HeadLine WHL Central Quarter 1 Report

CHL WHL Central Division Quarter 1 Report

1. LHSbrad35

LHSbrad35 | Windhorst | RW #35 | LGCHL PSN Voltigeurs GM |

Discord:
    LHSbrad35#6806
    Ratings:
    +222 / 245 / -66
    WHL Central Quarter 1 Report - CHL WHL Central Division Quarter 1 Report.

[​IMG]

WHL Central Division Team Report
    Quarter One Report
    @LHSbrad35

The first two weeks of LGCHL PSN Season 8 have passed as teams have been making moves in-house as well as trades with other teams in the CHL to help improve their roster for the second quarter push. With that in mind, we bring to you the quarter one report for the WHL Central Division including standings, stats, team reports and grades, and our quarter one favorites to make the playoffs. Below is all the information…enjoy!

NOTE: Quarter One represents two weeks or 18 games. Since the regular season is 72 games, 72 / 18 = 4 quarters – so we will break the season into four sections to report the teams and how the WHL Central is forming.
    We will begin by discussing the standings in the WHL Central – now since the standings ultimately determines who makes playoffs and pretty much helps shape the best teams, the better-than-average teams, followed by the average teams and not-so-average teams, this will play into the rankings of the teams that we decide to discuss. Also included in our rankings is stats by the teams, stats by the players, and management quality. The general outline is below as well.

RANKINGS: Rankings will be based on a scale of 1-6 since there are 6 teams with 1 being the highest and 6 being the lowest. There will be 5 categories to determine the final tally with those categories listed below:

1. Standings
    2. Team Stats
    3. Player Stats
    4. Quarter Report Improvement (none for Q1)
    5. Overall Team Organization / Management.
    [​IMG]

So, let’s begin with category number one – Standings after Quarter 1.

[​IMG]

Looking at the Q1 standings, no team has pulled themselves far away from the rest of the division…although such is expected in the CHL and only 19 games completed. But the Medicine Hat Tigers have proven worthy, sitting atop of the standings with a record of 11-5-2 or 24 points. In second place is Lethbridge Hurricanes with 23 points. Third is Hitmen with 19 points. The Second half of the standings reads Kootenay with 14, Red Deer with 13, and finally Edmonton with 12 points.

The biggest take away from comparing week 1 to week 2 would be the flip that occurred in the standings – Edmonton finished week 2 with all loses (9) to go from 6-3-0 to 6-12-0. Calgary and Red Deer also did a flip as Calgary made a push in week 2 while Red Deer cooled off. Kootenay Ice has stay calm in the middle, looking to make up ground loss from each week. However, the one piece of consistency is at the top – Lethbridge and Medicine. Both teams have played consistent hockey across 18 games, combining together to have won over 60% of their games.

With that being said, the following is the rankings via the standings (1-6 automatically get 1-6 ranking):

1 – Medicine Hat Tigers (24)
    2 – Lethbridge Hurricanes (23)
    3 – Calgary Hitmen (19)
    4 – Kootenay Ice (14)
    5 – Red Deer Rebels (13)
    6 – Edmonton Oil Kings (12)
    Next up is the rankings for team stats in the WHL Central Division.

[​IMG]
    The above picture shows the team stats for the WHL, but we will focus on the Central Division only. The Team stats ranking will be based upon the average finish amongst the teams in the Central Division – whoever has the lowest of all the categories will be ranked 1st and so on. Below are such results.

1 – Calgary Hitmen (2.44)
    2 – Lethbridge Hurricanes (2.78)
    3 – Medicine Hat Tigers (3.33)
    4 – Red Deer Rebels (3.56)
    5 – Kootenay Ice (4.44)
    6 – Edmonton Oil Kings (4.56)
    The next category to rank is the player stats which will be based upon the stats of the forwards, defense, and goalie in specific categories.

This will also be included in the results after the rankings when we complete the team-by-team report. Here are the results comparing the teams together.

