WJ Season 4 Post-Week 1 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'NHL Jr PSN' started by crazeematt1, Aug 16, 2018.

1. crazeematt1

crazeematt1 Saint John Shitters Owner

Discord:
    xMatt26#8140
    Ratings:
    +549 / 32 / -73
    Welcome to my post week 1 power rankings. Gonna make another disclaimer and say that once again, these rankings are my opinion, and I’m not really showing bias towards my team. *cough cough* Chernoble29 *cough cough*. I throw some minor trash talk in here so if you won’t be able to handle it, click out now. I don’t want a bunch of crybabies down there in the comment section, thank you :). It’s a lot of reading so feel free to jump around. Also note that I wrote this before any roster moves were made (other than Canada’s 2 moves and 1 move from Kaz). First of all here’s the standings:

The “Why are all the shit teams in one division” Division

1. Team USA (6-1-2) – 24 GF 16 GA – 14 PTS

2. Team Italy (4-4-1) – 21 GF 22 GA – 9 PTS

3. Team Germany (3-6-0) – 13 GF 22 GA – 6 PTS

4. Team Drakkar (3-6-0) – 19 GF 40 GA – 6 PTS

5. Team Canada (2-7-0) – 10 GF 27 GA – 4 PTS

The “O-jay fix these divisions this is unfair for us” Division

1. Team Petes (8-1-0) – 31 GF 14 GA – 16 PTS

2. Team Kuwait (7-1-1) – 26 GF 15 GA – 15 PTS

3. Team Kaz (6-3-0) – 45 GF 25 GA – 12 PTS

4. Team Russia (4-4-1) – 24 GF 27 GA – 9 PTS

5. Team Sweden (2-4-3) – 27 GF 32 GA – 7 PTS

First we’ll focus in on the “Why are all the shit teams in one division” Division and updated grades. I’m trying to match the x/10 scale with the same one I used from the pre-tourney rankings (like a 5/10 on here would be the same as a 5/10 in pre-tourney) but it won’t be perfect. Sorry.

Team USA

Pre-Tourney: (30/30)

Forwards: 10/10

Defense: 10/10

Goalies: 10/10

Projected: 1st Place | Actual: 3rd Place

Post-Week 1:

Forwards: 4/10. The forwards outside of the Salda/Quavo/Wadden line have underperformed from my initial expectations. The Revive Legacy, Chirp, SquatRack line is 2-0-1 but they only have 6, 5, and 5 respectively. I will give SquatRack credit for his 19 takeaways. The third line has been a complete bust, with UndeadK, Chris, and TaPoisse combining for 3 points. UndeadK and TaPoisse have yet to record a point in 3 games. What appeared to be 3 dominant lines has turned out to be one dominant line with an average second line and a poor third line. The talent is still there but it’s not translating to anything.

Defense: 10/10. The defense has given up only 16 goals this tourney, less than 2 GPG. Dustinkeefe leads the way in the TA/GA department with a +6. Rusty sits in 2nd with a -3 but also has 4 assists in his 3 games, and Gubplt also has 3 points as well as Black Fire and Jphilly. The D core is as solid as I thought it would be.

Goalies: 10/10. RxLegitimate has a save % over 90 and Pikachu is sitting below him with an 87.8 SV%. Dbtp also played 2 games in net as a TC and has an 83.3 SV%. The goalies on USA are as good as I thought they would be through week one. ‘Nuff said.

TOTAL: (24/30)

Team Italy

Pre-Tourney: (18/30)

Forwards: 4/10

Defense: 5/10

Goalies: 9/10

Projected: 8th Place | Actual: 5th Place

Post-Week 1:

Forwards: 3/10. The center core is doing a pretty miserable job on faceoffs outside of Freddy, with 2 centers having a 40.8% FO. Freddy on the other hand is playing well with 7 points as well as a 57% FO. He was a solid pick. The LWs are also very meh and kind of useless, racking up 13 points in 9 games. The RW position is even weaker with 12 points in 9 games, but Bosanceros has 7 of those. First round pick Leafnation has 2 points in 3 games. Big OOF. Right now I’m seeing an average 1st line and nothing below it. To summarize it, Italy is barely over 2 GPG, only scoring more than 3 goals twice.

Defense: 7/10. Bubbin is chilling with a +10 T/G and only 7 giveaways in 3 games, the only positive T/G on the team. The rest of the defensive core is generally playing well, and it appears that the dmen play very defensively given none of them have 3 points or more. The d core looks strong but it looks like they don’t get involved in the play based on their point totals, which could hurt them down the line.

