Which current gen game is your favorite/What is wrong with 19?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Easy Macaroni, Mar 5, 2019.

?

Which current gen Game is your favorite?

1. NHL 19

24 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. NHL 18

14 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. NHL 17

47 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. NHL 16

9 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. They all suck, bring me back my 360

87 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. xJLucas

xJLucas Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xjlucas#0
    Ratings:
    +272 / 12 / -19
    I think balanced game mechanics are off. Goals feel bouncy and less skill base, less rewarding. Where in other chel games there were varied strategic ways to attack and enter the zone and counters defensively

No Streaming Account
  2. l Yahtzeee l

l Yahtzeee l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 35 / -70
    Challenge Accepted

Nguadagna
  3. Follisimo

Follisimo Two-Way

Discord:
    Avalanchian#3515
    Ratings:
    +113 / 5 / -17
    It's not just the game speed that needs turned up though to be successful.

1.) Backwards skating speeds turned down by at least 15-20% of the current speed. Bad gap control needs to get burned
    2.) Gotta make it harder to gain speed so fast from a stand still. We can stand at the blue line playing defense and not have to worry about getting walked because we can get to top speed way too fast while others are already coming in with speed.

I don't agree with the goalie suggestions because if you are speeding up the game then goalies need all the help they can get since they have terrible reaction time up close which is a guessing game for them. In real life a goalie is supposed to wait out a shooter and then react which obviously can't be done in this game. But I do think goalies are way too strong on screened shots which never get rewarded enough.

• Like Like x 1
    Rhapsodical
  4. Neaverth

Neaverth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -3
    Of course every forward loves nhl 17 cause that game catered to offense. Someone please take what sweet Lou said and show it to ea somehow because nhl 20 could balance out the defense in this game with the offense in 17 and enter a new golden era for the nhl franchise, don’t even get me started on goaltending. I loved playing goalie on old gen and now I hate it

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Gongshxw

Gongshxw Warning Group

Discord:
    Gongshxw#0446
    Ratings:
    +254 / 118 / -280
    Yahtze ur one of the best one on one guys right now! Tricky to play d agsisnt you.

It just seems like beating defenders is a thing of the past overall.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I enjoy nex gen games but I do like firing up the PS3 and playing '09, '10, '14 and legends. The game play feels smoother, not sure how to describe it but I feel like I'm controlling my skater better than on next gen.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    There's not a million tiny, unnecessary animations on last gen.

No Streaming Account
  8. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +455 / 2 / -17
    From a Goalie perspective I think big positive in this game is my goalie feels more responsive overall. On flip side, in close, my goalie suddenly has a delay which is inconsistent. Some of the animations are still atrocious, and I have never had more "EA goals" then this year. I think a lot of goalies would agree with that and YET save percentages have never been better. It's a testament to how little forwards have to work with.

Sitting still at D shouldn't be as effective as it is but when a persons deke only works 50% of time, you can just sit and wait. As others mentioned, goalie vision doesn't seem to matter anymore, which is more significant when EA has made the game more about simplistic style offense.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. GIJoe Destro

GIJoe Destro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -2
    Any gen you could run the goalie after the whistle. And slash the goalie and fight him.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93
    Bring back custom builds.
    Allow custom builds to have the same XP as old gen so Be A Pros aren't a bunch of Leo Komarovs.
    Do not limit anything with custom builds. If there is 7500XP like in old gen let me distribute it exactly how I want.
    Allow more passes to go through/make passes harder/press poke check to pick off passes as a defender. Right now everyone holds LT and they become Bergeron.
    Reduce bumps, reduce stick lift, and increase poke check. Nobody hits in the real NHL so stop making it the best way to defend in 19.
    Reduce skater speed while holding RS for more than .5 seconds while chasing a hit.
    Nerf wrist shots from the point, or reduce amount of tip animations immensely.
    If there's a wrister from the point allow G's to deflect the puck into the corner to reduce effectiveness of wrist shots from the point.
    Decrease G lateral movement so as to increase more passing from offensive team. Custom builds and proper XP would actually allow players to have a proper shot to score.
    Bring back the glove in net animation etc when G is too far in the crease. Allow G's to get scored on if they're too deep in net. Custom builds and proper XP allows players to actually have a shot.
    Bring back push puck AND 45 degree cuts.
    Remove this LT bullshit with the puck.
    Bring back skate blade length and stick curve.

Implement 3 in the key like 2K /s

A huge reason this game is mediocre is because the Be A Pros you are forced to use are garbage. When I used Playmaker with a +5 passing I was able to pass like old gen. When I used PWF with +5 Slapshot I was able to shoot like old gen. Unfortunately even though the skating in this game is fine, in EASHL you would never know that because even 5'7 midgets only get like 90 skating. If someone wants to use all their athletic attributes to put their SPD/ACC/AGL 99 let them. Let people play the way they want, and let them play with the best players in the game. It's actually mind blowing that we're 4 years into "next gen" and we are still playing with 3/4 line forwards and 2/3 pairing D. Where the fuck are the game changers? This is literally your job to tell them the community doesn't want to play with degenerate players in EASHL while everyone in HUT is 99.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  11. The Gr8 Haxby

The Gr8 Haxby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +380 / 9 / -18
    Safe to say we are in the dead puck era of Virtual hockey.

No Streaming Account
  12. TacticalSwim

TacticalSwim Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -2
    15 was shit, 16 was better, 17 was good, 18 was absolute crap, 19 is kinda shit.

this was my argumentative take on nhl

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  13. FRANK LD 69

FRANK LD 69 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trouba_train#0
    Ratings:
    +3,138 / 76 / -140
    I’d rate your post “Winner” @officialmark07 but our commish is too busy not changing the game to give me my ability to rate posts back...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    gethesehands69