1 – Calgary Hitmen
    2 – Lethbridge Hurricanes
    3 – Medicine Hat Tigers
    4 – Red Deer Rebels
    5 – Edmonton Oil Kings
    6 – Kootenay Ice
    WHL Central Division Team Reports – Top Performers

[​IMG]
    Calgary Hitmen

Top 3 Forwards:

1. Memumsbum (RW) 6-0-0 36 PTS 21 G 15 A +26
    2. Cox3564 (C) 6-0-0 34 PTS 12 G 22 A +27
    3. SeanieMack (LW) 6-0-0 38 PTS 13 G 25 A +27

Top 2 Defenders:

1. Thebaldeagle69 (RD) 3-3-0 6 PTS 0 G 6 A +10
    2. Dark3lf73 (LD) 3-3-0 6 PTS 1 G 5 A +6

Top Goalie:

1. Gbhockeyboy (G) 4-3 19 GA 89 Shots 78.7 SV% 2.60 GAA 1 SO

Reflection: Looking at the five above, this is a group that definitely has a solid first line…the forwards definitely have chemistry with each other and work well for the fact that they have a total of 108 points between them. The Hitmen also have solid defense and more importantly two goalies that can handle themselves throughout each week. The only concern I see with the team is depth at the forward position. After the top line is used, the production drops drastically, but it would when you have 34, 36, and 38 points in 6 games. I think this team will make some late moves to bolster that forward position and help produce more than one line capable of putting up a lot of points.

[​IMG]

Edmonton Oil Kings

Top 3 Forwards:

1. Aviolentsoldier (C) 3-2-0 11 PTS 6 G 5 A 0
    2. PoOkY_Qc_87 (RW) 1-5-0 14 PTS 8 G 6 A -9
    3. KingiKon (LW) 3-3-0 11 PTS 4 G 7 A -1

Top 2 Defenders:

1. Check_Czech_it (LD) 2-4-0 7 PTS 0 G 7 A -2 43 H
    2. BarDownBrandon (RD) 3-3-0 6 PTS 1 G 5 A -4 15 H

Top Goalie:

1. Chrisbayley (G) 4-4 30 GA 127 Shots 76.4 SV% 3.76 GAA 0 SO

Reflection: This one is very tough to get a read on. One week 6-3-0 then the second week 0-9-0. What happened? The scoring didn’t go down…but it looks like teams in the bottom half of the WHL Central Division are catching up a little bit on the roster. Looking at the above five, the stats look fairly average at the beginning of the season. The main question I see from this team is in net as well as consistency all around. The team will have one good game, but somehow struggle in the next two. Now I would naturally say that stats in the league no matter when are skewed, but the record of the team shows that they had one good week, and one week not to remember.

[​IMG]
    Kootenay Ice

Top 3 Forwards:

1. slapshotking902 (C) 3-2-1 10 PTS 5 G 5 A +5
    2. WutangCreamx0 (RW) 3-3-0 13 PTS 5 G 8 A -6
    3. Bosanceros1992 (RW) 1-5-1 12 PTS 6 G 6 A -13

Top 2 Defenders:

1. Dprkariya9 (LD) 2-3-0 3 PTS 0 G 3 A -6 11 H
    2. Arma450 (RD) 4-2-0 7 PTS 0 G 7 A -2 19 H

Top Goalie:

1. Duges39 2-3 21 GA 81 Shots 74.1 SV% 4.14 GAA 0 SO

Reflection: Well, when it comes to this team I see a lot of potential (maybe I am biased but…) and seems like they have the pieces in the right direction with all the moves that have been made, but I’m still not sold on this team making playoffs. Something has to happen at the goalie position and being that it is the weekend aka trading is open, that may change after this week…hopefully. The forwards have been fairly consistent but not dominant as they could be. Defense seems to be finally getting some decent chemistry together and practice has been better than ever. I see this team making a few more adjustments but will ride the record until playoffs come around.

