Week 2 Review - Eastern Conference

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Miikeyx09, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Miikeyx09

Miikeyx09 Anyone know what to put here?

Ratings:
    +728 / 13 / -51
    Welcome back for another exciting article which focuses on how everyone's thumbs did this week. Similar to last week, I'm going to go over the top 4 teams in each conference. By doing that, I plan on taking the top 2 teams from each division rather then looking at the conferences as a whole.

Because 2 teams aren't solely enough for everyone's amusement, I'll also add the teams and records of the remaining 4 playoff teams in each conference... if the playoffs were starting today.

Thanks to @Polska_B0SS_780 , I have separated the two threads into Conferences for less scrolling. Please look through the forums to see the WESTERN CONFERENCE thread.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Metropolitan;

1. :team12: NEW YORK RANGERS (13-4-1)

Not being biased at all, (Just kidding I'm 100% biased)... The Rangers had a pretty solid 8-1-0 week. The only loss being @Miikeyx09 not being able to carry his weight against the Avalanche. Following the loss, @Bo-Dangles10 put Mikey on waivers... so this team should be a lot better now. @crofto40 and @Back342 are a magnificent duo, both playing like a Bernie Parent Tendy Card against @Charmop82 in HUT. All jokes aside, @Weapon C 181 and @Charmop82 lead the Rangers scoring with 16pts each, while the entire team has been able to grab onto winning records. The @NoThumbSweatyAF clamps came in huge against the Nashville Predators this week, while the @LaFleuR11 @Gamingfreak911 @dmac7719 @Reincremation and @Bo-Dangles10 defensive team may be one of the best groups in the league. PSA: @xl_JDE0201_lx is a first round bust at 3-1-1.

2. :team14: WASHINGTON CAPITALS (12-5-0)

The Caps are holding on tight sitting 3pts back of the Rangers with a game in hand. The @P t P 10 led Capitals have had a solid start to the season, where they have two lines basically at undefeated records. @McLxvinn , @ScaryJoeyy , @AgentSooksta008 , @P t P 10 , @nitram308 and @P E R I D O T 9 all sit undefeated, where the only problems seem to be the third line. @combat__13 , @Gold Mete , and @sparkplug87 nic all seem to be struggling the most this season. This team will continue to dominate week after week and if they can fix their third line up... they will be a favourite in the Metropolitan. As of right now with the current third line in place, I give the edge to the Rangers. We'll see Wednesday when the two teams face off for the first time this season.

Atlantic;

1. :team18: BUFFALO SABRES (13-1-4)

Another write-up with the Sabres on top. Everyone expects this team to be amazing all season long, so it's quite exciting when the Sabres get a loss on the score-sheet. Buffalo has been fantastic so far, and has proven that they are still the Cup favourites after week 2. Still being early, it'll be interesting to follow this team all season long. With lots of zero's in the loss columns, @JClaus33 , @Desjy99 , @BKerslake8 , @KingKonz- and @bry2230 are all leading the charge for the Sabres so far this season. With the only regulation loss so far, the third line has been powering through other third lines (minus Calgary). @eZDangles , @Krvstoffer , @PoopinSince95 and @EbonyFetishz have been the next best for this organization. The Sabres wont let up until teams throw everything they have at them on a nightly basis.

2. :team1: TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (13-4-1)

The Leafs have an identical record to the Rangers, and sit in the second spot of the Atlantic. Unfortunately for them, I think they'll sit in this spot the entire season as I don't believe they'll be able to catch the Buffalo power house. @Stiivii-66 has been the better of the two Goaltenders in Toronto, while @aREAP__ , @AAli-21 , @xTarasenko91_ , @Diamonddangles4- and @Desveaux_x_19 all lead the offensive charge. The team has had success in all corners, similar to the majority of the top teams in this thread. The Defense has been held tight by my ex-teammate @xXInfamousOne211 , while @BA_Sports_Fan and @Samurai-Siaki have also been putting up impressive numbers. The Leafs don't have an identified weak spot with no losing records, so they are a tough team to match up against.

REMAINING EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFF TEAMS;

5. :team2: BOSTON BRUINS (12-4-2)

6. :team7: NEW JERSEY DEVILS (12-6-0)

7. :team5: MONTREAL CANADIENS (10-5-3)

8. :team27: NEW YORK ISLANDERS (10-6-2)

The Bruins and Devils seem to be the next best when it comes to the remaining four teams, however the interesting topic is the Islanders falling a bit this week. Still with a 10-6-2 record, the Isles are hanging into the top 8 in the Western conference. It will be interesting to see what these bottom four teams can do to improve and challenge during week 3. Will things shake up in this conference? Post your thoughts below!

Cheers,

Mike.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    MikeyMcB
  2. Zamne

Zamne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,169 / 43 / -56
    cool