Goalies: 8/10. Dghigs has a SV% over 87 and has taken the number one job by the looks of it. Dalton_radford has a save percentage almost 10 points lower at 77.8%, but that could also be worse. Not amazing numbers, but it’s serviceable for a backup goalie.

TOTAL: (18/30)

Team Germany

Pre-Tourney: (9/30)

Forwards: 2/10

Defense: 6/10

Goalies: 1/10

Projected: 10th Place | Actual: T-8th Place

Post-Week 1:

Forwards: 1/10. Germany is at around 1.5 GPG. King_katool has been a complete bust with 1 point in 3 games as the 6th overall pick. Chernoble has a positive T/G with 2 points. He could pass as a dman. He probably wants me to rate Germany’s forwards 10/10, otherwise I’m biased. The three centers have 4 points in 9 games. Soupy is also a bust with the 2nd round pick with 2 points in 3 games. There are only 2 forwards over 1 PPG and they have 5 points each. I was criticized for giving a poor rating to this group of forwards because chemistry matters more than stats, but there’s clearly zero chemistry here. Sorry.

Defense: 4/10. Neal is performing like I expected him to: a first pair dman. He’s rocking 2 points with a +5 T/G. Mratchet is also performing just like I said with his 6 PIM in 3 games. I can’t wait for him to play 19, LG will have to make it so there’s 2 hours between games if he’s playing. It also looks like Germany tried to beat the system by playing Kokobware 4 games this week. And it looks like it worked as he won his 4th game. At the same time though, if you wanted to play that way, wouldn’t you play Neal 4 games during the week? Atleast be a smart rule breaker. To end it off, Mikenaughty is killin it with his -19 T/G in two games, and similar to Italy, it doesn’t look like the dmen get into the play as none of them have a PPG other EdmOil who is a TC.

Goalies: 8/10. I was wrong about the goalies, Mikeandmel is exceeding expectations as is Vandoos with an 84 and 80 SV% respectively. You guys proved me wrong.

TOTAL: (13/30)

Team Drakkar (Czech)

Pre-Tourney: (16/30)

Forwards: 3/10

Defense: 8/10

Goalies: 5/10

Projected: 9th Place | Actual: T-8th Place

Post-Week 1:

Forwards: 2/10. Alright Doubledose let’s see you dislike my post again. I said you weren’t worth it last time and I’ll say it again. You aren’t worth it with your 4 points in 3 games. Boosted could be worse with a 3rd round pick as he’s over 2 PPG, and while Kuffnlink exceeds expectations with 7 points, he has an abysmal 38% FO. Someone pull a Flames vs. Canucks line brawl and have a dman take the opening draw, they would have better luck. I expect Kstormmmm to reach 2 PPG by the time the preliminaries end but I’m not seeing any potential for this team to do anything in the playoffs. I don’t even see a first line here.

Defense: 8/10. 4 guys on the team have a positive T/G but they’re not getting a 10/10 because of the 40 goals allowed, the most in the tournament. I’ll give them that they have arguably the toughest schedule of the tourney, but at 40 GA in a week I’m again not seeing a way for them to move through the playoffs, regardless of how good their T/Gs are. Just for the stats, Wizard is at +4, Sniz at +3, S-C-A-R at +4, and HELLOVATER at +4. Sniz was a good late pick in the 13th round.

Goalies: 3/10. Both starting tendys are under the 80 SV% mark, with Jayyyb sitting around a 76, his career CHL mark. Good use of a second round pick. Even against tough teams, I would expect atleast one goalie to be over the 80% line considering the defensive group they have in front of them, but I guess the entire defensive side of the Czech is simply overwhelmed. Atleast that’s my guess. Rip Enragedfury.

TOTAL: (14/30)

Team Canada

Pre-Tourney: (19/30)

Forwards: 6/10

Defense: 5/10

Goalies: 8/10

Projected: 6th Place | Actual: 10th Place

Post-Week 1:

Forwards: 1/10. I don’t know what’s up. The forwards should be better than how they’re playing. Canada has 10 goals in 9 games and didn’t even score till I believe their 4th game? Like I said in pre-tourney rankings, they lack a 1st line center, but I was wrong when I said “could be better, could be worse.” It can’t get worse. The centers combined are under 1 PPG. Drew is once again excelling at faceoffs while NJDevil is a pylon, under 40%. Bear has 0 points and Shottygun has been a 1st round bust with 1 point in 3 games (still planning to talk smack?). They also have the season 7 version of Khaoz who is at 1 PPG; season 8 Khaoz packed his bags and left after playoff elimination. Hainesy is also a bust in the 3rd round as is pretty much every forward. There isn’t a roster forward with 2 PPG. Calling up DJ was a good move, one of the best players who didn’t get drafted, but I don’t know what’s up with Canada. It has to be chemistry problems, because the forwards aren’t bad, but who knows.

