Media Team/Management Grades (Chicago, Colorado, Columbus)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Zubov_x_21, Jan 1, 2018.

1. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Team: Chicago Blackhawks :team75:
    Record: 59-17-6 (124 Points)
    Owner: @Desjy99
    General Manager: @Kraz18

Summary: Only one season after missing the playoffs the storied franchise of Chicago has been returned to greatness. @Desjy99 who was a part of last season’s Chicago team takes over ownership and from the beginning starts to turn the franchise around. It’s somewhat odd to see a team who has been as good as Chicago this season make as many in-season moves as they did, but Desjy was certainly not gun-shy and it seemed everything he did worked out. Starting from the beginning Desjy appoints @Kraz18 as GM and free contract. Kraz, who did have a somewhat of a down season in terms of points is still a monumental force to be Recon with. A staple first-liner and guy who went for 7M just one season ago. Locking a player up of his caliber as your free contract is a huge boost and step in the right direction and it would prove to pay dividends.

Adding to that the next huge move for Desjy and Chicago has to be the off-season acquisition of @Hriiz. Hriiz was acquired for what ultimately would translate to next to nothing from the Nashville Predators. Hriiz would go on to put up a record of 22-2-3 throughout the regular season and tally a career high of 95 points for what is easily the best season of his career. His 95 points was good for 3rd among skaters this season while his 56 goals was good for tops in the league. Adding to that the fact that Hriiz is on an invaluable contract of just 1.25M per season this would have to be considered maybe the best managerial move all season.

All that and we would still only be at the beginning of what @Desjy99 has been able to accomplish as an owner this season. From pre-season bidding where @Desjy99 would land @KyleY12 for a very thrifty contract of just 4M per, the mid-season acquisition of @Gladulov to the call up of @turbo166887 everything just seemed to work. The list goes on and on.

Highlight: Acquisition of @Hriiz on a contract of just 1.25M.

Lowlight: Really hard to poke holes in much of what Desjy did this season. I’ll list parting ways with Woy and @Desyd19 as lowlights despite the fact they did end up with fair returns on both players.

Grade: A

Reasoning for grade: Nearly perfect roster moves, great team, huge turnaround from last season. Pretty hard to not give flying marks here. I think the only real argument that could be made here is for an A+. It’s close, I’d say on the very cusp of A+, but I’m saving that grade for someone else (SPOILER: It’s not me).

Team: Colorado Avalanche :team8:
    Record: 51-21-10 (112 Points)
    Owner: @CoUnTeR-AtTaCk43
    General Manager: @TheGreatMP7

Summary: @CoUnTeR-AtTaCk43 and his Avalanche team have become a permanent fixture toward the top of the Central Division for seasons now. Missing the playoffs only his first season as owner of the franchise. Season after season he fields a team that has a great chance of success. From his accumulation of quality draft picks to his laser sharp free agent talent acquisition, Beefy has made the Colorado franchise a team that you expect to be there coming down the stretch. But with great expectations come great responsibility.

Beefy has hit a point in his managerial career where even great success can be marginalized by the expectations we have for Colorado. Doing great things should not and is not enough anymore for Beefy and I feel anything short of hoisting the cup can have a negative spin placed on it.

That being said, @CoUnTeR-AtTaCk43 is nothing short of a master craftsman. His ability to mix and match players, toe-drag the salary cap and traverse trade negotiations is second to none. Whether it be a move to acquire a draft pick that leads to selecting @JonFromEarth 5th overall or a lopsided trade that lands @xNav61 Beefy seems to almost always come out a winner. I think what I’m trying to say can all be summarized by one particular trade. “The Devils have traded B-Bunny & 1st Round Pick & xNav61 & 2nd Round Pick & Foote to the Avalanche for Rico Suave FLS & xGianTx & 2nd Round Pick & JaY_SnIpEz77_91”. This isn’t a drill, someone actually agreed to that.

Highlight: @CoUnTeR-AtTaCk43 caught a lot of flak when he dropped 9M on @lmaoBBK but for a guy who went 22-2-4 and lead the league with 109Pts I think we can say it ended up being worth it.

Lowlight: Being unceremoniously eliminated by Dallas in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Grade: B+

Reasoning for grade: Beefy as usual did a lot of really great things. If he was a new owner coming into the league he may warrant an A+ but he’s not and this is a results oriented business. Being bounced from the playoffs prematurely yet again hits below the belt and gets a few points knocked off. I’m sure we can easily argue for his grade to be higher but a B+ is where Beefy and the "Lanche’ " cascade into.

Team: Columbus Blue Jackets :team6:
    Record: 48-25-9 (105 Points)
    Owner: @Nick_x_98
    General Manager: @II-Entryy-II

Summary: The Columbus Blue Jackets lead by their General and Master Strategist @Nick_x_98 have become the bar for all teams over the past two seasons. @Nick_x_98 taking over the team in Season 5 after the team had an abysmal showing in Season 4 amassing only 69 points and displaying a unimposing record of 31-44-7; was faced with no easy task. But Season 4 seems like ancient memory now as the Blue Jackets would walk themselves to a Stanley Cup winning performance beating the Dallas Stars in six games despite what the odds makers had projected heading in to that season.

Fast forward to Season 6 and @Nick_x_98 once again has his team in a position that some teams could only dream to be. The Blue Jackets are heading into a 2nd round battle with the Carolina Hurricanes keeping the Blue Jacket’s chance at a repeat still very much alive.

The fact that @Nick_x_98 and the Blue Jackets find themselves into the 2nd round of the playoffs on a hopeful Stanley Cup excursion for the 2nd season in a row is no chance to hope. It is off the back of hard work and meticulous navigation of the regular season by Owner @Nick_x_98. Whether it be the acquisition of @I-JF5-I dating back to Season 5, the offseason GM appointment of @II-Entryy-II, acquiring the value contract of @II-Amazing-ll, bringing @DShakki back into the fold or adding value depth guys like @CelpHxTitleD506 and @MikexMassacre; @Nick_x_98 seems to have firm command on the team’s direction and knows precisely where he intends on heading.

Highlight: Completely changing the direction of the team after getting off to an unimpressive 14 – 13 start, finding ways to adapt and improve the team throughout the course of the season.

Lowlight: Trading @Akonvict21 for @Zam I93I . Not so much to the fact that @Zam I93I hasn’t worked out or performed well, I’m just a huge @Akonvict21 fan.

Grade: A-

Reasoning for grade: @Nick_x_98 is good at what he does. He turned a franchise around his very first season as owner not only making the playoffs but also winning the ultimate prize of the Stanley Cup. To turn around the very next season and land your team atop your division and back into the second round of the playoffs speaks volumes. He’s done it through the process of cunning roster moves and despite a significant level of roster turnover from last season, finds himself once again on the potential path to ultimate victory.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    zubov_x_21