Week 2 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by xMecciah, Oct 29, 2021.

?

Who is more dissapointing?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2021.
  1. Heat

84.6%
  2. Supersonics

15.4%
  1. xMecciah

xMecciah Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xmecciah#0
    Ratings:
    +187 / 11 / -21
    Week 2 Power Rankings

Week 2 definitely had some surprises and the table is shaping up a little differently than expected. Some highlights this week being a STELLAR week from the supersonics, various burner accounts on twitter running rampant, and some drama with players not showing up for their teams. All in all, an eventful week to say the least, and one that not many predicted.

1. Magic (5th last week) – although they are tied atop the standings with the sixers, I’m giving the edge to the magic as the 1 seed this week. Although they lost to Philli in week 1, they beat them this week. The magic had an outstanding week going 6-0, and made the biggest improvements compared to last week. STG played his roll, and the VE sisters Mikey and Viz did their thing to secure some big wins over the sixers and the heat (who are ass).

2. 76ers (2nd last week) – I’m almost hesitant to put the sixers this high, but they are sharing the top seed this week after going 4-2. They beat the Suns, but aside from that weren’t necessarily playing like a top seed. They edged out a win against the heat make-a-wish line and dropped a game to half of the Grizzlies. With that being said, they do have the best defence on offence stat wise, so they must be doing something right. They would honestly be lower due to the fact they didn’t improve this week, but not many teams did so I can’t move them up or down.

3. Suns (1st last week) – the suns had a shaky start to the week with the uncertainty of 1st line PG Kobi’s availability going forward (everyone is glad you decided to get back on the game btw!). I think this “drama” took it’s toll on the suns having a disappointing week overall. Ando didn’t look like himself (rim running kind of dead) and they just didn’t seem to click. I expect them to turn things around next week if Kobi is back, and possibly reach the top of the power rankings again.

4. Spurs (6th last week) – around this spot it’s going to be close between many of the teams. I think the spurs showed the most improvement of the teams in this range, bringing them up to 8-4 on the season. The main concern with this team is how far can Dicksohay carry them? It looks like Rick is back in the swing of things, and this could be a scary sight, but the second line just doesn’t have an “it factor”.

5. Jazz (3rd last week) – the jazz and their EU pg excited teams week 1, but they didn’t look threatening at all this week in all honesty. With one of the better locks in the league, you’d think that they would have a great defence, but they let up over 70 points in 2 of the 3 games this week with Comeup on the court. This is by no means a shot at comeup, he was the only one who got a turnover for the team against the spurs with 3 steals (3 steals as a team and 0 blocks), but as a top lock, allowing over 30 points and 10 assists by the opposing pg’s in their two losses is something that likely wont lead to wins (and likely wont happen too many more times). I think the Jazz are a top 3-4 team, but they looked average at best this week.

6. Grizzlies (7th last week) – despite the reported locker room issues by Woj, the grizz didn’t have the worst of weeks. Kenan stepped up big time with shahbazz taking off Wednesday in a dub against the sixers. With snype not showing up for games as well, they still find themselves hovering around .500. Now if this becomes a common theme with shahbazz and snype, maybe some moves happen? Or maybe they find themselves trending towards the bottom of the table.

7. Lakers (4th last week) – this team feels very similar to the spurs to me, except the spurs took a jump forward this week and the lakers took a step back. I have them below Memphis due to the fact that star centre Denham is off to Sandals, Jamaica, with his wife Jan on a nice vacation so I’m hearing, so he may be gone for a couple of weeks. The team will miss his impact on the court big time, even though muscle head Donnie reportedly had a 21 rebound game (reported by Donnie). If they can get through this rough patch ahead, they could very well be a top team as well with that duo of Witt and Denham.

8. Knicks (8th last week) – the knicks are just an average team, they are going to get some wins, and likely a few upsets, but they don’t have the firepower to do any real damage in the league. They have some good pieces, but no real great pieces. The one thing they have though is chemistry, they play together outside of LG, and that chemistry is going to get them some wins. They very well could creep up a spot or two, but I don’t think we can consider them contenders or even threats at this point.

9. Heat? (9th last week) – with some drama around Chase’s streaming – leading to suspensions of management next week, of a team who is already short point guards, the future doesn’t look bright for the Heat. Another bad week leaves them around the bottom of the table, and it doesn’t look like they’ll be going up too high next week with Rainy being out a game. I expect them to finish the season around the 6-8 range, but they have to pull it together. Also Mike is woj.

10. Supersonics (10th last week and never going up) – in attempts to not sound like a total prick, the supersonics suck, bad. Sub par bidding, no real star talent aside from ctwice, they just don’t look like they’ll be coming out of the basement any time soon. Multiple FF losses, drama in the locker room, unmovable contracts. It doesn’t look good.

• Like Like x 1
    meccboomin