The Portland Project - Week 3

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by GuruGreg79, Nov 3, 2018.

1. GuruGreg79

GuruGreg79 S9 Portland Winterhawks Owner

Discord:
    GuruGreg79#5238
    Ratings:
    +76 / 6 / -2
    After a really exciting Week 2, Week 3 in Portland was a bit of a regression towards the mean. After starting off the week with 3 divisional wins, extending our season-long winning streak to 6 games, we had some struggles against the WHL B.C. division. At the end of the week, we had swept our own division while going 1-4 against the WHL B.C. division.

[​IMG]

One of the most exciting games of the week came against the Victoria Royals, which mimicked our Week 1 game in almost every way (us losing 2-1 on a winning goal with <15 seconds left in regulation). Solid defense and outstanding netminding again dictated a tense and entertaining game.

At the end of the week, we managed to lose some ground on the Chiefs and Thunderbirds at the top of the division, but put some distance between ourselves and the rest of the division.

[​IMG]

As far as individual performances go, @Mattdisney111 continues to shine in net while @cheesepuff2882 continued his consistent performances while taking the team lead in scoring. @Xx-Tarr-xX-21 continued his unbeaten streak since being called up going into Week 2, now sitting at 6-0-0, while @The_Real_Teal lead the defensive effort with a 3-0-0 week and a team-leading +5.

[​IMG]

While we didn't set the world on fire this week, we did come out over .500 on the week, so I can't complain. After all, I've joked that if I can put together a team where everyone is better than me, we'll be in good shape. Based on the above, that seems to be working, but there's always still room for improvement.

• Winner Winner x 3
    GuruGreg79
  2. Xx-Tarr-xX-21

Xx-Tarr-xX-21 Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Great write up

• Winner Winner x 1
    STREAMING NOW
    xxtarrxx21
  3. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 West Coast Best Coast