wanna get this off my chest

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by FiGS42, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    I tried enforcing a hard payment deadline for the first Pro Series, it didnt work, you keep proposing it as a "fix" to something that isnt broken. How hard is it to post a list of 10 names on time?

2. x SMP 7 x

x SMP 7 x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 4 / -2
    Don't you dare mention our names in that context again you sum bitch.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  3. BigJay x89

BigJay x89 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bigjayy#0
    Ratings:
    +1,865 / 93 / -94
    id understand if this was the first time but ive had to replace a player and pay the difference 2 tournamenets. That player played 1 game combined both tourneys. Its nothing new, and it seems its always the same team having an issue with rules.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  4. Flinnur

Flinnur Warning Group

Discord:
    Flinnur#7561
    Ratings:
    +245 / 29 / -38
    i see.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    flinnur
  5. ReplayChr1s

ReplayChr1s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +784 / 12 / -37
    The way i see it is nuge is trying to make this tourny into a BIG thing. A premier event and ground breaking for the nhl series (playing club for money). Not just for all of us here in lg that knows every single player on everyone's roster. With 15 not being on the one the game lost alot of players and competitiveness. This has been somewhat of a stop gap to play competitive games and get people active until 16 comes out. Once again this is my opinion, but what we have done this past 4 seasons is helping this tournament gain validity in the eyes of everyone who plays the nhl franchise. Every prospective player or team who thinks they have what it takes to play against the best teams in the game with some money on the line at the end of it.

This was never meant to be something just us LG folks played in to be competitive or win money. Nuge had a vision of giving the nhl community as a whole something to play for in 6s, just how EA did in 09 with the trip to Vancouver. I think some people might not know the vision or may have lost touch on what nuge is trying to accomplish with this tournament. Im not trying to insult people when i say some are thinking too small about this tournament where it might not be a big deal to change a rule now when its only us. But the big picture is we need to create a fun, fair, and consistent tournament that gains validity in the community for nuge to attain his goal of bringing in brand new players and further this tournament to where he envisions it to be.

If you think about it that way, in the grand scheme of what he is trying to do, he doesnt care that you can't get your roster correct by the deadline. Losing out on your teams 100 dollars really doesnt matter. I can tell you that no one on never unlucky cares about the money we win. Its about furthering this tournament to where we think it should be.

This is nuge's tournament and vision, to which he has appointed others to help him be impartial in decisions and guide the tournament in the right direction. If you do not want to participate in it because of some decisions that were made then don't. With that said, there are things that can make this tournament better and good ideas people have to contribute. I think nuge does a good job of bringing these ideas up with the bogs or whatever they are called to discuss them.

Keep in mind these are my own personal opinions that i formed from talking with nuge over the months, none of which have been recent. Maybe nuge can chime in and correct me on anything i have wrong, because im sure theres a couple things that are incorrect or i put more bluntly then he would have said.

• Like Like x 9
    No Streaming Account
  6. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    This is entirely accurate, the original plan for 15 was to take it to next-gen and expand (until we found out that 15 wasnt what we thought it would be). It sucks, but it gives us a whole year to re-think, come up with ideas, and make sure we can handle running a tournament on a larger scale. If there were more teams I wouldnt even respond to the 9th PM from Figs telling me how stupid I am, I'd just ignore it and he wouldnt get access to play games until all the money was in. Eventually this system/league/tournament needs to be able to be run without me holding peoples hands through every small detail, and that starts with forcing people to follow these "stupid" rules now that will be hugely important if this grows to what I feel it can be.

7. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    I don't care and the guys that left my team said they'll pay the $10 extra bucks but you said it's not a broken rule when it happened to 4 teams total so it is a slight hindrance. On top of that we don't have control over players leaving, yes we have to give them permission, but we're not gonna tell them no. If someone wants to play with someone else that's fine no big deal. The only real issue here is we were not tagged or PM'd and if someone didn't happen to check the Pro Series Forums then we wouldn't have known. Anyways, again it's $10 I don't care and the guys who left said they'd pay but I can see why people are upset and don't really see what the big deal is if it happened to quite a few teams without a notification that's all.

• Like Like x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  8. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    Counter-Point:

If you hadnt checked the Pro Series forum you would have believed the tournament was slated to start on Sunday May 31st. You would have checked the Pro Series Forum and seen a thread stickied and titled "Season 5 Postponed/Rosters Extended". Even if you hadnt seen that you dont think it was a bit strange no one played a Pro Series game the entire first week?

I just dont believe anybody is stupid enough to think nothing had changed, and in order to view the changes they would click on the Pro Series forum.

