WJ Season 4 Pre-Tourney Power Rankings

Discussion in 'NHL Jr PSN' started by crazeematt1, Aug 11, 2018.

1. crazeematt1

crazeematt1 World Juniors Kazakhstan Owner

Discord:
    matt#8140
    Ratings:
    +456 / 26 / -63
    Please remember that this is all my opinion, you are free to agree or disagree but don't make a massive deal out of it. I know my grammar will be off as well since I wrote this at 2 AM, there's probably words missing too. If you don't like your ranking, prove me wrong! Best of luck to everyone this season.

General Ratings

Team Canada

Owner: Bear-_-48

GM: Torieturtle26

Forwards: 6/10.
    Team Canada made a good first round choice by taking a proven RW in XXSHOTTYGUNXX who has 288 pts in 113 games. The rest of the forwards are not bad, but in my opinion there were better options when some of the forwards were chosen, Hainesy at 28th for example feels a little high to me. They lack a real first line center, with it looking like NJDevil29 or Drew is their number one stats wise. Could be better, could be worse. I will say Drew is amazing at faceoffs with a 58%. None of the wingers are bad but again I don’t see an elite option right now other than Shotty; I just don’t see a true first line. The forwards have the ability to hold their own but I don’t know if they have enough talent to bring enough offense deep in the playoffs.

Defense: 5/10.
    The defense is headlined by GM Torieturtle and Bailmoney. Both are good dmen, but Bailmoney at spot 13 seemed a little early as I wouldn’t call him an elite defenseman at a -53 T/G in 9 games this season. The rest of the D core involve a lot of question marks. SpacePilot and Camotrucker both have minimal or no stats at D. This was Cviking’s first season and he only played 8 games at D. Worshiper has only 3 games at D but has a +1 T/G. If he can keep that up, he may be one of the best steals of the draft at pick 93. Right now I feel that the defense has some potential but they don’t have the stats to back it. Could be a big boom or a big bust.

Goalies: 8/10.
    I’ll admit that XIle’s skill was an absolute steal at pick 148. I think guys passed on him for his trash talking that he can’t back. ItssYourBoyBlue also wasn’t a bad pick at 108. Not the best goalie in the world but absolutely a serviceable option. It’s crucial that Canada gets the season 7 version of Xile and not the season 8 version or they could be in some deep trouble.

Team Czech Republic

Owner: DirtyNewf613

GM: actiondave13

Forwards: 3/10.
    My mind is blown with taking Doubledose86 number 1 overall. I get this is a tourney to pick up some buddies and have some fun but this was just… meh. He could’ve easily been grabbed later in the draft. He had 4 points in 6 games last tourney and was barely over 2 PPG during season 8. I just don’t get it. Boosted2gg is a good player but I don’t think he was worth pick 21 either. Add a center with a 47% FO with 27 points in 20 games, and I’m just confused. I will admit that phillygonaspanku was a great pick at pick 100, and ToneCarbone despite having no center stats is a very feasible center. Kstorm is also very good. But when your best forwards are picked at 61 and 100, can you really think very highly of this offense? I’m not seeing it right now.

Defense: 8/10.
    Team Czech did a great job on the defensive side. HELLOVATER was a very good pick being one of the best dmen in the draft (honestly, I’m surprised he lasted till pick 40), and taking S-C-A-R with pick 81 isn’t bad at all. Coffey at pick 101 was a steal and a trio of Sniz, Duval, and Wizard is a very nice second half to a solid set of dmen.

Goalies: 5/10.
    This is a rating that could change very quickly. Enragedfury was a great late pickup and someone flying under the radar for the draft. I was actually gonna grab him the pick before, but I passed and hoped he wouldn’t get taken. RIP me. He should be a very viable starter with a career SV % of 80.6, but taking Jayyyyb with their second-round pick… I’m scratching my head like that Jackie Chan meme. You know, this one: https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg. I just don’t get how drafting a 76 SV% goalie with pick 20 made any sense. I’m sorry, but it could’ve been such a better goalie duo. No offense jayyyyb.

