WESTERN CONFERENCE AFTER WEEK 1

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by SgtAndyBoy, Nov 12, 2021.

1. SgtAndyBoy

SgtAndyBoy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0 / -22
    here is the write up for the western conference, go check out the eastern write up if you haven't already.. thanks

Standings are in order heading into week 2

WESTERN CENTRAL

1)Tuscon Roadrunners
    8-0-1

The meep meeps are the only team in the entire league to have not lost a single game in regulation yet, even more impressive, they did this with a team that was solely built from a weak bidding. they are a team that had no assets but were still able to build something out of nothing. Beanzy told me not to give the management too much credit and instead give it to the players which I will now do. the players are outplaying the expectations that many had for them, I know a couple solid players on that team that may not have eye popping records, but have very good stats such as take away to give away ratio, pass %, and more. but at the same time I have to give credit where credit is due and praise the management. I built a playoff team last szn without dp, resign, or send downs, and I know how hard it is, so for them to do the same but with a perfect start, the management def need some recognition. their offensive is firing with 35 goals for and their defence is shutting things down while only letting in 18 goals (when I say defence I include goalies btw). they even beat the eagles and firebirds, who are both expected to be top teams in the west.

2)Colorado Eagles
    7-2-0

The Eagles were in the same position as the Monsters, both team came in into bidding with most of their roster already built from the draft, both teams only needed to bid on 3 players. this team will be a top 3 team in the West all szn and its hard for anyone to disagree... statistically, they are the best defensive team after week one letting in the lowest amount of goals in the league with 15. what's concerning is that the fire power has been kinda low with only 27 goals for, where most top teams are in the 35's and up. but I know that this is not the final roster of the eagles and their is movement from within the organization and it was all part of the plan (correct me if im wrong) so im not worried at all with this team...plus good offence is a good defence right? Hard knock is a proven manger, he's built competitive teams before and it doesn't seem like there is any difference this szn. they are going into week 2 with a 5 W streak, so dont be surprised if they take 1 spot in the entire west after week 2 or 3.

3)SprinField Thunderbirds
    7-2-0

Dugz's team will always be a competitive team, the fact is, he scouts like crazy. before taking management myself, I was in his scouting discord and he's always running scouting games, he also doesn't care about whether you've been a cheer your whole life, if you have a big rep in lg and so on, which allows him too out just about anyone meaning that he has a higher chance to find gems. especially with the new game, there is gonna be a lot of new players that will become good. he even got some great contract steals like the one in Daggzz x17, who is from xbox. while is records aren't eye popping, he's been on some pretty bad team. he is a guy that can play any style of play and fit on any lineup, which will be very useful for dugz. now lets talk about my fav part, the numbers... like always, dugz built a team with immense fire power, his team is always scoring goals, but similar to last szn, defence seems to be letting to Many goals in. they only have a goal differential of 8 and that's something that needs to be work on as it suggest that they are scoring their way out of their problem. they let in 6 goals against firebirds, 3 against Abbotsford, and 4 against Colorado. I will admit, the games they do win they've only been letting in 1-2 goals. but their losses are usually pretty big which means they need some consistency. but dugzz is an always busy manager and I dont seem them falling off any time soon or at all. they should be a lock for 3rd in their division imo.

4) Manitoba Moose
    5-4-0

Manitoba is the first team to be scored on more than they score to be in the top 4 of a division with a negative 7. they lost badly to the top teams (7-1 thunderbirds, 7-2 abbsotford) and many of their wins are against teams that are at the bottom of the standings. however they did the roadrunners their only lost (In OT) with a score of 4-3. the number suggest that the games they win are close, usually 2-1,3-2,4-3, etc, but when they lose, its a blowout. they were able to get some really good contracts imo but it looks like they will need a little more depth. this is a team I have high expectations for with Brann as the manager. he is very good on nhl22 and his perfect 3-0 week shows it, but the other lines are gonna have to become more consistent on defensive side. also forgot to mention, they scored the lowest amount of goals in the league for a top 4 team. there is obviously issues but I dont see management staying put and settling for this. I expect them to be fighting for the 4th spot in their division all szn.

