Tournament/League Name

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by NugeTV, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I hope your math skills are a lot better than that...you are looking at per player, see Williams post for a more accurate number. The point isn't about who you trust, the point is about learning life and making sure you have your ass covered and know where you money is going.

2. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    Last I checked I'm not paying for my entire team. My contribution to the total prize pool after Tris' cut and the Paypal fees is $6.67, so my ability to add and subtract seems pretty solid. Yes, once you pool all the numbers together it becomes a larger number, thank you Captain Obvious. However, each of our individual contributions remains $10.00 so still half an order less for Jerz at his nearest McDonalds.

And yes, the point is that I do trust Nuge (slimy JakeyPooBear bet not withstanding) and I trust that he'll be able to figure out the logistics and payment structure. And it doesn't seem like he is forcing anyone to submit their buy-in yet, so I'm not even sure what you're crying about. It isn't like this is some idea that has been years in the making, this is something that they threw together a month or two ago and just recently worked out the financials with Tris.

BLicK1252
  3. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Nobody is crying, I guess my post isn't as obvious as you think it to be or you seriously lack comprehension skills. It has nothing to do with trust and more about logistics and what fees are being applied to where, if any & a persons right to know. I'll just assume you are too young & naive to understand that, keep up the big shot attitude and I'm sure you'll keep it inviting enough to grow and expand to more than just a handful of top teams having a poker night (I know you'd be fine with that too).

As for Nuge, (just to get it out of the way)
    I think you are doing a great job fielding questions and concerns. All have been very professional and answered well. Please consider my questions as "test" or playing devil's advocate in order to get the information out that people should know. I'd really wish I had time to throw some suggestions to you guys about things that might make it more interesting to the more common player but I just can't fit it in.

4. BLicK12

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    I'm not lacking any sort of comprehension with regard to what you are saying. It seems though, that you enjoy contorting my statements and then questioning my math skills and reading comprehension after you've misinterpreted my comments.

People are contemplating bailing withTris + Paypal demanding 33% of the pot, what other fees would possibly be associated with this? A Nuge tournament organization fee? People already don't want to play for 33% if Nuge implemented that, we'd all laugh in his face. He's doing this to try and reinvigorate 6s, not profit off of our already hilariously small buy-in.

And I suddenly have a big shot attitude because I don't appreciate you talking down to me? Your last sentence in your first paragraph is very poorly worded. But it sounds like you are trying to say I want a limited pool of teams? Yes, I want as few teams in this to make the pot as small as possible, do you have any idea how ~*~* that sounds?

Yes, Nuge could better spell out what the rewards are, but that also is totally dependent on how many teams sign up. Logic dictates that if total expenses are 33% the remaining 67% will be spread out amongst the winners. How many positions get paid out and how much those payments equate to are completely dependent on the number of teams signing up. I think you're reading too much into this, but perhaps I am the naive one.

BLicK1252
  5. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    I guess I'll confirm this, thought it was common sense:
    All money not going to Tris/Paypal will be paid out to the winners (distribution among winners TBD based on number of teams).

67% prize pool, 33% Tris/paypal, 0% Nuge organization fee.

6. ReplayChr1s

ReplayChr1s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    Tris is holding the money so it's not like Nuge can take any portion of it.. I think ozzy is talking about the payouts though which would be determined by the number of teams that sign up. It looks like there will be 12-16 teams and the top 4 will payout with the 4th seed getting their buyin back. I've seen numbers thrown out but for now it would probably be better to give percentages of payout for 1-3 since it can vary depending on teams. That should give everyone a clear idea of what to expect.

No Streaming Account
  7. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93
    You're not allowed to question them otherwise they think you're trolling, and start acting pretentious. Almost like when I was skeptical over the sponsors, and would you look at that... No sponsors.

No Streaming Account
  8. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    No, I'm not talking about the payouts. I'm simply saying until all is planned and stated as fact and all avenues are explored legally they never solidified if money needs to go to some other resources. I'm well aware that the perfect scenario is that Tris gets his cut & the rest is in the winner's pool. BUT, until there is an official post stating it & that's how the money is going to be distributed its not set in stone. If their official thread changes what was posted in these discussion thread it can cause problems and people who might want to back out after the fact. "Refunds" cost money, believe it or not.

The rest of your comments reinforces that you do not understand my points whats so ever.....
    "A Nuge tournament organization fee? People already don't want to play for 33% if Nuge implemented that, we'd all laugh in his face."
    "Logic dictates that if total expenses are 33% the remaining 67% will be spread out amongst the winners."

I can tell you are taking my suggestive comments too literally, but maybe Rob and LA's site expense sheets could explain how and where added expenses could weigh in. Yes, most would be "assumed" (not logic) its under Tris' fee BUT, we don't know if there is any permit, taxes or other fees that might come into play because there was no official "this is how it is"

You don't understand the "attitude" comment. View who's read this thread, then let me know when it evens up with people who don't even want to look at topics like this because people think they can belittle people into sounding trivial & not important.