[​IMG]

Lethbridge Hurricanes

Top 3 Forwards:

1. Ryonn (C) 6-0-0 27 PTS 7 G 20 A +13
    2. KushManQc92 (RW) 6-0-0 26 PTS 16 G 10 A +13
    3. reggiecush88 (RW) 6-0-0 23 PTS 8 G 15 A +13

Top 2 Defenders:

1. CaPtAiNXmOrGaN (LD) 6-0-0 3 PTS 0 G 3 A +16 7 H
    2. Krixxixx1986 (LD) 5-1-0 5 PTS 3 G 2 A +10 5 H

Top Goalie:

1. Angl3dangle_ (G) 3-3 16 GA 91 Shots 82.4 SV% 2.58 GAA 1 SO

Reflection: I like this roster based upon the balance across the board. The Hurricanes do not rely 100% on one player and yes, they do have a line similar to the Hitmen, a combined 76 points, but they seem to have more depth than any other team so far…at each position. No goalie really stands out from the rest as that means they can rely on a few goalies. No defensemen on the team stands out from the other players…you can follow with what I am getting at here. Hopefully this team can keep the pieces together as I see them making a push for that top spot all season long.

[​IMG]
    Medicine Hat Tigers

Top 3 Forwards:

1. xDave7790x (RW) 5-1-0 19 PTS 7 G 12 A +4
    2. FackImBad (LW) 4-1-1 17 PTS 9 G 8 A +1
    3. dvays36 (RW) 2-3-1 14 PTS 7 G 7 A -6

Top 2 Defenders:

1. hemi94 (LD) 4-2-0 8 PTS 1 G 7 A +4 7 H
    2. Johnnyw19 (LD) 4-1-0 5 PTS 0 G 5 A +1 13 H

Top Goalie:

1. crazeematt1 (G) 7-4 29 GA 151 Shots 80.8 SV% 2.63 GAA 1 SO

Reflection: This team has a roster very similar to Lethbridge but hasn’t caught my eye…just yet. And I say yet, as they have depth at the forward position, two or so goalies that are hot in net, and a defense that does the job. I see this team being the other team that can make a push to the playoffs just because they have multiple set ups and lines that could be in play. Expect this team to get a lot more chemistry and practice going as they will push the Hurricanes to the last week for that top position.

[​IMG]
    Red Deer Rebels

Top 3 Forwards:

1. AlixQCKillerbox (RW) 2-4-0 16 PTS 7 G 9 A -14
    2. NJDevil29 (C) 3-3-0 13 PTS 6 G 7 A -13
    3. CloutsPO (C) 3-2-1 11 PTS 6 G 5 A -3

Top 2 Defenders:

1. BiggieSmugz14 (LD) 4-2-0 7 PTS 1 G 6 A -5 2 H
    2. Buckeyes2525 (RD) 2-3-0 7 PTS 1 G 6 A -8 7 H

Top Goalie:

1. DaBirdMan27 (G) 5-3 22 GA 113 Shots 80.5 SV% 2.57 GAA 1 SO

Reflection: This is my big question team, even more than Edmonton just because the Oil Kings had a 6-3-0 week where as Red Deer has been .500 pretty much both weeks. Not sure that I like the idea of leaning on DaBirdMan27 in net for all their games and wins so far, but no doubt the management is making moves to help out. I also see holes in the forwards and defensive position as the team has not produced that much on the offensive side. The team has the least amount of goals scored while also posting the second highest total against. Something will have to change as those statistics will not carry you to the playoffs, even as a wild card team.

Quarter Report Improvement will occur when the second quarter results come in – no report for Q1.

Finally, the last category, overall team organization and management of the team.

This will include the overall LG ratings of the culture of the team in general.

Calgary Hitmen

O – XxTHEHITMANHEART
    GM – russianphenom16
    AGM – Cox2564

Ranking: 3

Ranked third in the WHL Central in Q1 only…and I mean ONLY because they had a rough first week. They have three starting forwards who are killer hitmen, no pun intended. When one line is 18-0-0 with 108 points through those 18 games…aka 6 points per game…that’s intense. However, the depth after that starting line (including defense and goalie positions), there is a significant drop-off in production and players to lean on. Expect this team to make a full line change mid-season if they are sitting in second or even third for that matter.

Edmonton Oil Kings

O – xxcardsharkxx406
    GM – sniper261981
    AGM – Aviolentsoldier

Ranking: 6

What happened here? Did I miss something? 6-3-0 followed up by a 0-9-0 week? I’m so confused on what happened with this team. This team went full-circle in one week as they were in second place and now completely flip to last place. Moves need to be made. Chemistry needs to be made. Practice will be a necessity with each other as this team has good potential, but just need to find a way to break the nine-game losing streak…asap.