5)Milwaukee Admirals
    4-5-0

Admirals are a tough team to look at because many of their losses were against top teams like the eagles and roadrunners. its good and bad, the good is that they may be better than we think, but they had tough matchups in week 1, the bad is that you need to beat those team to be considered a competitive team. most of their wins are also against not so great teams. 2 out of 3 of the first line wins were against bottom dwelling teams. so its very hard to tell where this team stacks atm, especially since their are some good players ik on that team that are starting off slow. but their defence still concerns me, they are scoring at an above average rate with 29 gaols for, but they let in almost 40 goals against. management is gonna need to make some minor tweaks as the weeks go on.

6)Texas Stars
    3-4-2

Texas is where many expected them to be. however, it is chilison that is carrying the team as the stat are scoring at the lowest rate in the entire league with 15 goals for. they are one of only 2 teams that have not reached the 20 goal mark. yet they only let in 23 goals against, which proves that chillison is hard carrying. he only let in 4 goals once this szn and has the best win to loss record and the most wins on the team with a 3-1-2. he also has an absurd sv% of 0.859 and an even crazier GAA of 1.72. he has the best sv and gaa for any goalie that is in the top 10 for shots against. management is gonna have to find a way to support chillison both by upgrading defence and reducing the amount of shots against, as well as the offence bc most of their wins are by 1 goal games, and that could go either way when facing a top team.

7) Iowa Wild
    3-5-1

Many expected more from the Wild especially with the free contracts they have,
    they have some solid pieces on both ends of their lineups but im assuming their is a meshing problem bc they are not scoring and they let in one of the most amount of goals, they are in the bottom 3 for goals to goals against ration. their first line is obviously competitive, but outside of that, it is very lack luster. I dont think they'll be out of the race, and its only week 1, so id give them 1 to 2 more weeks to see where the depth really is. maybe some minor changes as the week goes on before any big moves.

8) Rockford IceHogs
    3-6-0

this is a team most, if not all, would not have thought of being a last place team in their division. Cory is still a beast on this game, and jaguar is still a massive clamp, but the rest of the team doesn't seem to provide much support. it was a good idea to put both free contracts on separate lines, but they are gonna need a lot more out of their supporting cast members. a lot of their losses are blowout losses, a couple of 7 goal losses, 8 goal losses, and some 4-5 losses are showing the holes in the team. I dont think the defence man are the issues, I think defence as a whole from both the fwd and defence are not clicking. Jaguar wasn't able to build a playoff team last szn, so there's not much to say that he would make a good one this time around. but something tells me that we should give jag and Cory a chance as I think they are both very solid and capable of doing so. despite that, they are gonna have to work on a lot of things if they want to compete with the top teams. especially since they are in a division that mostly had teams that went into bidding without many assets or similar amount of assets to them (Tucson had less, Springfield had about the same amount, Manitoba had about the same amount). id also like to say that its only week 1 and they have plenty of time to get up to speed, but simply relying on getting it together and ignoring the main issues could lead to bigger issues down the road if they end up not "getting it together" after week 1.

WESTERN PACIFIC

1)Abbotsford Canucks
    7-1-1

This team is off to a great start, statically their numbers suggest that they'll be on of the top 3 teams in the conference. they're firing at a cray rate with almost 40 goals for and under 20 goals against. on defence, they have the gm Nosxcpe96, who's been dominant in the chl for a couple szn and has some NHL experience as well, they also have doughty who's slipped past NHL bidding for the first time in a while with an awesome name change that even I didn't realize in bidding and going for under 4 mill. Pietrxngelo is also underrated imo and held brindy lines from silver knights last szn to only 3 goals in 2 playoff games that they met (both games ended in a 1-0 and a 2-1). on the offensive side, they got a nice pickup in crushing slices who has had a very good record in every szn he plays. he was my chl agm in szn 13 when I went 20-2, we had a really good team and was so close to winning it all, whole point if that was to note that I've seen crushinslices play and he's a solid player for his price. they even got apex haze who's been a beast offensively at all levels of lg. they also have one of the top lw in Astrroo who is personally one of my fav wingers to play with, he's always in the right spot, plays solid defence, good playmaker, and natural goal scorer. not much to dislike about this team. also can't forget polar who has the best sv and gaa % of all starting goalies. this team will be competitive all szn and a serious contender for first in the west.

