The LGGT Season 2 Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by eMLBCommish, Dec 11, 2014.

1. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Hi guys,

In anticipation of the upcoming season, we would like feedback from the community. What did you like about LGGT? What did you NOT like? What do you think we need to do to improve for Season 2?

Here are some suggestions of things I would certainly like to discuss:

-- Merge XB1 and PS4 league to one LGGT league. Remain console only, though. That is LG's community.
    -- Season discussion - Should there be longer season, shorter season.
    -- Course discussion - Should we have themes as we do, or seek the best courses in general. Should we form a Committee who discusses the courses used? Should we create a database that we can individually rate courses as a community?
    -- Tour discussion - Was three courses too many, too few, just right? Should we keep the amount of points for the non-Primary Tour of the week, or lower it?
    -- Tour discussion - Should we establish a PGA Tour and a Lower Tier Tour? Would that appeal to you, or lessen your interest if you were in a lower Tour?

What other suggestions do you have?

Thanks for your feedback!

LB, [MENTION=7031]PHJ314[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION]

fkncommishlb
  2. blueorfe

blueorfe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I think merging XB1 and PS4 would be a good idea, more people on the leaderboard would make for an even higher level of competition. It would be a lot more satisfying fininshing high on a leaderboard when more players are involved.

Maybe a voting system on which courses we should use. So you guys could pick so many courses each week in whatever theme you have chosen, then we could vote on the final three (or how ever many there will be) used for that week.

I liked the use of three courses. I normally have plenty of time to get the rounds in, but can understand that other people might not be able to find time to play so many rounds.

The tour season felt about right in length, I think it lasted about three months?, but I wouldn't mind if it doubled. Then we could have two seasons per year, maybe a winter tour and a summer tour?

If there are enough players to split into two tiers that might be a good idea, so that more people would enjoy closer competition. Judging by the amount of players finishing tournaments at the moment, I am not sure that there will be enough?

No Streaming Account
  3. CanuckHoser

CanuckHoser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Suggestions:

Though I personally complete every week/every course/every round, I think many find it a bit daunting. For the purposes of discussion, let's assume that there are 100 people that actively competed and completed in Season 1. If this is far off, adjust any numbers shown below accordingly.

Perhaps have one course per week that is four rounds available to play only Thursday-Sunday (sort of reflective of pro golf). Have a merged leader board for that and if enough people complete that (I think they would) then there may be enough for two tiers. (Perhaps the top 25 as one tier (we'll call it the big tour for his discussion) and then another all other players - we will call it the little tour).

For those that are looking for their fix on Monday-Wednesday, have a second merged tour that consists of only three rounds and perhaps call it the amateur tour.

At the end of the season, the bottom three from the big tour get bumped down and the top three of the little tour get promoted. Plus, the person on the amateur tour that accumulates the most points is promoted to the big tour provided that they are not already on the big tour or are being promoted there from finishing in top three of the little tour.

One of the other major complaints about LGGT from other players is the course selection. Some found them boring, unrealistic, unfair, etc. etc. I think (though I am not qualified) that careful consideration needs to be shown in course selection. By playing just one course a week as suggested above, it may be easier to have a broader choice as opposed to exhausting the list with having to choose several.

Though I have not taken time to examine it, perhaps have some weeks worth more points and some less to represent lesser events in real life or the majors.

Long drive and closest to the pin challenges? It would be an honesty thing but easily verifiable with replays.

I am sure there are other things but my kids are nagging me to go out and make a snowman so I'll be back later.

No Streaming Account
  4. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Thanks for the suggestions provided thus far.

