Week Three League Wide Updates

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by LG-McDonald, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    Sorry for the timing of this message. I was hoping to get some of this important info out yesterday but some unforeseen issues occurred. This week there is some extremely important updates, and I encourage everyone to read and ask questions if need be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taking LGHL,LGAHL,LGCHL Games to Club?

This has been a hot topic for a week or so after the new patch. Some uncertainty caused the League to not rush into a decision just yet. After a few games last week that uncertainty was removed when I was able to test out club for myself and see how it truly affects the OCR.

Based on what I observed, I feel we can now take the steps forward and allow Club Challenge to be an official option when teams are deciding to play the game. Below is the official letter of understanding drafted up on this manner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official Letter Of Understanding

Article Two : Section 3.1 Game Night Session Set Up

Changed TO :

3.1 : Game Night Session Set Up

From the EASHL screen, the home team's MOC will send an invite to the away team's MOC to play a private EASHL Drop In Game. Once both MOC's are in the lobby, they are required to invite their OWN team.

OR

Both teams are eligible to have their six scheduled skaters join a club team. From the EASHL screen, all six players are to enter the "Club Challenge" screen. Once both teams have their six skaters, the home team will send a club challenge to the away team's club.

In order for the club challenge feature to be used, a certain criteria is required :

1) Both teams are required to use their official jersey, as well as use the official team's abbreviation.

2) Both team's MOC are required to AGREE to using club over the drop in session. If an agreement is not made, both teams will be defaulted back to using the drop in lobby session.

3) Communication will be KEY!!! Teams are required to communicate among each other via PM, xbox live, or the LG chat box to ensure no misunderstandings occur. Since the home team is required to send the challenge, it only makes sense that home team makes contact with the away team's MOC prior to the game to ensure each team understand what team requires an invite. I recommend, simply using LG_____ as your club name to prevent confusion and wasting time figuring out what team needs an invite.

League Staff will also be posting info threads in each management office to ensure all teams can inform their opponents prior to the week starting which of their players will not be using the Club Challenge feature.

4) All other procedures are in effect in regards to: forfeits, reschedules, replays and extra time.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is extremely packed full of info, that I am going to break down into simpler terms.

-The League understands that using club is NOT the fix for Lag. This option has nothing to do with input delay, it was suggested strictly from a time consumption factor. Team managers have expressed how long it is taking to get the actually games played, and felt this could help.

-Team Managers MUST agree to play the game in club. If an agreement can not be made, the game will be played with the invite feature.

-Players DO NOT have to agree to these terms. Each Management section will have an info thread for each team MGT to post what lines they have prefer club and which lines do not. During this next week it is important to ensure you contact you team manager and inform them of your personal preference

-This is suppose to be looked at as adding another tool to our tool box as we continue to fight this up hill battle.

Any questions can be directed to your team manager and or myself.

Please also take the time to post in our player feed back thread about this option.

Player feed back thread
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/inde...-back-club-challenge-for-league-games.225092/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QMJHL Expansion Draft!!

We are about half way through the QMJHL expansion draft! Congrats to all of those players whom have been drafted for this mid season expansion! Your season will begin tonight!

For future reference, each and every season we always end up with 1000+ or 60% more players than teams in the CHL. As a new member to this website, the features, tools, and training we have in place should be more than enough for any new member to jump right into a Managers role in the CHL. By having more managers at the beginning of a season, we eliminate the need for mid season expansion, and offer more playing time for our players. That is the goal as we move forward during NHL 16.

Questions in regards to the Expansion draft or any other CHL inquiries can be sent to @xX Z3NO Xx and myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Player's Association

After a decision was made last night by the Commissioner Staff there was some defiant questions about having a PA again. From my experience, the community under utilizes the PA role, takes the spot simply to get a purple name, or fully doesn't understand the roles and responsibilities that are required of the PA.

For about 2-3 seasons now, I have removed myself from the judicial process almost completely. The only time I truly weigh in is during the training process with staff, during major situations where 1.1.6 of Article One is called into play, or site issues. This has allowed me to supplement the Appeal role we use to see the PA help with. To understand this in its simplest form, the BoG and Commissioner Staff rule on the complaints, if appeals are filed or questions are asked in regards to those complaints I come in as a neutral party to address the situation and determine if appeals are granted or if a reduction in punishment is deemed acceptable.

By no means I am saying we have no use for the PA, because surely I think we do.

What I am saying is the main focus of the PA isn't to be the knight in shining armor who feels they can walk in and do what the community feels is right. With how the judicial system is set up, those days are very few and far between. The role we require is one more like what
    @Pryme Forty Six has stepped into currently for the CHL. We have about 120 plus managers here, about ten staff members for ~2300 players. All of us whom are in those leadership roles are grossly out numbered and can't possibly be around to reach out to everyone. That is why the PA becomes more of a team role where our Managers are the front line soldiers representing our Leagues and Site. Hence why they are being held to a higher standard. in regards to their personal conduct. From there the Commissioner Staff and BOG supplement the Managers with information, and education and at times we are are able to address concerns we receive up front. The PA tends to be the middle man, who has the ability to be front line with the players but also contribute like a Commissioner.

If you do have questions about the process for the PA check Article One, or direct some questions my way!

Article One -http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/article-i-league-structure.223745/

Development Project by @Pryme Forty Six

http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/development-games-archive.224893/

http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?forums/chl-player-development-committee.584/

Those are the two reference areas for the Development Project Pryme is currently handling for the League. The idea and principal behind it is to give our TC players a chance to be seen. as well as to educate them on the roles and opportunities here on LG. Pryme has been around for sometime and wanted to give back so him and I developed this current system and are using this season a pilot to see how we can better the experience for our newer players, especially those whom are on the CHL Training Camps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Recruitment Video!!

With us expanding to the PS4, I have recently received a copy of a new player recruitment video! This video has a bit of a Fallout feel to it, and those of you whom are committed to what we do here, and want to help spread the word to help expand the PSN league or to continue to grow our Xbox League, be sure to share this video!!!

Big thanks to @JmOnEy2436 for putting this together!!

• Like Like x 7
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.