Very Happy With 2K10

Discussion in '2K NHL Hockey' started by PrimeReaper955, Sep 8, 2009.

1. PrimeReaper955

PrimeReaper955 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Everyone, I'm very happy with the new features, gameplay and upgrades in NHL 2K10.

New Defensive Plays

Better Graphics

New Superstar, Scoring Moves.

Overall Improved Gameplay

New Goalie Physics

New Online Features, Create a Team, League and everything.

So, I'm very happy with these new features and upgrades in 2K Sports.
    2K will keep improving over the years, I am excited to play the new games coming out by the 2K series.
    They really upgraded all around, everything.
    So I'm excited and going to do a review when I get 2K10.

No Streaming Account
  2. PrimeReaper955

PrimeReaper955 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Only 4 days left for 2K10! Get ready!!

No Streaming Account
  3. whatsUPitsFARVA

whatsUPitsFARVA Katy Perry. NEW HOTNESS!

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking about getting this game with my money I get back from dirt 2. After receiving my GI in the mail and looking at the short review and then seeing they gave it a 5.5 out of 10. I will now pass this year. I guess I get why there was no demo now.

No Streaming Account
  4. x S m ii R k Y

x S m ii R k Y Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 2 / -6
    yeah.......... Better luck next year 2K

No Streaming Account
  5. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    That review is a complete joke....

6. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I usually find their reviews to be in line with IGN and Gamespot. Like with Dirt 2

IGN 8.4
    GI 8.5
    GS 9.0

It just so happened that Matt reviewed both games and I agree with even more of his reviews. I just dont see it being 5.5 in GI and then a 9 or high 8 on IGN or gamespot when all these peoples reviews usually group in a +.5 or -.5 range.

No Streaming Account
  7. cup4blues

cup4blues cup4blues#5216

Discord:
    cup4blues#5216
    Ratings:
    +101 / 10 / -6
    It can't be nearly as bad as the horse**** that was the 360 version of 2k6.

cup4bluesNHL
  8. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did you read the GI review? The guy complains because you have skate backwards manually and something about NHL players skating full tilt all the time. That reviewer is terrible and a moron. He needs a new career.

No Streaming Account
  9. Hail2Hockey

Hail2Hockey #1 DUCKS FAN

Discord:
    hail2hockey#0
    Ratings:
    +132 / 9 / -5
    Nah honetsy nhl 2k10 is amazing no bs...i like it alot..almost as much as nhl 2010..if so add me on xbl hail2hockey thanks

hail2hockey
  10. Bartlett89

Bartlett89 LG Veteran

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One thing I couldn't stand about the 2k game was the skating, it just doesn't look right.

No Streaming Account
  11. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1025134p1.html

Bad review also?

No Streaming Account
  12. kiddstyle

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't agree one bit with this sentence: Real hockey players go all out for the few minutes that they're on the ice yet the ones you'll see in NHL 2K10 move at a snail's pace unless you mash on the right trigger. This guy is a tool as well. All out for a few minutes on the ice? Just because someone writes a story on the internet doesn't mean they know anything about hockey.

Is 2K10 a great game? No. I would give it a 7 at best. The first article you posted was the worst review I've ever read, hands down. This guy from IGN has more to his review and makes some valid points about the game.

IGN gave 2K9 a higher score than 2K10. Is 2K9 better? Hell no. It was probably the worst 2K hockey game ever. The AI in 2K10 is great. Other than that....... I don't know, maybe I will write something up if I have some time to waste. So far, there are more negatives than positives, especially online.

Positives
    • Graphics are improved
    • AI is better
    • Arenas are nice
    Negatives

Animations
    Players get stuck in them too long. This is similar to the NBA series.

Controls
    Shooting is not responsive enough. There were a few times when I tried to take a slapshot and it would do a fake shot, then a wrist shot.

Defensive controls
    They are improved, but not as good as anything since 2K5. You can move the stick side to side while skating backwards, but you stop skating. You have to let go of the right stick to start skating again.

Offensive controls
    Same gripe as defensive controls. Just terrible.
    Ice diving This should be contextual.

Player Models
    The goalies went from super large to super small.

I've only played 4 games. The offline games were good, online was bad. I was handcuffed by the controls.

No Streaming Account
  13. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I will be the first one to admit that some of the only positives 2k has going for it is what EA is terrible at.

The arenas do look gorgeous. I can't even explain how good they are. Whoever had the task of making those is great at their job.