2) San Jose Barracuda
    5-2-2

the cudas, the team that I ran last szn, now ran by complete_luck, who's been a nhler that came down to manage. first of all I heard that luck thinks I hate him bc he got kinda toxic in a war zone tourney on my team... just wanted to say there's no beef and I literally was not affected by anything so said and we are cool lool. while I settled that, I just want to agree with some of the other write ups that mentioned the cudas, they are a very mediocre team on paper. yes they have some good players and they have that chem line, but I dont see anyone that would take them over the top and compete with the top teams in the west. most of their wins have been against teams lower in the standings and im not sure they will remain at the 2 spot in the pacific by the end of week 2. not to mention they lost a top 10 g in the A imo in Kuttnkornzerz which I explained why he is a beast in my eastern conference write up. even before the trade, kutt left the cuda with a 0.848 sv while facing the 16th most shots against. ranch is going to have to fill some big shoes as kutt is one of those goalies that win games. to be fair, kutt asked out for change of environment, so that's not on luck, and its also no on him that he couldn't t get more out of kutt bc kutt has been under the radar and not many managers know how good he really is. aside from that, luck will have his hands full after week 2 if things go as I think they do.

3) Coachella firebirds
    4-3-2

imo they have one of the best management, and they had some great returning contracts and some very good dps in Atkins and cars29, they even got some great bidding pieces. yet they have started slow and have a couple losses to some of the top western teams. offensively they are scoring like a top team with 36 goals for, but they are letting in 30 goals as well which may be concerning but im this team will figure itself after week 2. they have too many good pieces to not make it work, and I honestly see them as team number 2 in the pacific all szn. and if not, this management duo will be able to work some magic and bring in new solid pieces, so I am not worried about them at all.

4)Stockton Heat
    4-3-2

Stockton, on paper, is very mediocre. they consist of mostly 2nd and 3rd liners and I dont see a line that would compete with any of the top teams first line. no line that could carry them through playoffs. im not saying they are bad, they got a lot of great players over here and guys like dradavich are proven offensive threats, but they'll need some more impact pieces to make a competitive push. they are letting in just as many goals as they score. while the offesne is there, they will def need to limit their goals against as well. verdict, I think they'll stay put at 5-6 range in the pacific.

5)Bakersfield Condors
    4-5-0

the condors are ran by a couple of chlers who think decided to take the step to the A and show people what they can do. so far they are not off to a bad start, they got some very good contracts in G swish, Nate jones, and Mikeh, they even got a good dp in Sacco, but like the media show stated, nothing standout on this team. sure Mikeh is a very solid player and Nate jones can be a solid puck moving d man, but they need more than that to compete. their stats are very mediocre, scoring at an average rate, and letting in goals at an average rate, there is nothing that this team excels at, which means that if they come against an offensive power house, and a defensive powerhouse, they'll most likely be unable to breakthrough either. we will need to see some magic work at the management level in order for them to prove their spot, but right now I feel them as a 6-8 team in the pacific.

6)San Diego Gulls
    3-4-2

when was the last time the gulls were good? proabably when gp3 was running the team in like szn 14 or something like that. gulls were good for the 2nfd half of last szn but it was all too late. the goals are scoring at a very low rate, and to make it worse, one of their best offensive players in debrincant is not even showing up for games and has already been striked for missing them. this is a team that is hard to hate bc my buddy fresher is on the team. even so they are gonna have to work on a lot of things to bring themselves within distance of the 4th spot. I dont have much to say tbh, they are where many expected them to be.

