Way too Early Top 3 Projections

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Pxnarin, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Mlvzz

Mlvzz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pxnarin.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,070 / 9 / -35
    With Season 15 right around the corner, I decided to make a first glance Top 3 projection in no particular order for each division of the NHL. My decisions were based off of nothing besides face value and the projections of the teams and should not be taken as a criticism to anyone left off the list and I hope to get proven wrong. Let’s get cookin.

Pacific Division

Los Angeles Kings :team76:: Owner @Goostaav GM @Boughss AGM @Miikeyx09
    After finishing second in the Pacific last season 2 points behind the west line driven Kraken, Goostav brings back the boogeyman as GM and continues to hold Miikey hostage within his organizations (Mikey if you need help just say so). Among their other returning players is self proclaimed Norris trophy snub @TiDanKilleR6226 who you must expect to play with a chip on his shoulder to secure that bag as best defenseman this season. During bidding, the Kings went after one of the best defenseman in bidding @Grumpee 18 and 20 win @Hypnoticxxlegend to bolster their blue line. Goostav has a track record of success in this league and this upcoming season should be no different.

Edmonton Oilers :team11:: Owner @x_Pepsi8_x GM @eastons- AGM @xSah-17

Last seasons Rangers management team looks to continue their success from the Metropolitan to the Pacific. They bring back some of the core group that made them contenders with Norris winner @Bxrber- , @ItsRaGo and @Elevate-SZN as well as getting even stronger through the draft with picks of @XxbernfirexX1 , @xStoss , @BoKnows____ , @Roysay and @Joffman76 hoping to crack their roster this season. During bidding the Oilers went out and grabbed big fish @NielerR and @LEGAL x 76 as their big spends on forward and defense. Currently sitting with $7 million in cap space with 4 roster spots to fill with DPs, the Oilers look like a force to be reckoned with in the Pacific after dwelling in the basement last season.

Seattle Kraken :team421:: Owner @bonwl GM @Jensen315 AGM TBD

The team whose west line made some 9/9 avail turn into 8/9 is back with Jensen as GM, first I want to say that anyone who believes Jensen will struggle on East is out of their minds and while I don’t expect another record breaking season, I do believe he should reach another 20 win season. With not many returning players Bon had some work to do in bidding to fill out his roster and the first thing he did was spend 46% of his cap on @KushNastyy . As the price for kush increased incrementally, everyone wondered who could be this crazy, Bon is that crazy. Kush can carry not only a line but a whole organization and the work of Bon to be able to fit his contract with a whole roster and still be under cap shows why he is a Jack Adams winner. With a lot of cheap value DPs who can look to make an impact on the NHL level, the Kraken look to have yet another successful season.

Central Division

When I had the idea of writing this, I contacted LG stat head MT98 and the first thing he said to me was “Good luck ranking the central”. With no clear cut #1 and skill top down in the whole division, this was definitely tougher than I expected.

Dallas Stars :team9:: Owner @ItsWillee GM @SirGab- AGM @I MT98 I

The Season 13 Philly tandem get back together in Dallas to bring the Stars back to contention. With no draft picks (thanks MikeyD), the Stars had to build through bidding, yikes. With the state of bidding this season (they were so desperate they bid on me), its surprising they were able to put together the team they have within the cap. Their big spend was MT98 to center their second line for $9.5 million as well as grabbing two great left defenseman in @Stiflxr- and @iHawel as long as Hawel can avoid losing connection every game. They also went out and got Stanley cup winning tandem Killuh and Stater. This team has the roster to compete if they can click.

Minnesota Wild :team30:: Owner @BLong67- GM @MikeyD I7I AGM @Cheesuur

Last seasons Capitals took the same route as the Rangers and got out of the congested Metropolitan. Coming in 4th last season in the division where the difference between the wildcard and second was 4 points, the Wild are looking to dominate in the Central. With a lot of skaters returning, the Wild went out and spent big on what I am expecting to be their 1C and 1LW in @zCluutchh__ and @oshlag . With 2 DPs going to be called up to finish off this roster, the Wild have a very balanced roster and are competitive on all 3 lines. Not many weaknesses here as long as the locker room stays free of toxicity.

