The Boston Globe

Discussion in 'EA NHL Hockey' started by Legacy XXIII, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Astrrro-_-

Astrrro-_- Devin

Ratings:
    +384 / 34 / -61
    logo-bg.png

*will be updated shortly*​

astrrrro
  2. Astrrro-_-

Astrrro-_- Devin

Ratings:
    +384 / 34 / -61
    Bruins find early success
    By: Anthony North

| GLOBE STAFF JULY 18, 2014
    The Bruins continued taking care of business, after beating the Lighting in a tense affair, that ended on a David Krejci penalty shot against Ben Bishop. Patrice Bergeron netted his 6th, and 7th goals of the season, and an assist. When asked about the early season success after the game Bergeron responded, "It's been nice, everyone has been working so hard so it is nice to see it pay off with a good start." He was also asked about the recent trade, in which The Bruins exchanged the 28 year old Andrej Meszaros and Chris Kelly for Nathan Gerbe and Riley Nash. He talked about how he thought they really fit in well and could both be in for very successful years. Nathan Gerbe was placed on the third line wing, while Nash was placed as the fourth line center. I caught up with Nash to ask how he feels playing in Boston. Nash talked about the great fans, and traditions.. "It's an honor to be in this position Boston seems to really believe in my abilities and I look forward to grow here" Nash said. Since the acquisitions the Bruins are 3-0-0. Bruins fans everywhere seem to be embracing Nash as the next 'big thing'. In other news the TD Garden is set for it's off-season renovations.. This will include all new upper deck seating, concessions, and WiFi hot spots. That is just the beginning as renovation costs are estimated at around 7-8 million dollars. Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli was thrilled about the updates, adding his thoughts about how he thinks the will make TD Garden "the best building in the NHL". Next up on the Bruins schedule are the 1-4-1 Florida Panthers. Bergeron and Co. look to improve to 8-1.

astrrrro