Thoughts on our Season

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming G-League (LGGL)' started by Shush, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the update Pyro! I am pretty sure everybody will get the team they want. There may be some disappointments but for the most part I think everyone will be happy.

No Streaming Account
  2. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I totally sucked playing at Legend earlier today and cringe at the thought of what kind of blowout's I'll be in store for against some of you. I guess I'd have to adjust and with the priviledge of that information in advance, I could start practicing more on that setting. The defensive AI is much better on Legend I think in the respect that even lesser rated teams seem to play very well. I hate how fast the kicking meter is though. It would make FG's a lot tougher, even from short range and long ones would be killer. All in all, it's still a lot better than the stupid kick meter on Madden.

On a second note, I have no objections to going with 6 minute quarters.

Thirdly, I want the Cowboys though that's probably not going to happen. Nosice wants in on the Madden league so I would begrudgingly take the Texans if all else fails. I'd be interested in other teams should I be afforded such an opportunity to chose one.

Lastly, I think 24 teams would be ideal but 16 may be more realistic given the current level of interest. My brother would likely be interested and I know of another that probably would be too.

No Streaming Account
  3. lilheavy

lilheavy Louisiana Swamp Cat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would luv 2 take the Texans :wink:

No Streaming Account
  4. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it's actually really great if you learn the advance defense controlls on 2k5. It helps the defense alot more then just assigning regular coverage. With Legend turned on games are back and forth.

No Streaming Account
  5. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Suggestion/Polls that should be ran:

-No Huddle Offense
    1. Whenever
    2. On 2 and 4th quarter with 2 minutes left, only in the third quarter if down by __)

-Sportmanship
    1. When should enough be enough and not just do it for the sake of stats
    2. Ball controll time (max or min, 4th quarter kneel to kill time, max seconds allowed before snapping the ball)

-Quarter Lenght
    1. 6 minutes
    2. 7 minutes

-Player Controll
    1. Allow users to move individual players on the field manually
    2. Only from the formation shifts and defensive audibles
    3. Both ok.

- Difficulty Setting
    1. Allstar (slow meter when kicking, easier to brake tackles and catching passes)
    2. Legend (faster meter...for tougher field goals attempts, faster pursuit towards the ball carrier, better defense awareness)

- QB Scramble
    1. Ok by me
    2. Don't abuse it

- KnownGlitch Abuse
    1. DONT DO IT!

-Amount of days before next games
    1. 5 days
    2. 7 days

-Rosters
    1. Use current
    2. Wait for update

-Trade Deadline
    1. Yes(what week)
    2. None

These are just some random things i came up with. add if you need to.

No Streaming Account
  6. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is why we asked last week in the voting thread to pick the game you prefer, not which league you like better. Play the game that makes you most happy.

No Streaming Account
  7. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Army make sure you post in the sign-up thread. There will be another thread about team assignments once we nail down who is in. I honestly feel that keeping the league to 16 may be in our best interest.

As for the settings, I haven't played on Legend online yet. I personally would rather have an All Pro league.

No Streaming Account
  8. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Play the game anyway you want. That's my view.

I think we all know what this means. We can deal with it on a case by case basis if necessary but I don't see any reason to make a rule about it. Play football the way the Pros play it and we shouldn't have a problem.

6 minute quarters work for me.

Again, I would say play the game anyway you see fit. As long as you are not exploiting a glitch I have no problem with what you do on defense.

I personally think All Pro will give us the best gameplay.

Do what you gotta do. If you have the Falcons and want to run Vick every play God bless. As long as it's not a glitch or an exploit play the game as you see fit.

This goes without saying. Do it once receive a warning. Do it again and you're gone. Nuff said.

I would like 7 days.

If we start the season with the current roster are we stuck with it? If that's the case then I want to wait until we have updated rosters.

I'll need to look into this. I believe the league allows trades yes? This could be an interesting part of our league.

Good job Willo!

No Streaming Account
  9. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, trades are allowed if you use the ESPN Leagues, as I think you are.

