The end...... For now.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by B4NKS, Sep 16, 2017.

1. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    Supposedly there's an update and I was urged about this before my final decision but in all my years of playing eashl from the very beginning no patch has ever changed the game drastically enough to sway my opinion on it. So yes there's an update on the way but I doubt it will be more than a QOL update like fixing the blocker glitch and all that but again in my OPINION it won't change the game enough to sway the opinions of myself and others who dislike it.

No Streaming Account
  2. VeNOM3O99

VeNOM3O99 Ultra Instinct (Sign) Goalie

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    @NotoriousFAT 00

I'm quite "old" myself, don't worry!

But like B4NKS, I'm not sure if this game is for me anymore. I want to be able to make a difference for my team, and I feel like I haven't been able to do that anymore since NHL 14 on the Xbox 360. I was actually playing in LG in S3 at that time and I had a lot of fun, even though we ended up only going up to R2 with the Blades that season.

It's not really about winning or losing for me, it's about enjoying myself playing the position I love. I don't enjoy playing Goalie in NHL 18 at all. At the fundamental level, everything about the Goalie position is WRONG in this game. It's like they treat us like we're glorified door stops than actual players that are part of a hockey team.

I'm sure some people don't mind and they'll grind through it. I wish you luck and as much success as you can muster. But for me I like a little more substance to my games. Especially ones that charge you at the AAA price point. I don't play HUT. I don't play Offline. I only play 6s and mostly play Goalie. So for me buying this game is simply a bad idea.

Again, hopefully by the time it hits the vault the game will be a few patches "deep". We'll see then. I don't mind playing the game at that point because it will be "Free". But don't kid yourself: the main problems with the goaltending will still be there. No amount of "patching" can fix this position.

• Winner Winner x 1
    VeNOM3099
  3. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    You just summed up my whole thought process exactly. Thank you for that.

No Streaming Account
  4. MURPHANATOR3000

MURPHANATOR3000 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 6 / -4
    B4anks sad to see you go. You will be missed

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    Like I said before if the game turns around I could be back for S29 fingers are crossed but we shall see how the game looks after some patches

No Streaming Account
  6. Hansum Horty

Hansum Horty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +831 / 54 / -127
    We are all on the same playing field. I respect that you are annoyed but you aren't at a disadvantage.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. MURPHANATOR3000

MURPHANATOR3000 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 6 / -4
    ya but knowing Ea is a 50/50

No Streaming Account
  8. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +568 / 41 / -104
    In the past EA has done very little with their patches at the beginning of the game despite the community saying the same thing over and over again.

"blockerside is broken" EA has known this for well over a year but has yet to address it
    "Pucks go through my goalie" same thing EA has known this for over a year but has yet to change it
    "I keep getting stuck in the post animation" samething it has never been addressed.

There are two things that I have lobbied for almost a year to get, 1. the ability to cover the whole bottom of the net when the puck is behind the net, and the ability to move into shots especially 1ts, but yet again EA ignored goalies because "it isn't the most important position on the ice". It's getting to the point where their is no way the game can move forward before they start to address these issues, especially when they want to make NHL (a game that is losing more and more people yearly) an Esport. They need to start prioritizing gameplay for both HUT and EASHL over the "shinny toy" modes they add yearly. This was the first year I didn't preorder a special edition because I knew it wasn't worth it, they didn't offer anything appeal and their write ups were boring with little substance.

The series is slowly dieing and losing more and more core members every year yet EA choose to try and draw in a new crowd to replace the departed, that is not the way to grow the game. NHL has the chance to be a fun game that can draw casuals but the current direction of the game won't do that

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Windmillsfordayz
  9. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    Yes sir been saying the same things here

No Streaming Account
  10. VeNOM3O99

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    • Winner Winner x 2
    VeNOM3099
  11. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    Ah I see makes sense, clearly nothing wrong with the product because I'm obviously the only one who thinks this way... LOL

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    Not to mention that outside of the first 2 months of the game being out no one gives a fuck about the leaderboards

No Streaming Account
  13. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    @VeNOM2O99 thanks for posting that link btw I'm glad that this dude is taking shots at me without even knowing who I am or me being there lol

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. VeNOM3O99

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    He's an idiot and an EA Brown Noser. If you say something bad about the game, obviously you're frustrated that you're losing every game because you don't know how to play.

I don't even bother responding to his nonsense, but I thought you should know he was talking shit. He plays here in LG. He was with the Albany Devils last season. His username here is KoryDub, IIRC.

• Winner Winner x 1
    VeNOM3099
  15. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    Oh like the same albany devils that we beat almost every time last season and I shut out once? Nice, oooooops theres that pesky ego again :rolleyes:

No Streaming Account
  16. VeNOM3O99

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    Like I said, he's an idiot. While he was a mod, his MO was to talk trash and call people "bad" if they complained about any aspect of the game, which of course, he thought was perfect. After he "stepped down" as a moderator and gamechanger, he hasn't changed at all.

My only wish is that we all, as a goalie community, speak up and let the devs know that our position needs to matter. We have to be able to make a difference during games and not have to solely rely on our teammates in front of us.

The new patch finally dropped today. So I guess I'm going to use that final 4 hours and test the shit out of it... Not holding my breath, but I'm hoping for at least a step in the right direction.

• Winner Winner x 1
    VeNOM3099
  17. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    Keep fighting the good fight lol

No Streaming Account
  18. FILTHIESTCDN

FILTHIESTCDN Best in the Business

Discord:
    Filthiest Canadian#2913
    Ratings:
    +54 / 1 / -2
    Think it's a perfect time to serve out a 3 season ban. I'm enjoying my 6GAA thus far #ECMEU #slowdrip

@B4NKS you will be back one day, one season. I've enjoyed playing against you. G.O.A.T.

• Winner Winner x 4
    filthiestcanadian
  19. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    I've enjoyed it too brother we'll be at it again soon enough

No Streaming Account
  20. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625