Week Two News: OCR, Reschedule Requests, Claiming a Forfeit

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by LG-McDonald, Oct 30, 2016.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    OCR

After talking with Winston today, he explained that it appears as if some teams are opting to use the NHL 16 "box score" stats for LG games rather than the new scoring summary screen. There are obvious cases where the scoring summary screen does not get used(skip by it, or a lag out) but for the most part we would like to see you all use the scoring summary screen for stats if possible.

Those of you whom are making a decision to NOT use that screen, and are opting to use the old stats this does cause a few issues.

• Players haven't been keeping their skater name update making stat entry a nightmare.
    • We have already received complaints from players whom are showing as playing seven games in a week, when they only played three.
    • We have players complaining they aren't getting their points from games they have played in.
    Regardless of what I say, there will still be those of you whom will ignore my request to use the scoring summary for personal reasons. Therefore I do have some requests to keep our stats as accurate as possible regardless of what screen shots are used.
    • Whenever possible PLEASE ensure the the first screenshot from the "Scoring Summary" is used(this has the GTs and Skater Names listed for reference. This will ensure that manual stats are entered corrected for players whom are ACTUALLY in the game!
    • Make sure ALL your players AND your ECU's(Affiliate players) have their Skater names updated. This makes life easier for stats when there are lag outs for games.
    Guessing at stats isn't going to be tolerated. It causes several issues for players and for the BOG to review. The BOG had to spent several hours today reviewing a case where it appeared a player had seven games played. Let's try and work together and work through this.

EA has been made aware of the inaccuracy of stats from the scoring summary screen. Tris has also been in contact with one of the Devs trying to work through this as well and try and do some future planning for us. Also keep in mind Mav is helping Tris out with stat issues as well, so be sure to include him in your stat issue complaints.

TLDR; @Mav x19x is our statistical analysis dude helping Tris through these issues(cc him on staff PMs with your concerns). PLEASE use the scoring summary page. Having GTs makes the BOG's life easier!

Reschedules/Forfeits/Disconnection Procedures

We need to address these issues right now to be sure it doesn't continue to be a problem. All of us have played enough club, and those of you whom are playing pro series are definitely familiar with how club challenge can be a pain in the ass. The issues we all are seeing tending to be when players don't make it into the lobby when a challenge is sent. This is similar to last game when some guys were not receiving the lobby invites.

I have yet to hear of any other issues.

Just so we are clear, the reschedules are for situations WHERE THE CLUB CHALLENGE HAS BEEN SENT AND TEAMS ARE HAVING ISSUES GETTING ALL 12 SKATERS INTO A GAME.

We are not going to offer reschedules for any other issues. If you cannot meet the deadlines outlined in article three, and the extra time is not respected, those games CAN result in a forfeit. The club challenge issues aren't an excuse to buy yourself time so your players can show up. Its for legitimate issues where club challenge isn't allowing players to join the game session.

What does that mean for game night procedures?

• By referencing Article Two, official game times are 9:30/10:30
    • Five minutes past the official game time as per Article Two is when the game session(club challenge in our case this season) needs to be sent by
    • The lobby has a five minute timer, therefore Article Two does touch on ten minutes past the official game game being the EARLIEST time whereby a team can claim a forfeit.
    • The final note from Article Two that is important is, additional time can be requested for connection issues etc... Additional time is ten minutes... Additional time can be requested anytime UP to the ten minutes PAST official game time.
    Those are four key points from our disconnection procedure. I am going to break them down a bit more for BETTER understanding of what I expect.
    • Most times the games don't start on time. Last week I had one game start a bit early that is nice. if at all possible start the game one time! We have a ton of players whom are playing Pro Series, or work early in the AM. Let's try and respect our deadlines and get our players online, in games on time.
    • The five minute has been around forever, and was simply added into the rules to avoid issues the request system had. Starting by this point is acceptable in my books and show be the goal of both teams heading into the game.
    • The ten minutes after the official game time was an extra five minute buffer added to our rules based off the lobby/club challenge timer. Obviously with input delay, lobby disconnections, club challenge issues ETC I felt a few seasons ago it would be beneficial to add in the lobby time to allow us the MOST/REASONABLE amount of time to ensure that games could be played.
    • Additional Time;often abused always misunderstood. Additional time CAN be requested FROM the official game time UP TO, ten minutes past official game time! ALSO keep in mind ANYTIME a player lags out of a game, additional time is in affect to allow the player to return. EX: I lag out in the first period with 2 minutes left. My team completes the period. My team has ten minutes to replace me with an ECU(replace me with a NONE roster skater) OR to allow me to return to have the game restart. Also keep in mind, that from say 9:30 pm EST until 9:40 pm EST, if a player has a connection issue, a team can request extra time to find an ECU or allow that player time to return....
    TLDR; extra time is for connection issues only! It can be requested UP until ten minutes AFTER official game time. HOME TEAM MUST SEND OR HAVE PROOF THEY ATTEMPTED TO SEND THE CLUB CHALLENGE WITHIN THE TEN MINUTE WINDOW(IF ADDITIONAL TIME WAS NOT REQUESTED) OR THE AWAY TEAM CAN CLAIM A FORFEIT. RESCHEDULES ARE FOR TEAMS WHOM ARE HAVING CONSTANT ISSUES WHEREBY A PLAYER CANNOT GET INTO THE CHALLENGE LOBBY.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx

xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +183 / 21 / -80
    We should have got the win against Rockford...

No Streaming Account