Will LG ever play at Kapalua...

Discussion in 'TFC Ontario Soccer - Previous Gen' started by jmarks2001, Feb 24, 2004.

1. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Will LG ever play at

...or any other future DL courses?

Right now it's not a big deal, but say there are two more released in the next 4-5 months. If the leagues (single and team) are still going strong, it would be nice to throw them into the mix. Because the courses are Premium DLC, not everyone will have them. Probably not a big deal for the singles league, if you don't have it, just don't play that week. But it definitely poses a problem for the team league.

Here's a poll to get an idea of who has bought/will buy PDLC courses for Links 2k4. Only members of Links singles and/or team leagues answer please.

No Streaming Account
  2. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good poll.

I voted for the first option. I think Kapalua is a great value at $5 and will happily buy any additional courses that they put out (assuming they are of similar quality).

I have a feeling the next course will be a freebie though, to make up for the patch problems, stat problems, etc.

As for the league(s) here using Kapalua or any other premium DLC, I'm not so sure. I'd love to work Kapalua into the 2nd season of both leagues, and a 1st season for the potential match play no skillz league, but unless we have nearly everyone buying the courses, it probably won't happen.

No Streaming Account
  3. jmarks2001

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's what I figured. But so far we have 9 definites and 2 maybes, and only 2 absolutely nots.

I know they've said that these courses will be usable in Links 2005, now I don't know if that means we'll have to use the ones we downloaded or they will ship with 2005 (and everyone will get them regardless if they bought them this year or not). If they don't ship with the game, it would be a shame to have this year's courses and any new ones next year not be playable at LG.

No Streaming Account
  4. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree. When the next game comes out, and we are in season 4 or whatever, I'm sure we'll be ready for some new courses by then, paid DLC or not.

No Streaming Account
  5. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I purchased Kapalua and will definetly buy any future courses. This is a great game and will support and extra content for it.

No Streaming Account
  6. Patriarch

Patriarch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Personally, I DL'd Kapalua. However, I totally empathize with those who refuse to. You've got to vote with your wallet.

If it turns out the majority has the DLC, it doesn't necessarily mean we should incorporate it into the team events.

No Streaming Account
  7. jmarks2001

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    bump

No Streaming Account
  8. SlapHappy

SlapHappy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No matter how hard I try for this to not sound rude, it's probably going to anyways. Oh well...I don't think LG should limit what courses it uses based on the decisions of some of the people involved. It would seem already from the poll that a respectable majority of us have DL'd the course, and the admins should be free to set up tournaments on whatever courses they choose (since, after all, they're available to everyone). I understand some people's decision to not purchase the courses, but it's just that: a decision.

For season 1, there should not be any PDLC courses used for the team league. However, perhaps you guys (the LG admins) should let people know before season 2 begins that PDLC courses will be used, and that players should only sign up if they intend to purchase the courses.

I don't want to rekindle the buy/don't buy debate, but I can tell you that I spend 5 bucks on a trip to Burger King for food that I'll enjoy for about 20 minutes. For someone to purchase a golf course that will provide dozens of hours of enjoyment (for the same price as a cheeseburger and fries) seems like a perfectly reasonable expectation.

...my 2-and-a-half cents. :roll:

No Streaming Account
  9. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i think kapalua would make a great tour championship site for season 2.

No Streaming Account
  10. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    SlapHappy's rude :p

No Streaming Account
  11. SlapHappy

SlapHappy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Zip it up, zippy. :evil:

No Streaming Account
  12. Muitao

Muitao Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I totally agree with Slap.

No Streaming Account
  13. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree 5$ isn't alot considering how well done these courses are. I'd rather they release new courses to hold us over until the next game then to not release any at all.

No Streaming Account
  14. Conner McCloud

Conner McCloud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would love a team event at the new Ocean Mill, that at least shouldn't be a big deal.

I too highly request using PDL courses in our matches. I know it might tick some off, but if you are a hardcore golf nut playing this game several months after it's been released, I don't know why you wouldn't drop $5 for the extra content. (I don't mean to be insensitive to those that have a beef with the whole "Its the principle!" thing).

No Streaming Account
  15. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ocean Mill DC is going to part of all of the leagues, since it's a free download.

We didn't include Kapalua in the first season for the singles and team leagues because it wasn't available to everyone when the schedule was created.

Now that it's available world wide and to our friends up North, I too would like to see it included in season 2 for all of the league here, at a minimum for the singles stroke league. You have my vote there.

Destroyer, Denman, Tris10, Shush, care to comment?

No Streaming Account
  16. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I havn't purchased it yet but I am tempted to as it is only 5 bucks and we did get the OM DC course for free.

No Streaming Account