Kootenay Ice

O – nibblingwalrus
    GM – Bosanceros1992
    AGM – jetsareawesome1

Ranking: 4

Maybe I am a little biased on this one…but I like to think this team has potential. The biggest concern that comes to mind is the goalie position. Wow its is rough as they have used 4 goalies in two weeks that all post 4+ GAA so far. Not pretty. But…they have had made a bunch of moves to bolster their forwards and are starting to work out kinks at the defensive position. If this team can get another solid and consistent goalie in net, this team wins at least 2 more games each week and will be part of the playoffs come end of the season.

Lethbridge Hurricanes

O – reggiecush88
    GM – KushManQc92
    AGM – Ryonn

Ranking: 1

Definitely the most well-rounded team as there is a balance between all the forwards, all the defenders, and also includes a couple goalies that can play in any given moment. I would look to see this team make one or two more crucial moves to help give depth come crunch time later in the season.

Medicine Hat Tigers

O – TFBMLegitz2
    GM – crazeematt1
    AGM – Bold123

Ranking: 2

This team is hard to get a read on completely…I’m at 85%. The reason being is this team has some really good players but hasn’t really put up big numbers…yet. Just like Lethbridge, the Tigers are fairly well-rounded. Their one weakness may be at defense, but still have players at those positions. This team has potential to be big in the Central, but still NEED to make some more moves to get the scoring up and balance on the back side of the ice.

Red Deer Rebels

O – Leafnation_88
    GM – CloutsPO
    AGM – Notorius250

Ranking: 5

Coming in fifth is the Rebels. Now, there is potential for the Rebels to move up but a lot of transactions will have to be made and trades in general. This team has average stats, but don’t have anyone who really sticks out as a scorer, a finisher, or someone who they can rely on in every game or every line. With that being said, they haven’t been blown out of proportions…yet. Expect this team to be around the 5th spot for quarter 2 as well.

1 – Lethbridge Hurricanes
    2 – Medicine Hat Tigers
    3 – Calgary Hitmen
    4 – Kootenay Ice
    5 – Red Deer Rebels
    6 – Edmonton Oil Kings
    So that’s the general wrap-up for the WHL Central Division. Oh wait…I’m almost forgot – everyone is waiting for the Power Ranking results based upon the above categories. Well, here are the results!

1. Lethbridge Hurricanes (1.75)
    2. Calgary Hitmen (2.00)
    3. Medicine Hat Tigers (2.25)
    4. Red Deer Rebels (4.50)
    5. Kootenay Ice (4.75)
    6. Edmonton Oil Kings (5.75)
    When compared to the standings as of right now, we see that there is a difference between the standings and the Power Rankings index created by the WHL Central Division – the number at the end is showing the +/- versus the standings (number is in favor of the standings results).

1 vs. 3 Medicine Hat Tigers (+2)
    2 vs. 1 Lethbridge Hurricanes (-1)
    3 vs. 2 Calgary Hitmen (-1)
    4 vs. 5 Kootenay Ice (+1)
    5 vs. 4 Red Deer Rebels (-1)
    6 vs. 6 Edmonton Oil Kings (0)
    Finally, as a little added bonus, we will give our favorites in the WHL Central Division after Quarter 1 to make the playoffs and possibly make some damage beyond the first round. Below is a little write up about playoffs and general picture in the Central.

Based upon the rankings that we have made, our predictions show (if nothing changes dramatically, but its very young into the season…) that the WHL Central can be broken into four sections or classifications towards the playoff race.

Locked: These team(s) are in top three of the division and have played consistent hockey for the entire week / quarter.

Lethbridge Hurricanes

Calgary Hitmen

Should be in: These team(s) are in the top three of the division and have separated themselves from the rest of the division, but still have some ground to make up with the locked teams.

Medicine Hat Tigers

Work to do: These team(s) are in need of change to make it to the playoffs, whether it be chemistry, line play, or simple roster moves, this classification is on the outside looking to move forward.

Kootenay Ice

Trending out: The team(s) are trending the wrong way and progressively distanced themselves from the rest of the pack…in the wrong direction. Expect a bunch of changes to be made during the week.