I am looking to wrap this up by the end of the week. Now is the time to speak, or we'll head in the directions we are planning.

fkncommishlb
  5. dylan42

dylan42 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I am quite happy with the way LGGT is run. I like that we have to input the score for each hole and the competition is excellent. The only suggestion I would have, is to echo blueorfe and ask to implement a voting system, perhaps 2 weeks before the tour starts, to determine the courses to be played. Also I have tried to get more players onto the tour but at least two said they had trouble registering. I suggested they give it another try and I would post on the forum any issues, but they never tried again. I can't understand why TGCtours gets such numbers playing and LGGT doesn't. I know LGGT is console specific but it isn't attracting the same buzz as TGCtours for whatever reason. It is early days for LGGT but it can be a great tour.

No Streaming Account
  6. CanuckHoser

CanuckHoser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think a lot of the TGCTour hype is the tiers/tours, the nationality aspect to some degree, one course week and what seems to be (though time will tell) a tight review system for courses. To me, both tours have huge pluses and only a handful of minuses. A love child of the two would be sweet.

No Streaming Account
  7. DBUCKEYES

DBUCKEYES Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One of the other major complaints about LGGT from other players is the course selection. Some found them boring, unrealistic, unfair, etc. etc. I think (though I am not qualified) that careful consideration needs to be shown in course selection. By playing just one course a week as suggested above, it may be easier to have a broader choice as opposed to exhausting the list with having to choose several.

I like this idea. alot of the courses I just will not play. I call them Wallyworld courses. ,,,,,,,,,,Not fun and unrealistic.I don't mind a challenge but some of these courses are just plain silly and have no place in what is supposed to be a simulation of real world golf. So what if the top players shoot 20 under. At least The rest of us have a fighting chance to shoot the same. I mean, High winds, greens too fast, mounds and hills, narrow fairways, no run up and trees in the middle of the fairway right in front of the gree. Comon. Isn't it enough of a challenge with fast green, winds and a long course? No need to through in everything and the kitchen sink too. OK sorry, im done now. lol So yes, courses need to be reviewed.

I cant speak about anything else as I missed the first season. Bottom line, I just want to have fun not wanting to throw the controller at the wall every round because the course is unfair or not realistic.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  8. nevadaballin

nevadaballin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Agree with Blu on all points.

I don't want it to get too complicated where the admins are busting their balls just so we can have a little fun. Remember to keep it simple. Once (or if) the API becomes available, then it would be time to look at more things that can be done.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Joepunchface

Joepunchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I missed the first season but am excited to participate in the upcoming season.

My only suggestion would be to possibly find a way to implement the new handicapping system when it is released? That might keep everyone interested longer if the high handicappers have a chance to actually compete with the guys that go super low every round. I'm pretty sure TGCT said they don't plan on using the handicaps in any way, so maybe if LGGT DOES use handicaps, it'll give it a nice unique twist?

Just a thought. Thanks Commish. I'm looking forward to teeing it up with you all.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. nevadaballin

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't mind if one of the secondary events each week used the handicap but I wouldn't want it to dictate LGGT. The main event for each week should not be handicapped.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Fairwrning

Fairwrning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    How about a pre season with handicap to see how it plays out..

No Streaming Account
  12. nevadaballin

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Not sure why we'd even use handicaps in what I've assumed to be a "pro" tour, not the local municipal weekend scramble. Unless some people are looking for a tour that is not pro level. I dunno if that was the goal of LGGT when it began - to be an amateur level tour.

No Streaming Account
  13. Fairwrning

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Im a +8 handicap so it wouldnt help me much at all...just be interesting to see.

No Streaming Account
  14. Fairwrning

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Im looking for a fun tour not a pro tour...close competition is more to look forward to than an imaginary trophy for ya..I dont expect to win either way..

No Streaming Account
  15. simodinhio

simodinhio Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think the handicap system is pointless in this game. It's a game and not real life.If you want more equal competition then make tiers in the league. Everyone hits the ball the same distance and has the same golfing ability as everyone else. Also the way the handicap rating is implemented is pretty poor imo.

No Streaming Account
  16. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    I'm 99.44% certain we won't be adopting the HDCP system. We consider it too arbitrary for our purposes.

• Like Like x 1
    fkncommishlb