And they do tend to have better AI but it is not a must for me since I spend most my time online with full human teams.

With that being said, the three positives are pretty graphics, "better" AI, and beautiful arenas. -just a note, I put "better" in quotations not to be an ******* or make it seem like I didn't believe you but because I don't know if it means better than last years, better than EA's AI.

It's just that I think the game sounds like its worth the 5.5. You listed three positive things that were. . . Not terribly important. Good AI is definitely needed but when you only say its better and not GREAT or fantastic, it leads me to believe there are still problems.

I know Tris must work hard as hell on what he does and it shows. When we had a little 2k9 league last year it was fun. But I think the thing that made it so fun was being able to upload videos to the online 2k website and see all the stats that everyone had. All the tools that the website had. It was just awesome. But, the game just isn't competing gameplay wise anymore. I think what happened was that 2k was the king for all the SIM hockey players and then they were content. Then EA comes out of nowhere with the skill stick and that just blew people away. Then in 2008 EA made the skill stick much improved with a needed change to more SIM gameplay. 2009 EA was still pushing forward to be innovative. They came up with BAP and it was a genius idea really. The whole time they were making this push forward, gameplay got better with every year. 2k has been going backwards gameplay wise. Buuut, you will also notice that EA did not take as big of a leap forward this year. They made BAGM. woooooo. They might be getting to that time where they are being content. If you ask me, 2k11 is the perfect time for 2ksports to come up with their genius idea and pull all of the ex 2k fanboys back(including myself).

No Streaming Account
  14. kiddstyle

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Better than last years, better than EA's. I could go on and on about the AI in EA's game and 2K9. Both were not great. EA's was OK, but I found that your teammate AI would stick to a zone and sometimes retreat away from the puck carrier, but again, this was 09. The reason I say better, is that I haven't played it enough to determine if it is great.

I honestly don't think 2k has the resources for hockey to step the game up where I want it to be. Maybe I'm wrong, hopefully I am. Now that graphics are improved, and AI is improved, they can focus on user control. This is my number one gripe about this game.

I'm tough on games, especially sports franchises. I don't get all crazy when the latest game comes out just because it came out. I expect these developers to deliver high quality content every year. It's not like they are coming up with ideas like EASHL and BAP on their own. I'm sure it was posted somewhere by some fan at a site like this.

What does bother me is when fans want something, and they don't deliver it because of their own selfish reasons.

Anyways, I will give you a better review on this game once the roster update is released and I start playing more offline.

No Streaming Account
  15. DrugMonkeyRX

DrugMonkeyRX Grind Line

Ratings:
    +244 / 6 / -10
    Kidd, from reading what you just wrote it sounds like a 6 not a 7..lol
    3 positives and a boat load of negatives.

Bottom line, 2k will always be in EA's Rear view mirror when it comes to hockey games. It is what it is, they probably dont have the budget that EA has for hockey. It comes down to dollars invested and 2k just doesnt have the cash to compete right now.

Drugmonkeyrx
  16. kiddstyle

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I need to play it more to give it a fair shot.

No Streaming Account
  17. xCHAMPx75

xCHAMPx75 xCHAMPx75

Ratings:
    +36 / 3 / -4
    nhl 2k10

The game is decent. I'm not use to the controls, i like nhl2010 better of course, but the game i wouldn't say sucks. this is after playing one game, it's fast, good presentation. one thing i like about the 2k hockey games is when you hit someone or stick check or even score your controller rumbles alot and strong, unlike the ea series it's not as good. 2k sport games are cool with the rumbling features. ea has to learn from them. like in a penalty shot your heart should be pumping, so controller should be pulsating. 5.5 is a low score for this game. I would give this at least an 8 and ea nhl a 9. any hockey fan should enjoy this game.

No Streaming Account
  18. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  19. x S m ii R k Y

x S m ii R k Y Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 2 / -6
    Give 2K and 8?? Really?? Try a 6.5 or 7... I'm starting to wonder which is worse - 2K Baseball, or 2K hockey...

EA killed it this year with NHL10, The main problem with the game, is the lagg during primetime hours.. And that's only because it a new game with new serevers.. Give EA a week, and they'll have a patch to fix that too...

EA's NHL 10 - 9.2

2K's 2K10 - 7

No Streaming Account
  20. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    You mean NHL 08.2?

BTW have you even played 2k10? No? Then SHUT IT