TRICK/SPECIAL SERVES...

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by Ragin Wahoo, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    TRICK/SPECIAL SERVES

Theres been a lot of talk about the alternative serves, and since this is a forum, I thought I would put my two cents in...

As for the serves, I personally think all the "special" and all the "trick" serves are utterly tasteless and homosexual on this game....Furthermore, people that use them obviously are attempting to compensate for their lack of other game.

These serves are totally unrealistic. I've played a hell of alot of tennis, so I know what I'm talking about. Those gay topspin serves (or whatever the hell they are) that go over the net at 1mph would be easy as hell to slam down any panzy ass opponent in real tennis. Same with the spoon serves, unless you're 300 lbs and slow. And call me crazy, but the kick serves kicks just a little to much.

Use them every NOW and THEN, fine....just because its a stupid aspect of the game....but chill the freak out with them!

But whatever, I've purposely made an effort not to fall to the level of trying to perfect these gay alternative serves...#1, because they are so unrealistic.....#2, because i don't need them to compensate for a weak overall game...#3, and most importantly, it takes the damn fun out of it..

Gay servers, you're lucky i'm not the commish, because LG would never see them again....

So to all you ~*~* alternative servers with no game, HATE!! :twisted:

(Peace to everyone else :D )

No Streaming Account
  2. Tennis Playa

Tennis Playa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree that those kind shots on a real tennis court would be lucky and rare.

But why are you calling it gay and homosexual to serve like that? You must have called it gay 5 times.

No Streaming Account
  3. Tennis Playa

Tennis Playa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And really, truth be told, the same thing could be said for people that constantly slice the ball and hit perfect dropshots at the net. That is also quite unrealistic. You just won't see a tennis player slice every ball unless they were 60 years old. And you wouldn't be able to execute perfect drop volleys against line drive returns coming at you at 100mph with such a very high success rate.

No Streaming Account
  4. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Most sports games have some aspect that is not completely realistic. This is one of them in Top Spin.

Because those serves ARE part of the game, and were programmed into the game, there's no way we can limit them in a league setting. It's just too much to police and would result in alot of arguement and he-said she-said type of discussions. The negatives far outweigh the benefits of instituting such rules, so unfortunately we can't stop anyone that wants to serve every time that way and won't institute any rules banning them. Sorry.

No Streaming Account
  5. RogerFederer

RogerFederer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you know whats unrealistic about this game? the crosscourt angle shots that even YOU DO ragin. I play tennis in real life. im not super great or nothing. been playing 2 years. and ive played with pros (5.0-6.0 level) and not even they can hit those angles CONSISTANTLY. so yeah the serves are stupid but they compensate for people who hit lameass angles . So ill make you a deal. We will ban all 'cheat' forms of serves if you stop htiting ridiculous angles. oh and for that matter stop vollying too, its unrealistic.... wait there goes the game. I say just let it be. the cheater serves are beatable. I was practicing with squid and he was showing me the serves and they are easy to beat. ill do a quind pro quo with you, show me how to return unrealistic crosscourt angles and ill show you how to beat the serves. lol :> Its a game folks, no racquets to throw here :>

No Streaming Account
  6. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Enough guys, that slow serve is part of the game, and it would be impossible to ban that shot, so its staying. Whether or not its a fair shot, its in the game to stay and to use freely, though not recommended. If you can get beat by this shot only, well then thats your fault. Its possible to beat (risk shot/down the line lob/etc) so deal with it. Its only a game.

No Streaming Account
  7. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    *Throws virtual racquet at RogerFederer's head*

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Does this racquet count?

No Streaming Account
  8. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Exactly. It's a game, nothing more, nothing less. It's not a simulation of tennis, stop trying to make it something that it's never going to be.

The serves are just as unrealistic as the drop shots, angle shots and net play. Deal with it. The game is arcadish, take it or leave it.

No Streaming Account
  9. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tennis Playa: I'm calling it gay, because it takes all the fun out of the game. And gayness isn't fun...do you see the logic?

Federer: I don't know what kind of tennis you've been playing, but cross court shots are not unrealistic (especially when theres topspin on them). Do you remember a guy named Sampras...or how about Agassi? Just when you would think they are out of a point diving into a corner, they would nail a cross courter leaving the other guy at the net with his mouth hanging open. I do not see how you could possibly say the cross court shots are unrealistic. Furthermore, when was the last time you saw any pro (or when was the last time you've experienced yourself) serve a dinky ass 65mph serve over the net and charge....or saw a 70 mph serve that the receiver couldn't crush? You're logic is way off.. And volleying???? Cmon! There are sooo many pros that come straight to the net until the points over. Patrick Rafter? He would serve it (or return a serve) and head straight for the net. Volleying being unrealistic, this is definitely a new one. And you want to know how to beat cross courters? Don't set your opponent up for one....its a simple solution that takes thought. Don't criticize my game, because i make it as realistic as possible....

