The Surprising Teams From Week 1 Of LGBA Season 28

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Natural Snag, Jun 19, 2021.

?

What team was the biggest surprise (good or bad) in week 1?

1. Mavericks

2. Bucks

3. Nets

4. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Natural Snag

Natural Snag Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -2
    Week 1 of LGBA Season 28 is over. And boy, was I not expecting that. We saw the rise of TomKo, the struggles of Rick & Flems, Comeup at PG, and much more that I want to talk about. Let’s jump right in.

Let’s start off with the Mavericks. The duo of Tom and Elite TKO led the Mavs first line to a 3-0 start to the season. B Rab put up 33 PTS, 20 PTS and 14 PTS en route to the perfect start. Elite TKO also held down the C position, averaging 12, 9, and 4 over the 3 games. But it didn’t stop there. After the second line lost by 30 to the first line Raptors, they bounced back and won their final 2 games, giving the Mavs a record of 5-1 for the week. The Mavericks definitely proved many people wrong but, I am still interested to see how they fare against some of the other competitive teams in the league.

Moving on, we have our first disappointing surprise, and that’s the Bucks. They finished 2-3 but got a FF win vs the Heat to finish 3-3. The first line did lose at full strength, but you can definitely put an * next to the second line losses. Their second line PG, ChuckinFrees, couldn’t make it, so comeup ran PG and actually did well. Helping the team defeat the Thunder before losing to the mighty Timberwolves. However, I wouldn’t worry about this team too much, and I fully expect them to bounce back in week 2.

The disappointment train continues on, and our next stop is Brooklyn. Boy, was this an ugly week for them. After winning game 1, the first line took 2 close losses in a row. One by 5 to the warriors, and the other by 3 to the Thunder in which they choked a 5 point lead with 45 seconds to go. The first line showed a lot of weakness. Both flems and rick struggled to shoot, and sniper, while playing good defense, also could not get anything to fall. The one positive from that line? Berry Grizzly played very well and showed he’s ready to have a great season. Moving on to second line, it didn’t get much better. They lost to the 76ers second line (who had an AI for a whole half), lost to the Dallas second line, and then got absolutely flooded by the Wolves. But, like the first line, there was some positive. Murked played well on his Center, almost achieving a 5x5, while also showing his versatility as a lock in games 2 & 3. The Nets waived their second line PG, AutoxTone, after the games, so it’ll be interesting to see what moves Rick and Flems make from here.

So, there are your surprises, both good and bad, through week 1 of this new LGBA season. I’m sure there is much more in store for us, and I would not be surprised if the 2 teams I listed as disappointments get better real soon.

P.S. As the wolves honorary you know what, somebody please combine teams to try to stop them. Or else they are going undefeated in the playoffs. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account