Media Top stories of week 6 - trade deadline

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by IlFox, Nov 25, 2017.

1. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    Week 6 is in the books folks, and there’s a little extra something in the air as trade deadline is fast approaching. With a little over a full day left to finalize some deals, there are a few teams that surely will be looking to add some fire power or bolster up the back line for the final push. I’ll try to refrain myself from talking too much about trades as @jon made mention that he would put together a thread about it. This week’s post will be a bit shorter than usual as not a whole lot happened aside from all the traids.

Providence Bruins:team352:

Putting together one of the best weeks in the East Altantic with a 6-2-1 record, Providence isn’t giving up on their playoff push. The first time I mentioned these guys was in my pre-season power rankings and I had them pegged as one of the top teams in the East. While they haven’t quite lived up to the pre-season hype, the @hutch2323 , @flyers2844 , @BladezTML line has managed to keep these guys in contention by putting up some very respectable seasonal numbers (14-3-1, 12-2-1, 14-4-1). This is their 2nd consecutive season playing together and it’s paying off. They don’t seem to be playing the most difficult lines, but we all know availability factors in here, the important part is they are putting in wins to get them back into a playoff spot. Secondly, with 3 weeks left, we are finally seeing a resurgence of @SpruceMoose91 , @Drake0807 , and @DatsyukianxDeke as they seemingly are pulling themselves out of their disappointing start to the season. The boys put up 4-0-1 in their last five and if they can keep it up they will play a big part in Providences playoff hopes.

Laval Rockets:team778:

These guys made some moves last week to add some depth and put up a great week 5. I criticized that it was against an easier week on paper, however they came out swinging in week 6 putting up a 7-1-1 week against a much stronger opposition. They now sit 5pts clear of Utica at the top of the East North and have what most would consider an easy week 7 schedule. They face off against their divisional rival, Utica, on Monday at 9:45 EST. We could be seeing a 1st line brawl here as the @rG Breezyy and @Lorenzo x 24 line aren’t ones to shy away from the important games. Should be interesting to see if @l Mackie l decides to match up for it, though it’s only week 7, taking any points possible from each other could be the difference between who finishes 1st.

Rockford IceHogs:team349:

SOS? After I predicted these guys to be a bottom feeder team in the Western Central, @nyBARISny and @Clancy2113 were quick to call me out after they were in the race after the first two weeks of the season. Ever since that, they’ve been on a slow decline as they watched teams pass by them one by one. Well fellas, perhaps another kick at your tires will get you guys back and running again, 7pts out with 3 weeks left isn’t impossible for these guys, especially when 3 of 4 teams ahead of you are on losing streaks; but they need to figure it out quick.

LeHigh Valley:team302: & Colorado Eagles:team625:

These two teams were both picked apart not long ago and auctioned off to the highest bidder (or friends). What remains for both is a roster with no obviously 1st lines or line combinations at all. I must say I am extremely curious to see if any of these two teams will make any effort to salvage what they have left as they both occupy a playoff spot. Part of me is keeping my hopes up for some Cinderella stories out of these guys as the band of misfits come together and make the most incredible playoff run ever. Ok well, that’s done now. Time for me to put the whiskey down perhaps?

Stockton:team516: & Manitoba:team307:

After weeks of chatbox chirps, we finally saw a clash of these two giants. We unfortunately did not get the @KrawcH v2 / @euroxhalfer line vs @Im4thLineWorthy 's line, however we did see Manitoba’s first line face off against the human backpack himself, @im just a squid . I did not catch the whole game personally, but I did get the tail end of it and I must say I wasn’t quite sure what to think. We saw Manitoba flex their muscles, despite the game went to extra time, it seemed to be all Moose all the time. I must say I am extremely excited to see the rematch on Monday between these two teams. Can Stockton redeem themselves? Or will Manitoba flex on them some more. Should be a good one either way.

San Jose Barracuda:team519:

I talked about these guys last week and how they need to snap out of it quick or they will fall out of a playoff spot. Well, week 6 wasn’t their week once again posting a 4-5-0 week. With 3 weeks left, these guys need to start putting together a couple more points a week or they risk being overtaken by what seems to be a very hungry Texas team. The Barracuda’s, as predicted, did finally make some moves on the trade market as we saw them take advantage of the LHV fire sale as well as picking up a few extra pieces from Binghamton and Colorado. It should be an interesting week 7 for their new roster as they are heading into a difficult week against some tough competition in the West.

Props:team618::team298:

I just wanted to say props to the bottom feeder teams who are sticking in there and putting together a couple wins playing spoiler to the playoff hopefuls. Toronto are 5-5-0 in their last 10, and Tucson 3-6-1. Keep on keeping on.

As always, good luck to everyone in week 7.

• Like Like x 9
    No Streaming Account
  2. DudleyDoWright5

DudleyDoWright5 Diet David Letterman

Ratings:
    +698 / 38 / -40
    Yay! Props!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    RANKED match - Round 6 / 0
    DudleyDoWright5
  3. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Breezy already caught these hands I doubt he wants it again.

• Troll Troll x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    iMackie21
  4. Coreymac27

Coreymac27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coreymac27#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 15 / -13
    Wouldn’t say it was all Manitoba in that game

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Saucing Pucks

Saucing Pucks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +604 / 16 / -21
    I mean it was like 12mins TOA to 4mins. I think thats what fox was getting at

• Like Like x 1