Colorado Avalanche :team8:: Owner @Diamond l 4 l GM @F0G 19 AGM TBD

Last seasons cup champions look to pick up exactly where they left off. With only 4 returning players from last seasons cup winners and no Class Act, the Avs had some work to do. This will be the first season in a while that we won’t see Diamond and Tarasenko paired up on the same line (so far). Instead, Diamond took the cap and spent it on one of the best centers available in bidding, @DDW-_- and stole @Gourr- from Enb for the top pairing (bromance over romance). The Avs got one of the steals in bidding with goalie @Bluue-71 going for 500k after winning a cup the last time he was in net with the Canadiens S12. A lot of this teams success this season will depend on their cheap contracts on the 3rd line being able to get things done. As long as yeap is able to keep doing this, they will be fine.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CleanBoldMangoTTours

Atlantic Division

Ottawa Senators :team20:: Owner @EPICxSKILLZY GM @Goofy_indian AGM @BKerslake8
    The last time Jim paired up with Goofy, they both had great seasons in Minnesota. This season they’re getting the gang back together as well as already having Desjy and Bkerslake on the roster. With a lot of cap already invested in players on the roster and no draft picks, the Senators had to look to get cheap value through bidding. The weakest part of this team is definitely the 3rd line, will they be able to steal some wins and help ease this team into playoffs?

Tampa Bay Lightning :team21:: Owner @LaFleuR11 GM @GoalieGodz AGM @cmike17

After being on the cusp of history in S13, last season can only be seen as a let down for Lafleur after losing to the goalie who was blamed for losing them the cup in the first round of playoffs (karmas a bitch). The past is the past for this team and this season they look to reach the promised land again and get their hands on the cup. Some players return from last seasons team thirsting for their chance as well as some notable additions through bidding like @Tcx7 and hopefully the correct filip_zadina this time looking to get them over the hump.

Toronto Maple Leafs :team1:: Owner @PieR Talent GM @Akonvict21 AGM @GoochLicker_23

With Bo-Dangles looking to find his calling at center this season, Pier brought Akon on board after a disappointing season in the desert. During bidding the Maple Leafs brought on @Theos-_- as their big fish which reunites the Boston Bruins line from S13 when Akon won both the Selke and Hart trophies. The Presidents trophy winners look to continue their domination with additions on the blue line of Xbox Norris nominee @KSKrish and one of the best goalies in the league @natesous10 who will without a doubt be in Vezina talks once again.

Metropolitan Division

Columbus Blue Jackets :team6:: Owner @cmess- GM @T-Hughesy-

Similar to the real NHL, the Metropolitan always contains heavy competition where an undeserving team will be forced to miss playoffs. After finishing second in the division last season behind the next team on this list, the Blue Jackets are ready to play. In the offseason, they acquired @Mugfart from the Lightning which brought previous chemistry from a 20 win Edmonton Oilers line from S13 as well as hustling people in 3s tournaments with defenseman @ECHXMPO who they acquired in bidding. Columbus grabbed some good players in the draft to break their NHL roster and anything short of a top 3 finish in their division will be a disappointment.

Carolina Hurricanes :team74:: Owner @JClaus33 GM @CaLL Me Jakoo AGM @HypaD-

After reaching the cup last season and falling short, the Hurricanes come back with 10 players from that run with hopes of replicating the journey and revising the end. Among the new recruits is offensive defenseman @BA_Sports_Fan acquired through a trade involving @Professor_Merana and @Check_Czech_it who was a dominant AHL defenseman who will hopefully be able to adjust to the NHL level at a great 3s 500k contract if it pans out. As per every season, Jclaus has a pipeline of prospects in the ahl who could be difference makers for this team if needed. Time will tell if this juggernaut of the Met will be able to get the job done.

Philadelphia Flyers :team4:: Owner @Ducksfanwaterloo GM @White_Knucklerz

After being blessed with the second overall selection in the draft, the Flyers proved everyone right and took @BoilyHP with their only draft pick. Boily is ready to make an impact at the NHL level after posting an 8-2-1 record with 48 points (117 points projected over 27 games) as an ECU last season for a Winnipeg team who failed to make playoffs. Outside of Boily, DucksFan brought WK on as his GM and then traded for Professor to bring back together the management team from the S13 Seattle Thunderbirds. I believe that this Philly team has one of the best D cores in the NHL which will ensure the team competes for top spot in the Met.

Good luck to all this upcoming season.

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Funny Funny x 1
    pxnarin_
  2. KSKrish

KSKrish Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 2 / -5
    Excuse me sir, I wasn't even nominated for the norris on xbox, that honor belongs to @goalieman92 who also won the norris.
    05997c65d4e0e49927710ed136c29f24[1].png

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. natesous10

natesous10 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    natesous10#0
    Ratings:
    +197 / 1 / -10
    Thanks for the kind words man!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account