Top Spin Season 2 - Suspended!

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by Babolat, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Top Spin Season 2 -

I originally thought about doing this about a month ago with talks with many of the other admins and moderators, but I thought I would give it another go around and maybe get this league going again. I would've hated to cancel this league and let it fail on my watch, but I tried and this league has to cease until things change.

Without pointing fingers or making excuses, the participation of this league has been poor ever since tournament 5 or 6 of season one. Seems like too many people were complaining about the glitches, styles of play, or whatever, thus leading to many flame wars on this site. That led to people leaving, and not finishing matches, etc. After a while, we went from 64 players in this league, to 8, and it was just way too much work for one person to do to have to chase down everyone that didn't get their matches in. So please understand why this is happening.

But for season 2, we had a real good thing going, we had over 22 people sign up, and we had a format that everyone liked. Real tournaments, no female matches, etc. But when sign-ups came for the first tourament, we only had 10 people, which then dropped to 8 people for the second tournamant. Unless we get a more loyal following, or a better tennis game, this season will be put on hold until further notice. Thank you!

Babolat

PS. Let me give thanks for those few individuals that made this league happen with their awesome play, determination, and loyalty. You know who you are, and I thank you.

No Streaming Account
  2. eze123_00

eze123_00 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with the decision Babs. The league was great while it lasted, but there's just not enough people interested in it anymore. Thanks a ton bro for running the league as long as you did. Your hard work keeping this site together is very much appreciated. If there's ever another league on this site for a tennis game, hit me up on MSN.

No Streaming Account
  3. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It was great while it lasted.....had a lot of fun and met some cool new people....thanks a lot for the hard work babs...peace.

No Streaming Account
  4. terryaney

terryaney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree, league was very fun when I had time. Don't konw if I was considered one of the loyal participants, think I only missed my one match this last tourney and that was b/c I just had a baby. One comment that 'might' help (at least in my case) with any seasons that may come is stretching out the playing time...little unorthodox, but might work. Each round is given a 'week' to play and if people get it done early they can continue to play??? I am sure this was discussed by admins, but not sure if ever presented as an option to the users. Some of us old times just don't have the time to play as much as an ambitious league like this hoped.

Anyway, main point is, I was and still am impressed with the organization and professionalism of this site. Most of the members are very mature gamers..fun to play, and I will miss this league...even though my participation was dwindling.

No Streaming Account
  5. The Phat Bandit

The Phat Bandit Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aww man that sucks.. i was about to join up.

P.S. I'm gay

No Streaming Account
  6. The Phat Bandit

The Phat Bandit Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ummm sorry ignore that p.s. it was put there by someone else.....

No Streaming Account
  7. Macdeezy

Macdeezy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to sign up too :(

No Streaming Account
  8. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's over, maybe next tennis game.

No Streaming Account
  9. BaselineBruiser

BaselineBruiser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no chance to bring everyone out from retirment for one last tourny?
    the brusier is back and always ready to compete.

P.S.- babolat i had a great freshman year of playing college tennis!

No Streaming Account
  10. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't even have the game anymore. But glad you enjoyed your freshman tennis year.

What singles seed did you play (#1-#6)?
    Did you play doubles anyway?
    Is your school D-I or D-II?
    How many wins did you get?
    What was the toughest school you played?

Details! Details!

No Streaming Account
  11. BaselineBruiser

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well i played for a state school so it was division 3.
    i played number #3 singles and #2 doubles.
    in conference i went 3-4 and outside of conference i was 2-3. (we didnt have that many matches.) we did move into a different conference so we had a end of the year conference tourny. i was ranked #3 in the #3 singles bracket. it was so much fun. it was just like playing in an official pro match. i had to wait to go on court and there was scheduled times. awesome. i won the first math but lost the second.
    i am still under experienced but i just love to play and compete so that is why i did so well. i cant wait for next year, some people are leaving so i will play #1 or #2 singles probably.
    alright cya lata and thanks for your intrest!

No Streaming Account
  12. BaselineBruiser

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    southern maine was one of the hardest in conference team that we played. but dartmouth won the conference.
    we played some really good out of conference teams too. i cant remember them all but rhode island was pretty good, well i cant remmber anymore

No Streaming Account
  13. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, congrats on your season. I'm glad that you are excited about next year, that is a great attitude to have. And good luck playing up in the higher positions. The good thing about playing one is that you play that other school's best player. I played #1 for a couple years at my school, and it was great to say (when I beat them) that I was the best player in my school...and their school. Also, being #1, you have to be the leader, and the role model for everyone else. But try to play #2 if you can...it's just as fun as #1 without all the responsabilities! :)

No Streaming Account