Defense: 3/10. I said this would be a boom or bust set of D, and it’s looking like a bust. Torieturtle is looking like his brother Bailmoney with that -17 T/G. On the other hand, Bailmoney looks like Torieturtle with a -3 T/G. Can we get a check please and make sure they’re not playing on each other’s accounts? Cviking is meh and a bust in the 5th round, Camotrucker is meh, and Spacepilot is meh, atleast so far. Bostonbruins who got called up also looks kind of meh. I’m not seeing a real first pair here. They’ve allowed 3 GPG.

Goalies: 8/10. For the exact same reason as Italy. A dominant number one goalie in XileJohn (85.7 SV%) and a serviceable backup in ItsYourBoyBlue (77.9 SV%).

TOTAL: (12/30)

Onto the second division. The “O-jay fix these divisions this is unfair for us” division. Same style of rankings as the other division.

Team Petes (Swiss)

Pre-Tourney: (26/30)

Forwards: 10/10

Defense: 9/10

Goalies: 7/10

Projected: 2nd Place | Actual: 1st Place

Post-Week 1:

Forwards: 9/10. Switzerland’s forwards are doing their job with over 3 GPG and the 2nd most goals in the tourney at 31. The centers are flipping awesome. All three centers are over 2 PPG and are at or over 57% on faceoffs. TeachMe is at a ridiculous 62.5%. Wutangcream in the 12th round was a good steal. I’m still surprised Bruqc went to pick 58, as I was gonna take him with pick 59, fuck you Jcoch. Bruqc has 13 points in 3 games and was obviously a steal. LaPointe only has 5 points but I expect him to get to 2 PPG or more by the end of the preliminaries. Schmidty is just over 2 PPG just like in the CHL while Dragonowlz looks like a bust as a 5th round pick with only 3 points. He’s looking like the weakest link which is crazy.

Defense: 10/10. The defense is very good on both sides of the ice, posting 16 points in 18 games combined. D_sIs has the best T/G with a -1, and while no one else has a very good T/G, clearly something is being done right when you allow 14 goals in 9 games. I can’t take that away from them.

Goalies: 10/10. The goalies were taken in the 8th and 13th rounds, which normally wouldn’t pan out well, but they’ve made it work. Murbayn has broken our with an 87.5 SV% and Spectre who flew under the radar as one of the best, if not the best goalie in the draft, has the exact same save percentage.

TOTAL: (29/30)

Team Kuwait

Pre-Tourney: (25/30)

Forwards: 8/10

Defense: 9/10

Goalies: 8/10

Projected: 4th Place | Actual: 2nd Place

Post-Week 1:

Forwards: 8/10. 5/9 forwards are at 2 PPG or more. In terms of center, all 3 centers are exceptional in the faceoff circle. Artdv is tied with Brandongray for most points with 8 and both were steals in the 12th round and final pick of the draft. QC BARBEY and DomP have the worst stats yet both are solid players. I see 2 dominant lines with a 3rd line looking to breakout in a big way (I’m too lazy to see who’s on what line. Could be mixed and matched).

Defense: 10/10. Triplemdemo carries a +8 T/G coming into the end of week 1 and was a good pick in the 10th round. The d core overall looks solid and is similar to Team Swiss. Not the best T/Gs, but they allow so few goals (15) that they’re clearly doing things right. Also add in the goalie’s high SV%s, it shows the dmen aren’t allowing many good chances.

Goalies: 10/10. BR_549er is living up to his name and Beast is also playing extraordinarily well, posting an 88.6 and 84.8 SV%. Both are under 2 GAA and combined have 3 shutouts.

TOTAL: (28/30)

Team Kazakhstan

Pre-Tourney: (26/30)

Forwards: 9/10

Goalies: 9/10

Projected: 3rd Place | Actual: 4th Place

Post-Week 1:

Forwards: 10/10. Kaz has 5 GPG and a total of 45 goals scored during the tournament. There’s a single roster forward under 2 PPG and every other forward is at 3 PPG or more. The one thing that needs to be improved on is Dommy’s 38 FO%, which is extremely low. I plan on having Ryan take faceoffs for him instead week 2 . If having 6 forwards with 10 points or more on your roster means you’re a one line team, then I want whatever you’ve been drinking. Any comments, Saldaman? Mmm.

