Did You Know? What Does the Format Changes to the League Mean for the AHL?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Sep 18, 2022.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    After my post yesterday I have received several messages and comments on what this all means and change for the AHL?

Here is my Cole's notes version of what you can expect for both Xbox and PS5 AHL in NHL 23!

• The AHL on both consoles will still have 32 teams for a total of 64 AHL teams.
    • The seasonal format has been reduced so there are only 6 weeks of games. This means the seasonal total of games played is only 18. There will be a poll going out to the community regarding possibly playing four games a night, or even alternating between 12 games a week, and 9 games a week to see how the community enjoys the extra games.
    • Game nights remain Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
    • The trade deadline and waiver deadline will be sooner.
    • AHL Management criteria will be revamped to take into consideration how players may land now with changes to the NHL.
    • We are looking to run a cross-play showdown between the two Calder Cup Winners.
    • During the regular season, there won't be any cross-over games between Xbox and PSN.
    • The staff has been restructured to include all staff under ONE branch
    • Players with DP status from last season who don't have enough games to be amateurs will be grandfathered
    • Prospects from last season will have an opportunity to be drafted to the 16-team NHL on their respective console.
    • The TC League is being revamped to provide a more "league" like experience.
    • The AHL players will likely be randomly assigned to different NHL TCs similar to how your TC is made up of random CHL players.
    • We are looking at AHL Call-up protection list.
    • DPs sent down to your roster you have full control over. [Play, waive, trade, ban if needed]
    • Staff and I will be selecting the 64 GMs, you then will hire TWO AGMs. One is free the other is a roster player won in bidding.
    Any AHL-related questions? Please post below and tag me in your reply! Also @SlowGazzelle @REAPZx74 and @aCanadianGamer are your commissioner staff for this coming season.

Announcement Reference ---> https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums...for-the-lghl-major-changes-for-nhl-23.348524/

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial