To Potential Owners/Managers

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by dstokes31, Oct 7, 2014.

1. dstokes31

dstokes31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -5
    Was viewing the bidding process this morning and was surprised to see not only my price at 5 mil +, but that 3 teams were currently in the bidding for me. I've only ever heard of or spoken to two of the ownership groups (Liverpool, Tottenham), and one of those has confirmed that they were not in the bidding for me. Needless to say, I'm a little curious as to who these other two teams are....

If you are the Owner/Manager of either of the two unknown teams currently bidding on me, I'd love for you to PM me and fill me in on a few things. I've never tried out for anybody, nor played in any drop-in or pick-up games, so I'd be curious as to how you know who I am, and/or why you'd be interested in spending a solid chunk of change on a player you've never played with/against?

I'm more than willing to play with any team, just was curious and would like to speak with the ownership group I'll be playing for prior to them spending a ton of budget on me. I'm not some kid who's going to go tell his buddies who's bidding on me or anything, just would like to speak with ownership and get a feel for how they run things and their rationale for bidding so highly for me.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    LosMamaguevos
  2. melr0ws

melr0ws NOT DRY

Discord:
    wayshee#2863
    Ratings:
    +432 / 4 / -8
    #collusion

waysheegoes
  3. WrigAttack

WrigAttack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ill admit that i havent read the bidding rules in this league, but if the ownership did approach you, that would be a violation in other leagues and could result in a strike towards ownership removal.

Its a blind bid board for a reason, so just wait and see what happens. They have 80mil to use anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. dstokes31

Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -5
    Lol. Then go read the rules, bud, before posting your useful opinion about a topic that doesn't concern you.

• Like Like x 1
    LosMamaguevos
  5. Twiztid Kris

Twiztid Kris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Bad attitude alert! :roll:

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    Why not talk to the winning owner/management group once your bid is final? If you feel you aren't in a right fit at that time, ask them politely for a change in scenery.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. HarryBurntToast

HarryBurntToast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    This isn't how bidding works. It's anonymous for a reason. You're not special enough to avoid doing the same thing that everybody else who has been bid on is doing: waiting. It's a difficult concept, I know.

No Streaming Account
  8. dstokes31

Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -5
    Lol. Nobody's acting "special", or anything else. Was just curious and asking a question.

LosMamaguevos
  9. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    somebody wanted a 500k bid to play with his friends....cheeky guy who'se gonna quit after 2 weeks.

No Streaming Account
  10. WrigAttack

WrigAttack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    When you write in a public forum, you get public opinions. As to the rules, there actually is none stating that you cant discuss from a management or player standpoint, though the league maintains no asking for a transfer to a specific team when asking for a transfer request... Not sure if its an oversight or what. Maybe someone else can identify it?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    Owners/Manager's are not supposed to tell player's who they are bidding on or tell them "I have the bid on you"... but I think this happens more then we are aware of regardless if your not supposed too...

The no-transfer to a specific team is a fine line... Anyone has the right to say "I have buddies on a different team, would you mind trying to trade me over there" and teams may be requested, but where the Owner actually sends the guy is another story, Owner's do not have to oblige by where the player wants to go what so ever.

Now if the player is straight up trying to broker a deal between two Owner's to get him to where he wants to be, that would be a different story...

Either way proper complaints can be filed if things escalate to that much of an extreme.

12. dstokes31

Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -5
    No brokering or general shadiness going on here, was just curious since I've never played with/against any owners but Dilo and Symbieh. As stated in the OP, I'm more than willing to play with/for anybody, just was curious and was interested in possibly speaking with the mystery owner and getting a game or two with them.

This was a simple question of curiosity that got derailed by some unnecessary trolling.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    LosMamaguevos
  13. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    Haha no worries man! Nothing wrong with asking!

14. Trae x8

Trae x8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    Im not even gonna look but if you are signed up as defense thats why your bid is high

15. dstokes31

Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -5
    Midfield

LosMamaguevos
  16. Viva la Surf

Viva la Surf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I think what you are stating here is the answer to the question that you originally asked. It appears based on the number of posts that you have (could also have changed GTs) that you aren't too familiar with how this works. To be specific before I go on in with further explanation and am happy to provide my opinion further if you so choose, you stated that you have only played with or against Dilo and Symbieh. I don't know Dilo personally, but I've been around the forums enough to know that he is a talented player and well respected. Having that relationship with him where you've played in a match is likely the reason for you being bid on.

Folks that take on ownership in any of the LG leagues are more savvy than they often appear. We all know that 80% if not more of a teams roster was or is all but determined before bidding even happens and likely before even registering to play in LGFA. These are current club mates, friends, etc., that are either already on LG or recently signed up and most will get assigned to the team / owner they have that relationship with. Savvy owners in this capacity have already scouted and been running with their squad for some time. This is why you saw so few teams even put up a scouting game pre-bidding and why some teams clearly are further behind (i.e. Chelsea) than others.

The other 20% of a roster is made up of players who are chosen on some combination of their activity level, their play in scouting games, their FIFA rating, their relationship with or the appearance of one with folks that are known to the community, etc. Again, my best guess and opinion is since you have run with or against the likes of Dilo and Symbieh, you are falling into this category and is likely the reason for your bids.

Good luck!

No Streaming Account
  17. dstokes31

Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -5
    Ha, yeah I'm a former owner with a different league, so I'm pretty familiar with the bidding process and how/why people are bidded on. It's fairly possible 1or2 are actually bidding and every other team is just price gouging someone they have no real intention of signing. All is fair, I'll play wherever.

Again, was really just looking to hopefully hear back from one of the mystery owners and possibly run a game or two with them. We can close this thread, it's been less than helpful and hasn't really shed any light on the only question asked anyway.

Thanks, though.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    LosMamaguevos
  18. Hawkeyenation9

Hawkeyenation9 LGBA League Official

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    why would u post this?

No Streaming Account
  19. Ao I DiLo

Ao I DiLo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    Today I learned I'm well respected. I intend to change that.

OutlawsFCTV
  20. Viva la Surf

Viva la Surf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Well respected is interchangeable with "one of the loudest" but I was simply being kind. I think behind your response to the top 10 players at each position being "DiLo" across the board, while the humor was obvious to me, perhaps some might take it literally?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account