Team Germany

Owner: SgtVandoos

GM: mikeandmel85

Forwards: 2/10.
    Being that both management members are goalies, they could fully focus on the skaters. On the forward end, it doesn’t look so good. Their 3 centers are Chernoble, Olivier, and King_Katool. Chernoble at 55 is too high in my opinion, I’d argue that he’s a third line center at best. Picking Olivier at 95th wasn’t bad as he’s over 2 PPG but he has a 47% FO. King_Katool isn’t someone I would call amazing but considering how thin the center pool was this go round, it was a very smart pick and he could serve as a decent first line center. Their LWs aren’t bad with Soupy and Burrows, but Burrows is unproven (he has a high ceiling however). DoctorJackal hasn’t produced since season 6, picking up 9 points in 6 games in the season 3 WJ. The RWs combined are 19-46-3 with 94 points, good for 1.52 PPG, and most of that comes from MrHappyHappy. Unless Soupy, Burrows, and Jackal have breakouts, I don’t see this forward group being competive in the tourney.

Defense: 6/10.
    I don’t see a true first d pair on this team. Maybe NealRambo and Commodore? Maybe mikenaughty? Neal is a former Xbox CHL dman and considering the talent has had 30 seasons to improve over there, his stats from there would probably look better over here. He has the potential to be one of the best dmen in the tournament. Keithguy and Kokobware don’t look bad but nonetheless I don’t see a clear top d pair here. One thing is for sure though, this team will get some good PK practice with mratchet on the squad. With 43 PIM this season and 50 PIM last season, get ready to feast on the PP boys. This set of guys could be another boom or bust set of dmen.

Goalies: 1/10.
    I’m sorry. I get that these guys are both management but both of their numbers are really low. Vandoos has a career 74 SV% with Mikeandmel behind with an abysmal 64 SV%. Can you even be competitive with a save percentage that low? The goalies are good guys but I don’t know how competitive they’ll be able to be especially against top teams. I don’t see them taking their team very far.

Team Italy

Owner: paparobkingsrule

GM: GuruGreg79

Forwards: 4/10.
    The center group on this team is one of the better trios. I’m assuming Charles will be playing center for the team. He’s not the best on faceoffs but had a very nice breakout season picking up 65 points, and in a pretty thin center draft he was a good pick at number 17. MrFreddy is a very underrated center who wasn’t racking up the points but does his job very well, posting a 55% FO. Andrewcarlisle is over 2 PPG as a center but is the weakest of the 3, carrying a 44% FO. Andrew’s not a bad player and is still a good center but not good enough for pick 57 in my opinion. The LWs on the team are very underwhelming, which isn’t that surprising since the one taken earliest was pick 77. Beeen is the best of the three with 44 points in 24 games this season. Dominick isn’t a bad LW but Heedlessjem has no LW stats. They have center stats but a 40% FO, so I’m hoping the plan wasn’t center for him. The RWs are not bad at all but there isn’t a true 1st liner. Leafnation was taken 4th overall despite having just over 2 PPG career at RW, that wasn’t a very good pick. Wadden l32l, Beaverclops, Shottygun, and DomP123 were all guys who were available who have better numbers. Overall I don’t see a real 1st line in this group of forwards. Good pieces, but not really any elite pieces other than Charles. The left side is very weak.

Defense: 5/10.
    The Italians drafted very good dmen in TheHaunted and Bubbin. Bubbin at 84th was a complete steal, posting a -1 T/G in 19 games this season. GuruGreg is a very serviceable dman and Paparob is unproven but his numbers seem fine. GodsGift with pick 64 was their first drafted dman. I expect Bubbin to be the leader of this d core which looks pretty average considering no dman was drafted till the 6th round. We’ll see if waiting that long comes back to bite them, even if both management are dmen.

Goalies: 9/10.
    Italy has one of the best set of goalies in the tourney. Dalton was taken 97th with an 83.1 SV% and a 2.08 GAA, an absolute steal. Dghigs was taken 44th, and even though his career SV% is 78, he was probably the most underrated goalie in the draft list and he’s better than his numbers show. You could give Higs 6 and Dalton 3 a week and I would still be scared.