No Streaming Account
  10. Pyrogerbil

Pyrogerbil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just wanna make one thing clear. Dont go screaming glitch every time you get sacked. Some games the players just perform differently if you think someone is using a cheat then make sure before you cry wolf. Either that or mention it casually and let people know. Pls dont come here in a big hissy fit and cry glitch every time something doesnt go well for you.

Last game I played the guy I was up against was playing LB and his DE and DT got through untouched about 5 times. Sometimes that happens I dunno why it happened 5 times in one game just bad luck but it wasnt any glitch he wasnt even using those players or shifting them.

No Streaming Account
  11. Linuxx360

Linuxx360 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well I will get my butt kicked but I will have fun either way, I get owned on all pro LOL.

GO Vikings

No Streaming Account
  12. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You and I can fight it out for the basement. We may have some competition from Army of 1 :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  13. Giotto

Giotto Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tell you what Ill let you have them next season. We can do a one season trade and see about trading them every other season. i dont want to give them up and it doesnt seem right for you not have them either. let me know what you think willow man.

No Streaming Account
  14. Giotto

Giotto Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what about moving men off the line prior to the snap? What the genral consesus on that.

Im still having trouble counter that with the week Giants "O" line , and it gets old hot routing to Shockey all day

No Streaming Account
  15. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Here's my take on your suggestions Willo:

No Huddle Offense: 1. Whenever
    I think it's all about strategy, and being able to audible out of a specific coverage. I don't think anyone will abuse the no huddle.

Sportsmanship Use your judgement
    If you think you'd get upset about someone running up the score, don't do it to them. I think we can all behave like civilized human beings, and use some common sense on this one. If there's a case where someone believes that their opponent ran up the score...we can check the stats via the website, and see what was what.

Quarter Length: 1. 6 minutes
    I think that 6 minutes would be a sufficient amount of time for the game, without it dragging out all night. Some of us here have family that needs to be taken care of, and we all know how much "quality time" wives like with their hubbies.

Player Control: 3. Both
    I don't see any problem with either of these options as long as nobody is trying to setup for the abuse of a known Glitch!

Difficulty: 2. Legend
    I like playing legend it adds a little more skill to the game.

QB Scramble: 2. Doesn't matter to me.
    If you've got a scrambler like Vick or McNabb, by all means use them that's why they're on the field.

Known Glitch: We all know the answer to this one.

Days before next game: 2. 7 days
    It gives you a little more time to setup your games, just in case any unforseen events arise (ie. illness, Acts of God, force majeure, etc.).

Rosters: 2. Wait for update
    I believe Willo has a list of dates of when the next roster update comes about. Let's wait for that, then get the ball rolling. We want a realistic league if possible.

Trade Deadline: 1. Yes...
    I'd say depending on how many weeks we do. For a 16 week season let's have the deadline be week #10.

This is a great start for league settings. Thanks for taking the time to post your ideas Willo.

No Streaming Account
  16. lilheavy

lilheavy Louisiana Swamp Cat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I say PLAYER CONTROL should be only what the normal shifts allow, specifically for DL. I hate to see when guys take a DE extremely wide or back him up off of the line of scrimmage. I don't mind safties roaming around, but DE and DT lined up with linebackers just don't make sense.

I'm sure we won't have to worry about that here though. :wink:

No Streaming Account
  17. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My name should be bold now ;) And the only thing I would say is 5 min qtrs but I guess I'm up for anything :)

Gajeske85
  18. Ted Danson

Ted Danson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Everything else I don't really care about, but I do really feel strongly about LEGEND difficulty. It just makes for a better game.

No Streaming Account
  19. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This does happen in the "real" NFL though. I know from watching the Dolphins games that Jason Taylor will often come off the line to take a run at the O-line either out wide or straight up the middle in a blitz. The problem here is that in ESPN NFL 2K5 the O-line is often not smart enough to pick up a player who moves off the line.

No Streaming Account
  20. Ted Danson

Ted Danson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I feel that we shouldn't place any restrictions on gameplay, as this will just create arguments that will most certainly not be easy to mitigate. Like accountblocked has said in the past, I believe everything in this game can be countered with smart strategy and playcalling.

No Streaming Account