The astonishing transformation of STEPHENjHAWKING

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by FirstBlitzer AU, Feb 25, 2015.

1. FirstBlitzer AU

FirstBlitzer AU Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Please explain, what has clicked, tell us the secret, we all need to know? :shock:

No Streaming Account
  2. burton31cat

burton31cat Tim R

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    I asked him the same thing and his message was for everybody to "Step your game up!"

No Streaming Account
  3. FirstBlitzer AU

FirstBlitzer AU Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    It is an amazing transformation though, is it not, struggling not to come last in every event last season, and very ordinary performances this season until this tourney, it is almost like all of a sudden he has stopped getting his little baby sister to play his rounds for him.............................

No Streaming Account
  4. burton31cat

burton31cat Tim R

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    What chu talkin about Willis?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    I'm trying to determine the sarcasm level, troll potential, and desired intent of this thread. My first impression was: This isn't in the Constitution on how to report a concern, if that is what is being said.

Borderline thread lock notice...

fkncommishlb
  6. BestwoodRoadie

BestwoodRoadie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Bit of an over-reaction in that statement, maybe people are just interested in to how he has managed to progress to what he is shooting at the moment, well i certainly am, could use some of whatever application he is using.

Not noticed his past scores before this fred was posted but it seems like he has done some serious practice, as do i, just hope i can attain that standard by keeping doing it.

No Streaming Account
  7. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    What you call over-reaction, I call needing to do my job to make sure things do not degrade to negativity and bashing. I'd rather be more conservative than liberal in this instance. There's a process, and it's followed. All rounds, especially top performances, are monitored by those who have accepted roles on Committees. The entire league can police itself, as it should.

Having a fun thread is fine and good, and why this isn't locked. Just some things said could be interpreted several ways, not all productive or in good humor.

fkncommishlb
  8. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    Last week (or the one before), I shot a -9 or -10 in the first round. Had I been able to do this every round if I stayed focus, I would have been in the top 5 or better while I am usually near the bottom. If I end up lining up 4 good rounds, will I be called out in the forum like this?

Maverik19
  9. BestwoodRoadie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Sorry mate, i don't mean to upset you, as i can appreciate all too well that you are doing a great job running this thing.

The only thing that i read was that folk were asking what had happened to improve his scoring, thought that was quite reasonable thing to be talked about, i know that i would have debated it if it was me, i would be shouting from the rooftops with scores like that.

I honestly don't think that anything else, other than wow, was being implied, as you would agree with those banned controllers and yourself and your team checking all the incoming scores from our games nothing untoward CAN be done, other than good fortune, good scores achieved from lots of practice.

Personally, looking forward to making all 6 rounds in the red.

No Streaming Account
  10. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    There's a theory for everything!

11. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Of course you would, Mav. As would I. LGGTers with AHL golf skills! ;)

fkncommishlb
  12. Detfan1984

Detfan1984 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not even seeing him or the top scorer on the leaderboard in game.

No Streaming Account
  13. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Because you're on a PS4, Detfan. I've played you in MLB The Show leagues before, so I know this without checking. SJH is on XB1.

fkncommishlb
  14. GringoinaCaddy

GringoinaCaddy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    In Stephen's favor I played against his ball with turn order enabled at Locust Grove. And for the accuracy meter almost every shot was off line and the putting was horrible. I dont know how he made some of the putts he did. But it is LEGIT, he is not cheating in noway. I also played against MR tweek in first round and his putting was horrible to, I really dont know how they make the putts with the stroke there putting on the ball. 95% of all my putts are dead on the line back and forth, that being said congrats. But HB should fix this, you shouldnt be able to make a putt when the stroke can make a V lol.

No Streaming Account
  15. STEPHENjHAWKING

STEPHENjHAWKING Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Haha. I can say that I am as shocked as everybody. I have been playing more recently and have actually been trying to play with a little more intent and focus instead of multitasking/etc.

I think that my score this week was a combination of several other things as well - some luck, actually playing the course before starting my official rounds, low winds (I'm normally not a guy that tries to time my plays with the wind and it just happened that the day I played my rounds had a more advantageous wind), playing all of my rounds consecutively to get in a rhythm, and having a feel for the putting.

As one user pointed out, my putting sucks by the directional game standards. I agree. That said, I putt more by feel than by straight up and back. This means that if I feel the need to push the ball a certain direction with my stroke, I will do so. It looks ugly, and isn't nearly as consistent as the people who can put it dead straight every time, but it can work out well periodically if you are just having one of those good days.

Overall, I hope I can hold on to first in this main event, but do not anticipate competing like this very often. My general goal is just to try to crack the top ten, which I think I have only managed once or twice before this (last season). I am just happy that this happened this once.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  16. nvyscporet

nvyscporet Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Awesome shooting there....my goal is to Crack top 10 but have to put together 4 good rounds to do so.

No Streaming Account
  17. BestwoodRoadie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    Just played against your ghost in 2nd rnd at Locust with enabled on for some holes, tried to keep up with you but you were just on it, you had 11 birds and your last shot was eagle, great rnd, you made me step up, that's for sure, well done mate.

No Streaming Account
  18. Mr Tweek 1

Mr Tweek 1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I played with a metallic golf ball and had a super electrode magnet in the bottom of every hole...hope that clears things up for ya there gringo...lol oh yea did ya catch the hole where I stood on my head and putted with my 3 iron??

MrTweek1
  19. GringoinaCaddy

GringoinaCaddy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Not really catching the sarcasm, but as I said Mr Tweek you made your putts but they were also offline back and forth. I simply made a comparison and that both of yal were LEGIT players. your welcome to play against my ghost next week and watch my putts.

No Streaming Account
  20. TheTwizzler1974

TheTwizzler1974 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Great rounds everyone and hopefully tonight i will get a chance to complete my rounds but you guys sure put the pressure on, lol.

No Streaming Account