Defense: 9/10. The LD spot has played well with Ryan and Mike both having 3 points and positive T/Gs at +5 apiece. On the right side, Heaters has 5 points and a 0 T/G and Truue has 4 points and a +2 T/G. Lynyrd_Skynyrd appears to be the weakest defenseman of the starting 6 but he only has a -9 T/G which could definitely be worse. Bure was sent to TC but it was for a reason unrelated to his stats and performance. The rating is not a 10 because Kaz is giving up almost 3 GPG. 11 of these goals are completely on myself from Wednesday night, but to remain unbiased I’m gonna grade the D based on GA just like I did with every other team. This is similar to the Czech D ranking except I upped Kaz by a point since we’ve allowed 15 less goals.

Goalies: 7/10. Tabbs has been carrying the load with 2 shutouts and an 82.8 SV%. Matt’s accepted the fact that he’s a shitter and blew 2 games on Wednesday on cheap goals. Just ask MajorLazer. Despite allowing 11 goals in 2 games his SV% is still 81.8, still making this a solid goalie duo.

TOTAL: (26/30)

Team Russia

Pre-Tourney: (19/30)

Forwards: 5/10

Defense: 7/10

Goalies: 7/10

Projected: 7th Place | Actual: T-5th Place

Post-Week 1:

Forwards: 5/10. The forwards for Russia are pretty average. The Drummondville line with Shaggy and Cinema which you’d assume would do well isn’t, and they’re playing like pylons. Keleher leads the LWs with 8 points and was a nice pick in the 8th round. The centers are okay with MathHabs leading but all 3 centers are pretty garbage at faceoffs. MathHabs is at exactly 50% so I guess he’s doing okay? If you put all the good players on a line right now, it looks like there would be one good line with an average second and a weak third, similar to the US, so I’m giving them the same rating.

Defense: 8/10. Sherer and Jerry are both solid on the left side, being +3 and +2 in the T/G as well as having 5 points combined. Ristolainen isn’t a bad player either. All 3 RD are very good as well in Walrus, Rapple, and Salami, although none of them have any points. It’s a solid defensive core.

Goalies: 8/10. Same story as multiple other teams. An exceptional goalie along with a weaker backup, in this case a rusty MajorLazer. MajorLazer has played 6 games though for what I assume are availability issues for WarChyld. Even though it’s 8/10, expect the quality of goaltending to drop this week with Major going on vacation. WarChyld will have to carry the load.

TOTAL: (21/30)

Team Sweden

Pre-Tourney: (21/30)

Forwards: 7/10

Goalies: 6/10

Projected: 5th Place | Actual: 7th Place

Post-Week 1:

Forwards: 5/10. I congratulated Sweden on taking LMNO second to last and I’ll do it again. LMNO leads the centers with 8 points and a 57% FO. Bigfoot on the other hand is looking like a first round bust as is Beaverclops since both are winless. Beaverclops is at 2 PPG which could be worse. Bklyntony is having a much better tourney than S3 posting 3 PPG and Mr-T leads all forwards with 10 points. The forward core is decent but the 3rd line is super weak and the Beaverclops/Bigfoot line is trending in the wrong direction.

Defense: 5/10. The defensive group right now looks pretty average and nothing more than that. Wamstan leads the D offensively with 4 points while Elspicoli leads the T/G with a -1. Could be a better D group, could be worse. They’re allowing around 3.5 GPG.

Goalies: 1/10. Well, now that I can’t give Vandoos and Mikeandmel a 1, these guys can take it instead. Neither goalie is even at a 70 SV%. Conman thought it was funny that I gave him a 6/10 because I didn’t know his ability and I now see why: I should’ve given him a way lower rating initially. He might wanna go back to D. There’s nothing to say other than Conman is 0-6 and Earl has a SV% of 68.4. There were so many better options than Earl. Sweden has a hard schedule but come on.