And guys, I never said I can't beat those serves. This isn't a desperate cry for help, as should be evident. I'm just voicing my opinion on a forum that is meant for opinions, so sit spike sit!

No Streaming Account
  10. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Those cross court shots are unrealistic....this is thing i hate most about this game...you can hit the white line EVERY SINGLE TIME if you give your character the correct skills.

No Streaming Account
  11. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And Tennis Playa, I have sliced the ball almost every poing in real tennis, because no other shots would work on the guy.....so if you were at my match, you would've seen it....

Anyway whatever, peace...

No Streaming Account
  12. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    My concern about this terrible serve is if everyone in the tournaments used it, I would hate to see a match where all game long both players try to beat each other with these serves. I prefer out thinking a playing from the baseline or attacking the net, not a 1-2-3 point every serve.

If it ever got to that point in our leaguegaming tournaments, i'd fold up and leave, because to me that isn't fun.

13. RogerFederer

RogerFederer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ragin :lol, you completely misconstrued my post. Crosscourt shots are fine but NOT the ones in this game. they hit the line EVERY SHOT (even more so they miss sometimes but arent called out). You show me a match where even the great baseliner andre agassi has hit line to line crosscourt shots with ridiculous top spin consistantly. Impossible. No one can do it that well (with pace on the ball anyway). The volleying in this game is unrealistic. Even sampras got passed a bunch. Rafter (the better volleyer between sampras and himself) got passed too. thats why he only won 2 grandslams. The serve is unrealistic, i acknowledged that. This entire game is unrealistic man. Therefore if people are going to hit ridiculous angles then why not do ridiculous serves. They are both just as unrealistic.

Willoman : Assuming that was a playful comment, then i will respond with *ouch*. If it was meant as some sort of mean spirited comment, then take the racquet and fornicate yourself with it :>

No Streaming Account
  14. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    all playful from me bud. Didnt mean to make you angry. Take a deap breath and try not to take everything personal.

No Streaming Account
  15. CrazyCougar

CrazyCougar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Many I used varying serve speeds throughout the last tourney, not even knowing I was abusing something. But I think I got one ace and thats only cause he went the wrong ..... LOL. I didnt know this was an intentional way of gaining a point, none of my opponents tried it as far as I know. Or at least not intentional over and over.

So does this mean you can;t change up speeds now, without someone accusing you of trying to cheat???? Because that is part of my game to keep my opponent on his toes. And if its taken away, then that takes away my fun I have in the game. =(

No Streaming Account
  16. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i never used the word "cheat" once.......just for the record

No Streaming Account
  17. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive said all i have to about the things we touched on......no point in firing back and forth because it will never end....however, let me just close by saying that when i do come to the net on occasion...i do indeed get passed quite a bit...peace

No Streaming Account
  18. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My .02 is this: When people are using the same serve over and over, yes it's stupid, but if you can't figure out how to beat when they are doing it over and over then your not that good of a player. I use every type of serve the game has to offer, and I will continue to. Do I do spoon serve's every time? NO Do I do Low Power serves every time? NO Do I do Risk Shot Serve's everytime? NO

You take your opponant and as the course of the match goes on you evaluate what they are doing well against you and what they aren't doing so well. Take Roger Federer for Instance, I just played him and he won 6-3 6-4. He is so good against the serve that I had to find a way to get points on my serve. There is one serve in particular a Slow top spin shot up the middle he was most vulnerable to. So during the 2nd set, I did use it more often, but I didn't stop doing risk shot serves, and I didn't stop switching the position of the serve's (Inside out).

In the end anything you can't beat you are going to say is cheating, when in truth you just weren't able to find the way to beat it.

No Streaming Account
  19. KineticZ

KineticZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok again here im gonna say it..ITS JUST A GAME! what one person can do, another should be able to do also ... if u really wanna win that bad, do whatever they do that annoys you so bad....everything in this game is unrealistic JEEZ!
    first of all nobody serves 140mph every time and in and on their second serve..TWO nobody hits that kind of whicket topspin.. THREE nobody can run like some of thse ppl can... FOUR nobody can cover the net like these ppl FIVE nobody can serve like thse ppl Get the point?
    play the game! its a game, not life

No Streaming Account
  20. KineticZ

KineticZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh, btw, its kinda funny how everyone is getting all worked up over this game...so much hostility and anger ...

No Streaming Account