Thanks again Nuge, sorry for trying to get answers for questions people should be asking. I'm sure all the people that don't know you well enough will flock here based on Blick's trust in you (even though we've already established Tris will be the fund holder). I just hope that people don't get turned off by Blick's "shut up, pay the money and don't worry about it, we got it covered" attitude when us "~*~* sounding people" ask questions. ;)

9. Cheaaaa OK

Cheaaaa OK Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cheaaaaaok#0
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    9th Wonder will not be playing In this tourney unless one of two things change. First off 33% is way too much. The percentage of money this guy Tris should get is 10% max with a reduction to 0% after the 1st tourney. If that doesn't change it should be winner take all. LATA IN LIFE

No Streaming Account
  10. Vaporize 17

Vaporize 17 Clamps Island

Discord:
    T1 Clamps#5322
    Ratings:
    +830 / 21 / -48
    I agree.

Vaporize_17
  11. BagelPen

BagelPen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 6 / -4
    Are you old enough to work? Because if you are I'll hire you using your logic. The first day I'll pay you $100. After that it's going to go down to $0. The lack of knowledge about how life works is amazing. It's pretty scary to think you all might be adults, someday.

No Streaming Account
  12. Gary Garoo

Gary Garoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,906 / 18 / -49
    Weren't you brainstorming with Nuge here? Maybe you could take over from him and find a better option.

No Streaming Account
  13. ReplayChr1s

ReplayChr1s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    No Fearless or 9th, easy money boys.

No Streaming Account
  14. BLicK12

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    Payouts is exactly what you were talking about and why you started making comments in this thread, you misinterpreted Girg's discontent with the tournament. It was also questioning why people would pay already without knowledge of the structure, to which, no one has actually bought in outside of Nuge and Tino.

Now you are backtracking on that statement and throwing out hypotheticals. I wouldn't really call that asking the hard questions. There are going to be bumps in the road when you do something for the first time. And I'm not asking people to blindly throw their money into this tournament, they can do whatever they want. I do disagree if they think 33% is some outrageous portion for Tris running this for the first time, but I certainly see the logic behind keeping the rake minimal.

Seriously, who have I "belittled" in this thread? Go reread Girg's posts, if he had any reasonable logic behind them other than "LOL 33%" then maybe he'd deserve a better response. People are welcome to express their opinion and the more people that do so the better. If Tris realizes that he is charging too much and missing out on more teams, and therefore, more money in the long-run we all benefit.

I don't see what Rob and LA's expense sheet would do for us, they've never run a tournament like this for prizes. They showed us "all" of their expenses and revenues. We realize Tris has more expenses than simply the software development (which I'd assume is mostly just the cost of labor not a hard expense at this point) and we also assume those factor into the number he has already given us.

I don't need to sidetrack this thread anymore but I'll just laud you one last time on manipulating my post in your last paragraph, well done.

BLicK1252
  15. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    You should never play virgin gaming again. Their cut should be 10% max for the first game and a reduction to 0 after that.

16. keso_paghuni

keso_paghuni Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +720 / 1 / -5
    Question to the people that think 33% is too high. Tris' cut is that amount, but let's say paypal takes a fee which they do, and assume his cut is then down to 25%. And lets assume that the system that tris will put in place is good and he put around 4-5 hours of work in to it. Wouldnt it then be reasonable that he charges that amount for only the first time? Then the percentage goes down after that.

Nuge has been great in doing this but he should have released all the info at once so people wouldn't have had to react this way. Then when everything is out there we can discuss this more. This could be the start of something that makes the game worth playing so dont act like ~*~*s......girgs

Keso_Paghuni
  17. Oo TheMvp oO

Oo TheMvp oO Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oothemvpoo#0
    Ratings:
    +513 / 38 / -28
    Why doesn't it work opposite where he gets a lower percentage first to see if we even want to do it again. Then more teams will look at doing it after this first tourney. Anything over 15 percent is ridiculous. If the payout is going to be that shitty, its not worth the hassle of even doing this. Ozzy did this same Tourney a few years ago and didn't charge anyone a dime and it ran Smooth. A website was put up and monitored correctly by Ozzy and a few others. I do understand Tris will be putting work in but 33 percent worth isn't fair to the competing teams

llTheMVPll
  18. BagelPen

BagelPen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 6 / -4
    Then put a tourney together. Thanks for offering to put up a website and running the whole tourney for free. Oh wait, your just implying for someone else to invest there time for free, while you reap the benefits. My head hurts.

No Streaming Account
  19. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    It doesnt run the other way because when you commit hours of your life to doing something you would prefer the return to be upfront and not "maybe they'll do it again in the future". 15% would barely cover the paypal costs for Tris, he might see $50 if that was the percentage.

Hes creating entirely new systems for us to use, not re-using already made systems. Hopefully people will realize that this is less about the money and more about revitalizing competitiveness in club. The winners will be rewarded handsomely, and a few of the runner-ups will get some money too but a solid month of competitive 6s followed by a playoff to determine the best of the best is definitely something that we can all get behind (I hope)

20. MattMurr

MattMurr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 3 / -3
    I just want to play to play

No Streaming Account