Week 9 is LIVE! Discuss your round and thoughts here!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by eMLBCommish, Aug 17, 2015.

1. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Hey guys,

Week 9 is now LIVE!

Courses this Week:

Primary: Dunholme Manor
    Secondary: Vania Hills
    HDCP Restricted Course: Hobble Creek

Instructions:

You'll find the regular two courses in Play > Play Tour > Search LGGT > Look for LGGT S3 W9

To find the HDCP Restricted course (For people with a TGC Handicap lower than a +5.0 Rating), go to Play > Play Tournament > Search LGGT > Look for LGGT S3 W9 HDCP

IMPORTANT: For those guys who have an interest in playing the restricted course, you can play it at ANY TIME during the week. You can play it first before the regular tournaments, if you wish. It's a separate event. Just be sure when you post your scores here, that you put it in the proper leaderboard.

Deadline for Week 9: Sunday, August 23rdh at 11:59 PM Eastern

IMPORTANT! Please note the presence of a countdown clock next to each tournament. It indicates how much time you have left to post scores.

Post your round thoughts here! As always, if there are any concerns to bring up, provide your evidence to me privately, and I will review.

Thanks, and hit 'em straight!

LB

• Like Like x 2
    fkncommishlb
  2. dylan42

dylan42 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Dunholme is another great pick. First time I've played it and unsure how this course passed me by, but what a creation! I had to fight hard 2nd round as I was +4 thru 14 and pulled 3 birdies from somewhere in the last 5. Great fun and good luck all.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. ijs1543

ijs1543 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    super 3rd round alan:) great shooting mate

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. burton31cat

burton31cat Tim R

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Was happy to stay with dylan and disturbed for all 4 rounds for the 2nd straight week. I'll take -20 with those winds for Dunholme

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. dylan42

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Ian and Burton. You still stuffed me Ian m8 :facepalm: stunning shooting especially round 2 in the gale. The 3rd round was a fun, look once and whack it round. I was thinking it was one of my best until bogey on 17. Pride definitely came before a fall. :p

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. chrashbird

chrashbird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Managed to chase you down in R4. Had a disaster in R2 with two double bogey water balls. R4 managed to hole a few bombs for birdie in the last few holes, holed out for eagle on the 11th, then missed an easyish birdie putt on the last par 3. Final hole had a 20 foot eagle putt to beat Tim, R3 had the same putt and it barely broke and just missed on the high side and this time didn't give it enough and scraped the cup. Oh well I'll take -12 for the last round which also included a stupid bogey. Well played everyone so far, should be a good warm up for the PGA guys if you get high winds in the Fed Ex.........at least you probably won't have to contend with Ian.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. blueorfe

blueorfe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Just finished round 1.

A superb course for tournament play. My putting however was pretty laughable. I must have had 30 putts and that was with a holed flop shot! :grin:

I've got some serious work to do if I want to get anywhere near Ian.

No Streaming Account
  8. chrashbird

chrashbird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    After scooping both "Consistency" awards last week, I should be a contender for both the "Jekyll and Hyde" awards this week. 1st event had -12 and a +4, finished up the 2nd event today with a -6 and a +5. Putting was awful and chipping was even worse. Wouldn't be surprised if Ian or Brad shoot -28 or lower for the 2nd event if they've played that course before.

No Streaming Account
  9. blueorfe

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I thought that the second course was there for the taking. The problem was that I must have had at least 12 shots where I got a 91% contact, always that exact number?
    There is something definitely wrong with this game, I can understand mistiming a few shots and getting various contacts. But to get 91% over and over again there has to be an issue with the game.
    I got away with it the first few times that it happened, but then it started costing me shots.

This hasn't happened to me before, sure I've had rounds where I'm getting a few iffy contacts but this was just brutal.

That coupled with my worst putting for a while made for an arduous tournament for me. I was so glad when it was over. :-?

A shame because I really liked the courses this week. I just felt hamstrung by the severe issues I was getting at Vania.

Good luck to those yet to play and Congrats to Ian on some great play this week, especially his awesome display at Dunholme. :grin:

No Streaming Account
  10. burton31cat

burton31cat Tim R

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0

When my golfers downswing or up motion on the analog stick is too slow, that is when I get 91% a lot. I think 92% was the old norm for that. You can hold your swing at the top for a couple seconds but since the last swing change as long as you are fast on the downswing its not a problem anymore.

I did a lot of practice swings on the tee in the course creator after the last update as you can do this rapid fire motion every couple seconds. I also do this to get loosened up before a round.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    No Streaming Account
  11. blueorfe

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Cheers for the reply Tim. :grin:

There seemed more to it than just that. It was only happening at Vania. I played the last three rounds at Dunholme and Vania all back to back. I had no problems at all at Dunholme.
    My very first shot at Vania I got a 91% contact, from there I had a load more. I watched back a few of my swings and they looked pretty good to me?

If it was the way that I was swinging it, it would have been happening at Dunholme too. I haven't been having any issues since the first day or two of the new swing update.
    This seemed totally out of my hands? It was very weird. :confused:

No Streaming Account
  12. billybudd0623

billybudd0623 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Same here Bradley, I had numerous less than 100% shot at Vania while just a few at Dunholme. I didn't feel like I swung any different, just different results.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. dylan42

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Had no issues with partial hits but had a serious issue of being totally awful on the back 9 at Vania. I hate to be negative but I found the whole course loathsome. I had to take 3 wood into half the par 4s and just didn't enjoy this place at all. Ok sorry for the gripe =P~ great play StevenJ.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. STEPHENjHAWKING

STEPHENjHAWKING Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thank you!

You guys are crazy good so I will take what I can get haha.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. blueorfe

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Congrats Stephen. Very well played :grin:

No Streaming Account