Western Conference Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Knivessplash, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Knivessplash

Knivessplash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Western Conference Power Rankings:
    1. Colorado Avalanche
    2. Calgary Flames
    3. Anaheim Ducks
    4. Los Angeles Kings
    5. Vancouver Canucks
    6. Minnesota Wild

* This is just speculation players quit, trades happen and some players just don't work out. So please do not take anything I say about the team personal. There are a lot of "unknown" players every season, so it always hard to predict.

1. Colorado Avalanche- This team has a really good team top to bottom. What really stands out though is how good of a first line they have. Wally- TCX7- Koval if that ends up being the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] line which I fully expect watch out. Not only can they score early and often, but they also play great team d. I could not see that line losing more than 2-3 games in a season. They also picked up a sleeper in KOSISKING, and Metalasfork. Datsuk NL, Dirtymike are also very good pickups that make another top tier line.xMassxHysT3ria is also a very good goalie, and will be known by season’s end. They are the team to beat in my eyes. This team has a potent offense, great d and a great goalie. Only small concern is they only have one goalie, but as long as his availability is good they should be set for a cup run. (note I know metalasfork is also a good goalie so…. That defiantly helps).They also play in the harder conference. I would put Colorado, Calgary and Anaheim all number one if they were in the East. Another advantage for Colorado is they had two first round picks in management which is never a bad thing. Go get them Wally.

Key Players: Datsuk NL, wallywallabee, MassxHyst3ria, dirtymike, tcx7, kovalsnipe, Kosisking, J BIDD, Acid Thrasher.

2. Calgary Flames- Kastor is a league vet, and knows the talent just about as well as anyone in the league. He went out and built another cup contending team. Can he get past the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] round this season? He certainly has the pieces in place to do so. They went and grabbed N1ghthors3 right off the bat. Not only can he score, but he knows how to play two way hockey. In my opinion he was the best fwd that was draft able and I’m sure Kastor loved it when N1ght fell to him. They also made some good pickups, in death studio, drad, S1nister T, col890. Their defense is just as good and in my opinion the best d in the West. Lipari, Sakic, Kastor, Mikeysanman. Goaltending wise they picked up one of the better goalies in A damp grundle.

Key Players- DRAD, Sakic x19 ( HIIIII or whatever his gt is now), N1ghthors3, col890, Lipari, A Damp Grundle, death studio, S1nister T

3. Anaheim Ducks -With the number one pick they chose to go D first and took snipefest a shut down d man. I like their d a lot. UPS WYATT, Lazy, Snipefest, Deathstroke. I do not know much about deathstroke, but I know the rest of their d is very good. Then you have bievsea if they ever get pass you. Their forwards are almost as good x12 STAAL,iCaNaDiiaN eh, D Gan23, petemagnum, Mackinnon I22I . They have two good lines. I think it will be a very tight race between Calgary and Anaheim, but give the edge to Calgary.

Key Players- x12 STAAL, Pete magnum, iCaNaDiiaN EH, DGAN023, snipefest, UPS WYATT, Lazy Pedestrian, bievsea

4. Los Angeles Kings- Another team that had a solid draft. I really like what they did with their first line. I just don’t know if they can get enough scoring to beat other teams with their secondary forwards. I like guys like smitty, jackdoop( steal), DR DROI, butta, but after that I see a big drop in talent. Some very good passers, but I really don’t see any more guys that can consistently put the puck in the net. They have some really good D in Clarke kid, buckneison, Sp4zT4rd. I like them to get to the playoffs, but if they face Colorado in the first round I find it hard to believe they would be able to win that series. I also think their goaltending is relatively weak.

Key Players: l Smitty l x21, Sp4zT4rd, Buckneison, Buckneison, jackD00P, jack inth3 b0xz

5. Vancouver Canucks They snagged two goalies really early. While it’s nice to have two solid goalies I just don’t think that’s what wins. Degoboy and mierov are both capable of stealing games and will need to do so if they want to make the playoffs. I like some of their d in unwritten G and c dog. They had some good fwds but will need to win by chemistry. J WHISPERZ, stevecamire, tacosunday good fwds, but I find it hard to believe they have the depth to beat other teams top lines. Prove me wrong.