TOTAL: (11/30)

Overall Power Rankings Post-Week 1:

Some rankings were readjusted (out of order in terms of x/30) with explanations as to why:

1. Team Swiss (29/30)

2. Team Kuwait (28/30)

3. Team Kaz (26/30)

4. Team USA (24/30)

5. Team Italy (18/30)

6. Team Russia (21/30)

7. Team Canada (12/30)

8. Team Sweden (11/30)

9. Team Czech (14/30)

10. Team Germany (13/30)

*Team Italy placed ahead of Team Russia because Russia will most likely be using Joshleaman as goalie for atleast 3 games since Major will be gone. Josh isn’t a very good goalie.

*Team Canada placed above Team Czech and Team Germany. Team Canada has more talent within each forward and I expect their chemistry to work a little better week 2. Team Czech is Team Drakkar so they already have chemistry, and they’re still pretty bad. Team Germany can’t score.

*Team Sweden placed over Team Czech and Team Germany because Team Sweden has better offense. Despite atrocious goaltending, I don’t think Czech nor Germany has the offense to take advantage of that.

Best of luck for week 2!

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    MrImster
  2. king_katool

king_katool Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 7 / -1
    Complete bust... accurate

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. JRGreaterThan

JRGreaterThan Sally Dobbs

Ratings:
    +134 / 14 / -16
    TA/GA irrelevant stat. take a look at the Av's best defenders stats. some of the worst ratio's you'll ever see. but they score all the points and pick up all the dubs.

you can do what I do on AHL xbox, constantly sui your wingers on the breakout over and over again. its their giveaway, not yours. and rack up a +14 TA GA

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. JRGreaterThan

Ratings:
    +134 / 14 / -16
    just my opinion

No Streaming Account
  5. HELLOVATER

HELLOVATER D FENCE

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    Lol accurate. We can’t score and that’s not my job ;)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Murbayn

Murbayn Don't just be compliant, be passionate!

Ratings:
    +19 / 2 / -0
    Great write up again man. Appreciate you doing this!

• Like Like x 1
    Murbayn
  7. WizardInBlack72

WizardInBlack72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -2
    Thanks for the press. FYI Ive been kicked off team because I didnt come back from lagout in 3rd when we were down huge. Thanks Dave.

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. Space_Pilot3000

Space_Pilot3000 Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 5 / -7
    Watch one Team Canada game and you'll know why we suck. Skate to the slot, turn the puck over, repeat. Italy collapsed 5 guys into the slot and still we had people trying to skate right into it or pass through it.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. JRGreaterThan

Ratings:
    +134 / 14 / -16
    Swiss check?

No Streaming Account
  10. Space_Pilot3000

Space_Pilot3000 Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 5 / -7
    I wish check

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Heaters50in07

Heaters50in07 Sean

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -1
    mmm the CHL specialty

No Streaming Account
  12. crazeematt1

Discord:
    xMatt26#8140
    Ratings:
    +549 / 32 / -73
    Yeah T/G isn’t always accurate, but there’s nothing else to really judge on other than points. It’s all I could do with defensive ratings. Come post-week 2 there will be a different grading format.

MrImster
  13. crazeematt1

Discord:
    xMatt26#8140
    Ratings:
    +549 / 32 / -73
    That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

MrImster
  14. crazeematt1

Discord:
    xMatt26#8140
    Ratings:
    +549 / 32 / -73
    You know I love you lol :)

MrImster
  15. GuruGreg79

GuruGreg79 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GuruGreg79#5238
    Ratings:
    +45 / 6 / -2
    Thanks for the write-up here, Matt. I can't argue with too much: we set up a defense-minded team and haven't gotten the O to click much yet. That said, 2 goals is enough to win when you can pull a shutout.

And we can't do anything about our division, but you probably should put Russia above us since they beat us last night head-to-head. We're doing better than projected and still feel like we can make strides in week 2.

• Like Like x 4
    GuruGreg79
  16. JuusoRiikola2

JuusoRiikola2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 86 / -54
    I don’t bust!!

No Streaming Account
  17. crazeematt1

Discord:
    xMatt26#8140
    Ratings:
    +549 / 32 / -73
    :)

MrImster
  18. rusty88777

rusty88777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -3
    "Rusty sits in 2nd with a -3 but also has 4 assists in his 3 games"
    should be 4 assists in 2 games

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. iMaBEASTkidd19

iMaBEASTkidd19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 3 / -7
    Great job man! Well done! Reading these things are awesome! Good luck to everyon in week 2...

• Like Like x 3
    sleeves1989
  20. GucciRollie-Hype

GucciRollie-Hype Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 2 / -6
    I'm offended 4/10 :goblin::goblin::goblin:

• Funny Funny x 1
    xWadden32x