How Do I? Taking Stats Using EA's API

Discussion in 'Caps Gaming Showcase North America' started by ShortyxLOSE, Oct 16, 2020.

1. ShortyxLOSE

ShortyxLOSE LG Deputy Commish | LGHL Commish | ESHL Staff

Discord:
    ShortyxLOSE#0738
    Ratings:
    +922 / 0 / -1
    How To Take States Using the New LG Stats API

Exciting news, we finally have the single biggest feature we've all been waiting for, a direct API to EA Sports for stats. This means no fumbling with screenshots, OCR, Twitter, or your phone to prove stats. This also means managers no longer will need to correct stats or spend hours fixing and managing their organization's stats (as of NHL 17).

This API is for both Xbox One and PS4, and we'll support it for every LG NHL league Team league we do include

• LGHL/LGAHL/LGCHL
    • ESHL
    • CanAm
    • Friday Night Puck & Saturday Night Puck
    • IHL & LGWJC
    • And any other supported LG League
    This is the killer LG Feature we've all been waiting for.

There is still some manual input as this API doesn't give us everything we have today. Rather than losing these stats, we decided to make those stats manual. So manual stat input is the following:

• Team Time on Attack
    • Team Power Play Goals & Attempts
    • Goals by Period
    Everything else we get from the API.

How it works is simple, the user selects the LG Game, then types in the "EA Sports Club" their LG game was played on, That brings up a list of the last 5 games that EA Sports Club played. The user simply needs to select which EA Sports Game is connected to the LG Game.

Here is a full demo

There are a few things to consider though:

• We can only get stats from Club Challenge!
    • It can take roughly 30-50 minutes after the game to show up on the API, sometimes right away. Depends on the server at EA.
    Here is a list of the benefits:
    • Makes being a manager in LG much easier, less work.
    • By removing the OCR input, we could move all stat entry away from managers so that the only staff could manage stats and we never have to worry about stats being padded.
    • 100% accuracy.
    • We could do things like team records and season achievements now that players won't accidentally be given 1000 goals for a single game by accident, etc.
    It is recommended that EVERY game be streamed, at once the game is over, the player stats and team stats are reviewed by the user who is streaming. This will give the league a video back up of the stats in case the API does not pick up the game. Screenshots of the player stats and team stats are also a valid form of stat back up as well.

Enjoy everyone.

ShortyxLOSE
  2. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,737 / 89 / -327
    bump

3. Newfiewall

Newfiewall Newfiewall

Discord:
    Newfiewall#9149
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I can do stats on my phone right I have delt with api stats before on my phone in other leauge cnc. There we save and uploaded it to MSO. Just wondering if stats can be done on phone here ???

No Streaming Account
  4. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    You can do stats from your phone. I use the web site through my mobile web browser to do my teams stats. You can probably use the app but I'm not entirely sure.

5. Newfiewall

Newfiewall Newfiewall

Discord:
    Newfiewall#9149
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yeah thanks man they said it can be done on the app to .but see what happens tommorw when they put games on the app

No Streaming Account