7)Henderson Silver Knights
    3-4-2

the silver knights on paper have a lot more proven players than the gulls, yet they are putting up the same number as the gulls. and I can pinpoint the main issue with them immediately so correct me if im wrong. this team has a major issue with puck movement, it consist of too many players that like to hold the puck, and are not specialized in cycling or breakouts. I have had some of them players on my previous team or have played lg games with a lot of these players and I can say that this team is filled with too many players that dont pass. im not saying they are bad players, bc they weren't an issue on my team bc I gave them line mates that would match their play styles, but this team is lacking serious puck movers. and Imo puck movers are the most important type of players in this game bc it affects both the offence and defence, a good puck mover can safely move the puck out of the defensive zone withhout turning it over, and a good puck mover at the same time of moving it out, will deliver clean breakouts that lead to good offensive rushes. the smoother the transition out of defence, the more time you spend on the offence. this team dont have that... they dont have a pass first fwd, and they dont have a top puck moving man. thier goals to goal abasing ratio actually shows this if you think about it, they only scored 22 goals which is probably bc they can't get clean breakouts, meaning fwds have to force their way into the o zone and get any type of shots on net, and they let in 30 goals against which I can assume a from turnovers in their own end.get a couple of puck moving man and fwd(preferably passing renters) through trades and this team will instantly be better.

8)Ontario Reign
    3-5-1

like rockford, nobody thought this team would be where they are now. outside of the top line, they are lacking some serious depth and firepower. I dont think any team that matches up with their 2nd or 3rd line would consider them treating or sweaty. unlike rockford, they aren't down here bc a bunch of their proven fwd are off to a slow start, they are down here bc they can't compete with the other teams. management are gonna have to do some serious work from now till deadline to change the dynamics of the team. I like toe and he's really good buddies with krafty, ill give them some faith and they do have the advantage in that the teams in this division are rather close in points. so they'll have to catch up soon before its too late

note: if you enjoy my media, pls react or reply, I didn't get a lot of engagement on my eastern one so idk if my write ups are good or not. if they are let me know and ill continue these like every other week thanks

• Winner Winner x 26
    • Like Like x 6
    sgtandyboy11
  2. SgtAndyBoy

SgtAndyBoy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0 / -22
    edit, Springfield are 6-3 not 7-2

sgtandyboy11
  3. Frauts

Frauts Well-Known Member

Discord:
    frauts#0
    Ratings:
    +121 / 5 / -9
    MEEP MEEP

Frauts
  4. Mikeh x 39

Mikeh x 39 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 13 / -57
    eeeeee

No Streaming Account
  5. Fishhure

Fishhure Turtle Enthusiast

Ratings:
    +99 / 17 / -30
    They count me out cuz I got sui for two years …. Lots more to come

No Streaming Account
  6. xPetro-_-

xPetro-_- Warning Group

Discord:
    Pietrxngelo#9822
    Ratings:
    +119 / 5 / -26
    <3

• Like Like x 1
    Pietro_Qc
  7. Dunsii

Dunsii Well-Known Member

Discord:
    dunny#0072
    Ratings:
    +207 / 26 / -53
    Great guy and great media! Love it

• Like Like x 1
    bdunnny
  8. Astrrro-_-

Astrrro-_- Devin

Ratings:
    +384 / 34 / -61
    Andy delivering the best most in-depth media I’ve read in a long time, appreciate your time and effort @SgtAndyBoy

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    astrrrro
  9. Nexy6-

Nexy6- Nexy

Discord:
    Nexy#0006
    Ratings:
    +86 / 14 / -11
    The media is much appreciated

• Like Like x 1
    Nexy6_
  10. iamTano

iamTano "he never had the makings of a varsity athlete"

Discord:
    Tano#1746
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -12
    Excellent work AndyBoy!

• Like Like x 1
    mynameistano
  11. iamchillson

iamchillson Beer League Backup

Discord:
    Chillson#1194
    Ratings:
    +200 / 26 / -51
    Well that was an ego boost that I probably didnt need lol

IamChillson
  12. iamchillson

iamchillson Beer League Backup

Discord:
    Chillson#1194
    Ratings:
    +200 / 26 / -51
    For real though, great writeup. You actually did some looking into the teams instead of just saying trash and thats what I appreciates bouts yous

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    IamChillson