Very Happy With 2K10

Discussion in '2K NHL Hockey' started by PrimeReaper955, Sep 8, 2009.

1. cup4blues

cup4blues cup4blues#5216

Discord:
    cup4blues#5216
    Ratings:
    +101 / 10 / -6
    Actually NHL 09 was NHL 08 v2.0 and v2.1 with the patch. NHL 10 is NHL 08 v3.0

cup4bluesNHL
  2. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How do you know any of this without even playing both games? It is one thing to have an opinion when based off of knowledge, but to make an opinion based of off ignorance? And you probably want to be taken seriously as well I bet. lmao

3. whatsUPitsFARVA

whatsUPitsFARVA Katy Perry. NEW HOTNESS!

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
    No Streaming Account
  4. x S m ii R k Y

x S m ii R k Y Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 2 / -6
    Alright forum buzzers, I've played the game AT LENGTH several times at my buddies house (before his 360 broke) and the decision wasnt hard...

I understand you guys REALLY want 2K to be better than EA.. But this year it didnt happen.. Maybe a step forward from last years disaster, but still not close enough..

I honestly could not care LESS about who's making the game, (so save the EA fanboy comment) I just want A GOOD GAME. NHL10 is ages ahead in Online play, smoother player movement, better controls (unless you like hitting button combos for creative dekes, having to stand still as you poke check etc.), better visuals( unless you like hunchback box goalies that hover in and out of the net) and quite honestly they(EA) have their sh*t together... for the most part...

I used to play 2K hockey as well, then NHL07 came out... That was the end of that..

The skill stick was the beginning, and since then EA has built from the ground up... Each year the game gets increasinly better.

So remember guys, I didnt insult your religion by stating EA makes a better game, I simply stated a "fact" as the majority of hockey gamers/PEOPLE WHO BUY THE GAMES would tell you.

No hard feelings "fellas"...

No Streaming Account
  5. OzzyNF

OzzyNF Cone extrodinaire

Ratings:
    +378 / 114 / -53
    2k struggles every year with budget restraints and dealing with the hardcore ea guys who refused to switch a few years back when 2k kick ea's ass yearly and the reviews supported such for the most part. I just returned to ea last season with nhl 09 and felt 2k9 was not up to standard. 2k10 however, i feel is a step in the right direction. the join a franchise game online was a great idea. I am indeed gonna pick this game up in the near future.
    Those "ea to the bone" guys should give it a chance and realize that they make a competitive game with half a budget. I commend them because they keep ea on their toes and make sure no one takes a day off or gets complacent. we get a good game every year from both of them for the most part. I believe each game is a unique experience and have pros and cons from the other. Keep the competition between the two going because we need it to ensure great hockey games coming for years to come.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
    ozzynf
  6. Heater41

Heater41 London Knights Owner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was a 2K fan boy right up and through 2K8. 2K8 might have been my favorite hockey game ever. 2K lost me last year, and I was even at the NY City NHL store for the pre-release party with Rick Nash. I am hoping that 2K10 has reverted back to the likes of 2K8 because I am still not an EA hockey fan. I've been out of work for 4 months and was lucky to barter to get EA NHL free this year. Once I get back to work and can pick up a copy of NHL 2K10 I'm hoping it will be like some have said, a better version of 2K8.

No Streaming Account
  7. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    2k10 is not like 2k8. 2k8 was the best 2k hockey ever!

No Streaming Account
  8. x S m ii R k Y

x S m ii R k Y Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 2 / -6
    2K8 I thought was the best in atleast the last couple years for 2K, and was the closest 2K had come to being better than EA... I still liked EA's version more, but 2K8 (that year) was atleast playable for me..

No Streaming Account
  9. Heater41

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Found a NEW copy of 2k10 on ebay and won the auction for $30.19, shipping included! Can't wait to get my hands on the game and put it through the wringer!

No Streaming Account
  10. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Hit me up if you want some exb games

11. Heater41

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    definitely will do

No Streaming Account
  12. cup4blues

cup4blues cup4blues#5216

Discord:
    cup4blues#5216
    Ratings:
    +101 / 10 / -6
    I miss the $20 release promotions, NHL 2k5 ftw!

cup4bluesNHL
  13. x x m o s s 81

x x m o s s 81 London Knights Owner/GM

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    played nhl2k10 tntie and that **** is goood

No Streaming Account
  14. DaSteelerz

DaSteelerz More than just cool on the internet

Discord:
    dasteelerz#0
    Ratings:
    +187 / 11 / -25
    The NHL series by EA has always been the best IMO and I've been playing since '93. I was disappointed by NHL 05 though. EA just goes that extra mile with hockey and they try real hard to make a pretty authentic game. Not saying 2K Sports doesn't, but EA also started from the ground up and I've seen it unfold.

No Streaming Account
  15. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    from 2k for the dreamcast to 2k6 for the original xbox, 2k sports dominated in my opinion. Well that's the opinion of a lot of hockey fans. 2k was what sim hockey was all about. I also think that's exactly why 2k is in the position that they are in now. 2k had a dominate hockey game for 6 years and they never took that next huge step because they were top dog and they didn't have to. On the other end you have EA that had damn near terrible games and really lost nothing when they took the chance with the skill stick. Like I've said before, 2k needs their ground breaking idea like the skill stick and like BAP for EA and things could definitely switch.

No Streaming Account
  16. DaSteelerz

DaSteelerz More than just cool on the internet

Discord:
    dasteelerz#0
    Ratings:
    +187 / 11 / -25
    They better start with new player models... yuck. They look like they're wearing spandex suits, that's just the beginning. lmao

No Streaming Account
  17. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The player models are pretty good, except the goalies, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. I'm not sure what kind of spandex you wear but around here the people who wear them, well, they are skin tight.

I have been playing EA's game since 93 and thought they had some bad years after 95. Some years the game was OK, and other years it stunk, at least on the gaming system I had. I liked 02 and 06 on the XBOX but didn't really like anything in between those years. I think EA's game really took over the lead with 08, even though I thought 2K8 was the best 2K hockey game ever made. 07 wasn't really rated that high. I couldn't stand the frame rate in 07.

2K needs to fix the controls and the goalies and the game will be fine fine from a game play perspective. They do need a big idea to get back in the game.2K4 was my first 2K hockey because of the historic teams and Flying Finn's editor. I did go back and get 2K3 for something like $10 bucks and it was a blast, but the goalies were crazy hard.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
    No Streaming Account
  18. PrimeReaper955

PrimeReaper955 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like them each the same honestly, 2K and EA should stop fighting they're just games and meant to be played.
    No arguing which ones better.
    Give 2K a break, they've only been there for 10 years, and EA has been there for 17.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
    No Streaming Account
  19. whatsUPitsFARVA

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You cant say "hey give them a break, they haven't been making them as long" when 2k was making the better hockey game 3 years ago. And they did it for a number of years.

No Streaming Account
  20. cup4blues

cup4blues cup4blues#5216

Discord:
    cup4blues#5216
    Ratings:
    +101 / 10 / -6
    cup4bluesNHL