Red Deer Rebels
    Edmonton Oil Kings

That’s it for us and the CHL WHL Central Division Media Team! Check in later this weekend for our weekly podcast as well as our hopeful top plays of the week – WE NEED CLIPS!!!

Finally, we will conduct this quarter report like stated above every two weeks, so check back in for the Quarter 2 report in two weeks! Have a great 3rd and 4th week in the CHL!

“And as always, keep your stick on the ice!”
    Support the news team, like, comment & share your thoughts on their work

• Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    srubrad35
  2. crazeematt1

crazeematt1 Shitter

Discord:
    xMatt26#8140
    Ratings:
    +681 / 38 / -92
    Should be in the playoffs? Bruh. @TFBMLegitz2 we being slept on or what?

FackImBad GOAT

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    MrImster
  3. Weathergeakal

Weathergeakal Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 7 / -1
    Calgary???? Whats up with your love for them?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. TFBMLegitz2

TFBMLegitz2 Legitz

Discord:
    TFBMLegitz2(Medicine Hat)#9861
    Ratings:
    +2 / 2 / -1

Future results will tell the real story, RAWR!!!!!!!

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    tfbmlegitz2
  5. PoochtowN

PoochtowN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Have you seen their first line?

No Streaming Account
  6. BarDownBrando

BarDownBrando Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    It's BarDownBrando but I mean I guess Brandon is my real name

No Streaming Account
  7. LHSbrad35

Discord:
    LHSbrad35#6806
    Ratings:
    +222 / 245 / -66
    They have one solid line which will carry them into the playoffs...didn't say how far yet in any report ;)

srubrad35
  8. LHSbrad35

Discord:
    LHSbrad35#6806
    Ratings:
    +222 / 245 / -66
    It's tough to say should be in because obvi top three go, but a little preview for where they end up down the road is in question.

srubrad35
  9. Cardinalsin47

Cardinalsin47 Betterbird

Discord:
    cardinalsin47#8757
    Ratings:
    +39 / 7 / -1
    Well done . Good read

• Like Like x 1
    Cardsin
  10. Bosanceros1992

Bosanceros1992 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -3
    • Like Like x 2
    Elbosanac1992
  11. reggiecush88

reggiecush88 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -9
    Yea good write up bud keep em coming , thanks for the love

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. LHSbrad35

Discord:
    LHSbrad35#6806
    Ratings:
    +222 / 245 / -66
    Any time...I try to keep things neutral at least so hopefully I haven't driven anyone nuts on the reports...yet ;) haha - I just would like to get clips of games and plays from everyone!!!

srubrad35
  13. LHSbrad35

Discord:
    LHSbrad35#6806
    Ratings:
    +222 / 245 / -66
    I must have thought why not sneak an n in there...nah no doubt Word went and corrected me on it...I type it there to do the format first! My fault :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    srubrad35
  14. LHSbrad35

Discord:
    LHSbrad35#6806
    Ratings:
    +222 / 245 / -66
    Thanks Boss I try hahah

srubrad35
  15. jcoch33

jcoch33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 9 / -13

Let me know when Oshawa is involved and I will get you some from my streams

cochhockey33
  16. Maazal xx

Maazal xx buddy biggy

Ratings:
    +35 / 58 / -63
    :team380::thinking:

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    alixinovx92
  17. XxTHEHITMANHEART

XxTHEHITMANHEART #98 C / Owner Calgary Hitmen

Discord:
    kennethon3000(Calgary hitmen O)#8372
    Ratings:
    +247 / 15 / -26
    Good job boys keep up the great work!

• Like Like x 1
    kennethon3
  18. NONEbutTHEbrave

NONEbutTHEbrave 7x Rocket Richard, 3x Hart, 1x Conn Smythe

Ratings:
    +222 / 41 / -28
    1d60d224b4a8991561b9f6523bfce119.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    Knifeinyourguts
  19. PrometheusXVII

PrometheusXVII Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Prometheus (Wheat Kings Owner)#1251
    Ratings:
    +53 / 6 / -7

*Cough*

Great analysis though. Very interesting.

No Streaming Account
  20. LHSbrad35

Discord:
    LHSbrad35#6806
    Ratings:
    +222 / 245 / -66
    Take the criticism any time! Thanks a bunch!

srubrad35