Thanks, Bears Management

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Cargodawg, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Cargodawg

Cargodawg Solid 80+ LG Game D-Man.

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    I wanted to make this post a public 'thanks' as I felt these guys really went above and beyond what should be expected from a GM/AGM, and the greater LG community should have a chance to know.

Having done a season in VG with an 'okay' managed team (don't say that to be negative, just felt as the season wore on, the communication etc dwindled) I was unsure as to what to expect with this new LGAHL league.

My first communication was a voice message from @Moranaconda while I was enjoying some cerveza down Mexico way for holidays, advising that I had just been bid on to play for the Bears. From his tone and excitement, it sounded like it would at the very least be fun.

Fun turned out to be a huge understatement. Immense fun, highly competitive, structured, mature, and positive are perhaps some of the best words I could use to describe being a Hershey Bear team under the leadership of @Moranaconda & @vhigh this year.

Mike & Jonathan picked up most of the original squad straight from scouting in the VG, or training camp sessions within LG. The fact that we were all new to one another was demonstrated during the initial weeks when the team expectedly lacked cohesion. Unlike some teams where perhaps they had many friends that they knew and previously had played with, we were purely a 'new' team and it came with it's learning curves and challenges.

However, despite many being frustrated with the lack of early season success, management kept a very positive attitude and supported each player. Some tweaks were made in the roster to help try to balance out any missing components, while still maintaining a group that largely consisted of what some would likely consider a group of 'seniors' (as in citizens). With some of us (self included) having done 40+ laps of the sun and really just wanted to have some after work competition, without any nonsense. Often during a game you'd hear dads wishing the kids a good night, or heard some of them cheering in the background over the microphone during a session.

They then proceeded to work on helping us to develop playing as an entity, versus individuals. First with Youtube videos of the system that each player was asked to learn and understand. To then actually making videos, with Mike drawing on a dry-eraser board! Coach Babcock, is that you???

With most of us playing a 20+ game season, you're destined to have some rough nights. As a defender, a rough night usually meant that the goalie got left out to hang when a play was missed. Best case, goalie makes an amazing save. Worst case, a goal against us - and worse yet if it were a game losing goal. And time and time again, rather than chastise, management of the Bears offered support and optimism. With a 3 game a week structure, often it can be quite a few days left to stew between games. Knowing your management supports what you're doing sure make it a lot easier to shake off a 'less than great night'. And thanks to the patience and support I can say without a doubt that my (and my team mates) game ability improved significantly over the 12 weeks.

Although I'm incredibly disappointed in our short playoff run in S1 (congrats to Utica!), I could not be more happy with the past 12 weeks of being a Bear and for playing with what was an amazing team, led by an incredible management pair.

For me, these guys have set the bar as far as what a team GM/AGM should be, and what future teams I may be fortunate enough to play for, will be measured against.

Thanks for a really amazing season.

Proudly,
    Cargodawg
    Hershey Bears S1 LD

@Moranaconda & @vhigh

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    Thanks Carg's for you kind words my friend. I think I can speak for most when I say "friend" as I feel I have built some great relationships with everyone on this team this season and truly am grateful and consider each and every one of your true friends in my life now. Wherever the road takes us we will always have that first magical season as the S1 Hershey Bears. I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am that we couldn't bring home any hardware and made an early exit in the playoffs but I also can't tell you how proud I am of this team.

We started the season off very rough and everyone took notice and poked fun at us but as a TEAM everybody dug deep and worked together to dig ourselves out of the basement and become a truly competitive team that night in and night out gave it they're all. I can't thank the team enough for always coming back to work and trying to improve their play by practicing and really taking to heart the system we tried to implement. I couldn't be more proud of the way we played as a TEAM and not a bunch of individuals. I can say for sure that everyone on this team has made a name for themselves in this league and will be very sadly missed. I wish there was some way we could keep this whole thing together and make another run next season... But unfortunately that is just going to be impossible due to the way the league is set up...

You all know how I feel about you and I wish everyone nothing but continued success moving forward and even though we may be enemies in the future I will still pull for each and every one of you to do well.

Thanks for a great S1 Bears please don't be a stranger as I really do enjoy each and every one of you and the smart remarks and all around great times we have had for the last couple months. You are all great people first and foremost and have a great perspective on life so please nobody change and ALWAYS keep in touch. The S1 Hershey Bears will always hold a special place in my mind and for that I truly am grateful. Thanks Bears!!!

Respectfully,

Michael S. Moran
    Moranaconda
    GM Hershey Bears
    LGAHL PSN S1
    Logos-930x350-Bears-Primary.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  3. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    Moranaconda
  4. dudeman ryo

dudeman ryo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hershey does it right. Loved my time as a Bear. You guys make this league fun.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. vhigh

vhigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +640 / 8 / -68
    Cargo, thank you! There was definitely something special about this team and as well as you say we managed it, you guys made it soooooo much easier on us as managers. You and the rest of the team made it easy on scheduling and being prompt with time and communication and we really couldn't have asked for anymore. I really appreciate the nice words and I really enjoyed S1 in Hershey !!!!!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Vhigh