Also its not a flaw in the system that Figs didnt remember to edit his roster. Its not a flaw in the system that Bass switched teams at the last second and Boz didnt edit it in time. I have no earthly idea what happened with Haxby's team but thats not a flaw in the system either. Yours was the most unfortunate as 2 players wanted to leave and you granted them permission with 2 hours left, but I dont buy that you didnt know the deadlines or that if I tagged people in that thread that anything would have changed.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dashiki B

Dashiki B Da Bomb Brothers

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 137 / -228
    I'm not ranting over the team I'm on changing their minds about playing after I paid $10. Do I wanna play? Of course, but is losing out on 10$ a big deal? No. If you're paying 100$ is another 10$ really gonna break your bank? If so let everyone pay 10$. Also @NugeTV, if anyone ended up needing a replacement would I be available for that since no one else from my team bought in and I'm not any type of management for it? If not no big deal.

10. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    In theory your team is still eligible to play assuming they buy-in, once I get confirmation that they're 100% out, delete the roster, etc. you would be eligible to be a replacement and that team would not be able to buy-in. (Although the individuals could be replacements)

• Like Like x 1
  11. BigJay x89

Discord:
    bigjayy#0
    Ratings:
    +1,865 / 93 / -94
    Why are they not playing?

No Streaming Account
  12. Dashiki B

Dashiki B Da Bomb Brothers

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 137 / -228
    Servers I believe.

13. BigJay x89

Discord:
    bigjayy#0
    Ratings:
    +1,865 / 93 / -94
    Ive only played 1 night this week but havent they been fine ish for the past 3-4 nights?

No Streaming Account
  14. FRANK LD 69

FRANK LD 69 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trouba_train#0
    Ratings:
    +3,138 / 76 / -140
    Although I've had a bit to drink, and I'm borderline at the point where I typically pass out. An idea to prevent this In the future that would require Tris and Brodie's services. If someone commits to a team and the team's submitted(provided proper @ all the people should conform their team they've been tagged on) then they decide to jump ship to another team, they should face some sort of suspension from the site as a means to avoid this from happening again in the future perhaps. Just an idea that I'm sure if sober I'd be able to elaborate more on. Maybe sometime tomorrow night we can chat Nuge?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    gethesehands69
  15. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -193
    Posting a roster and backing out shouldnt be punishable, at least in my opinion. If the team actually existed Hayes (or anyone from the team) wouldnt be able to jump ship, theres no ship to jump from in this situation

• Like Like x 1
  16. FRANK LD 69

FRANK LD 69 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trouba_train#0
    Ratings:
    +3,138 / 76 / -140
    Welp, I tried. Can our actual 10 just pay $11 to afford the replacement fee because like I said Matty and I are responsible for bailing Panda out of Lg jail as it is. And figs is buying that fucktard in.

gethesehands69
  17. BigJay x89

Discord:
    bigjayy#0
    Ratings:
    +1,865 / 93 / -94
    Id pay pandas 35 just to see him banned . hummmmmm

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  18. Steve Stefani

Steve Stefani '95 TIL INFINITY

Ratings:
    +409 / 9 / -14
    I guess some of you are bigger nerds than I ever imagined...

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  19. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    [​IMG]

tino45
  20. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    We knew it changed because no one played, the roster due thread you posted was a less than 24 hour post thats all. Again, i granted my guys permission bc i don't care if they play with someone else. I tried to find two people but i honestly didn't even realize rosters were due till after and i hadn't found 2 replacements only one. I knew of all the other deadlines but like i said i just didn't check the pro series forum that day, if they wouldnt have messaged me and just left i would of had no idea there was a roster deadline that you posted at 3:57pm and said the rosters were due at 11:59pm. Again, its not that big a deal its $10 but as FIGS stated we didn't know and i think all 4 of the teams had a full 10 people rosters in before the deadline was pushed back. It just comes down to them not being notified and not checking the thread. Its not your fault its not theirs, but this is a situation where you could be understanding for them and for the tournament.

I know some people are dicks and try and give you shit when you change deadlines or push stuff back, but this is a case where i don't think too many people would be mad, but if not we will not threatened to back out well just pay the extra $10, but its clear people are upset and they seem to have some valid arguments and instead of turning it into a big argument where you guys blame each other and we lose out on teams why not just waive it for all 4 teams to make it fair. (hope I'm not offending you like i said i really don't care about the extra $10, but it would be unfortunate to lose some teams and its easy to see why some teams are upset)

SweeT9LoU84