Key Players: Degoboy, mierov, Jwhisperz, stevecamire, tacosunday, unwritten G, CDog4086, devildawg44

6.Minnesota Wild- This team has the potential, but just feels like they don’t have enough pieces of the puzzle to make the playoffs. I like some of their fwds such as xbirrox, MILLSY, Williams and some good D in correy and zer0andjune. Like Vancouver I just don’t see enough depth in the fwds. I think their best chance is to throw their 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] line out vs the better teams and win vs. the easier teams. I did this one season I was in management and made the playoffs. (Bondra FTW).If they do that they may have a chance to make the playoffs. They do have redwingfreak in net so he will need to stand tall this season.

Key Players: xbirrrox, MILLSY 30, Williams x12x, correy1997, zer0andjune, redwingfreak

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  2. Wallywallabe

Wallywallabe Well-Known Member

Discord:
    wallywallabee#8870
    Ratings:
    +86 / 4 / -6
    Great write up Knives! In all honesty I thought getting Mass in 9th round was a huge steal he's not a very well know Goalie, but is very underrated.

No Streaming Account
  3. SmiTTy x 12

SmiTTy x 12 “Officially UnRetired”

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 63 / -77
    Nice write up man! Glad you did the west thank you!

SmittyTV
  4. ClarkesKids

ClarkesKids #6 LD/RD - Clarke

Discord:
    ClarkesKids#7109
    Ratings:
    +433 / 0 / -2
    Awesome work Knives, the west is so tough to call but I cant argue with your picks here.

No Streaming Account
  5. l Blitzkrieg l

l Blitzkrieg l Rico=Melo of LG

Ratings:
    +561 / 7 / -14
    I demand a redo...Great job again knives thanx for the love and goodluck to all!

No Streaming Account
  6. l STARS I

l STARS I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Awesome Job sir!

No Streaming Account
  7. Tanev4Norris

Tanev4Norris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 9 / -2
    I played with these guys all year in vhl, i think we only lost one game in regulation all season . I would be very surpirsed if they even lost one game all season, that loss would be when they go up against me of course haha. Great write up man can't wait to get started.

No Streaming Account
  8. jackD00P

jackD00P ‍♀️

Discord:
    jackD00P#5139
    Philthadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Ratings:
    +672 / 10 / -13
    Great writeup! I agree with me being a steal :)

jackD00P
  9. l Blitzkrieg l

Ratings:
    +561 / 7 / -14
    fixed ;)

No Streaming Account
  10. Tanev4Norris

Ratings:
    +90 / 9 / -2
    haha i would agree with that dennis.

No Streaming Account
  11. l Blitzkrieg l

Ratings:
    +561 / 7 / -14
    Nothin but love for ya snipe lol.

No Streaming Account
  12. jewbawkka

jewbawkka Am Le bad

Discord:
    Jewbawkka#0814
    Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -4
    Hii Friendd! Nice write up.

imjewbawkka
  13. KASTOR N POLLUX

KASTOR N POLLUX S16 JACK ADAMS WINNER

Discord:
    Kastor n Pollux (Storm Team Dad)#5430
    Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -5
    very well done sir
    good luck to all the west
    everyone has playoff potential

kastornpollux
  14. l Blitzkrieg l

Ratings:
    +561 / 7 / -14
    gunna be fun to renew my rivalry with kastor not gunna lie!

No Streaming Account
  15. l STARS I

l STARS I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Only difference this time is YOUR GOING DOWN!!! (I hope)

No Streaming Account
  16. KASTOR N POLLUX

KASTOR N POLLUX S16 JACK ADAMS WINNER

Discord:
    Kastor n Pollux (Storm Team Dad)#5430
    Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -5
    yeah it'll be interesting dennis
    your team is pretty stout

kastornpollux
  17. Plymmy11

Plymmy11 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Plymmy11#2563
    Ratings:
    +463 / 10 / -25
    Snipefest is the worst 1st overall pick in history. Patrik Stefan on defense! ;)

No Streaming Account
  18. Tanev4Norris

Ratings:
    +90 / 9 / -2
    Haha thanks for the confidence booster.

No Streaming Account
  19. N1ghthors3

N1ghthors3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    n1ghthors3_37755#0
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Glad to see the Western article done so quickly, Knives. Keep up the work bud.

No Streaming Account
  20. J Bidd

J Bidd Fackin Allstar

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Who's snipefest and why did he go first? Lol

No Streaming Account