Team Kazakhstan

Owner: crazeematt1

GM: BOMBSQUAD-ryan

Forwards: 9/10.
    With the 2nd pick in the draft Team Kaz took arguably the best center of the draft in Chel__Legend. The entire winger group is very strong, with the weakest member being chasenewman17 at 2.26 PPG this season. The first line should play very well with Chel, Fog, and Avalanche, posting 327 points in 125 career games combined. There are questions at center with Clutch and Dommy, but both are serviceable options at just under 2 PPG, with Clutch boasting a FO% over 57. Even if Clutch and Dommy don’t perform to their best ability, the wingers should be able to help balance that out. Kaz has a formidable first line with high potential for the 2nd and 3rd lines to be lethal as well. The biggest potential problem will be penalties, if they keep those down they’ll do great.

The defense is led by the GM Ryan who posted an obscene +34 T/G in season 8 as well as a +8 T/G for season 7 Regina. The team took two very good defensemen in Bure and Heaters with picks 22 and 42, who combined had a -13 T/G in 39 games. Lynyrd_Skynyrd was taken 102nd overall, another good pick at that point of the draft. The two question marks on the team are Kotkaniemi and ItzTrue. Kotkaniemi has no d stats and at pick 62 will have to meet expectations. ItzTrue’s T/G was a little concerning at -54 in season 7, which isn’t bad but isn’t very good either.

Goalies: 9/10.
    The goalie duo involves crazeematt1 and tabbs85 (I love talking about myself in the third person). Matt’s career SV% is just under 80 due to him sucking butt in playoffs, but he had a very good season 8 after a poor season 7 (77 SV%). He posted an 81.9 SV% in season 8, very similar to his 82 SV% from season 6. Tabbs85 finished season 8 with an very respectable 81.1 SV% to his name. Together the two should be a very good duo along with help from a solid d core. One question will be if Matt can finally get a win in the playoffs, in any league.

Team Kuwait

Owner: gumster09

GM: iMaBEASTkidd19

Forwards: 8/10.
    Kuwait has a great first line with what would supposedly be Schomby, x57 Chedda, and DomP123. Schomby had 66 points yet lasted all the way to pick 50, and Chedda was a great pick at pick 70 with 55 points and a 56.6% FO. The other 2 centers aren’t elite but can absolutely hold their own. Saul is a great faceoff man as well as Brandflakes (56.3% and 54% respectively). RW behind Dom is pretty average while the LWs behind Schomby are great in QC-Barbey and artdv, both over 2 PPG. Artdv was a great choice for the last pick in the draft. The forward group on Kuwait overall is very good with a couple of questions on the RW. Similar to Kaz, they have one dominating line with good potential for both other lines to step up tremendously. Their RW are slightly weaker than Kaz’s IMO thus why they get a 8 instead of an 9.

Defense: 9/10.
    Honestly you can put Gumster anywhere and he’s gonna be good. His T/G on LD may not be the best but he’s a good defenseman nonetheless. Matt had a -4 T/G and was a good pick at 31. Taylormade is a very underrated defenseman as is Triplemdemo. The entire d core is solid, and they may have taken the best defenseman in the draft in Seahawk1032 (+7 T/G) at pick 11. They have one of the most balanced and simply put, one of the best d groups in the tourney.

Goalies: 8/10.

BR_549er was arguably the best goalie in the draft, and taking a goalie early plus Beast being a goalie gives them one of the best duos in the tourney. BR posted an 82.7 SV% this season for Oshawa, and while there are questions about Beast in net, I believe he’ll be more than capable of playing the position and will play it well. Because Beast doesn’t have the stats to back it, I’m giving them an 8 for now.

Team Russia

Owner: Rahzki

GM: LHSbrad35

Forwards: 5/10.
    The LW on the team is decent. It features Cinema as the likely first line LW, taken in the 4th round, a good pick. Capsrule and Keleher aren’t bad options behind him. Center is a real question here. They have a 1st line caliber center in Math_Habs, but other than him I’m not seeing much. The owner Rahzki is a center but has no stats for the position and they drafted a center with a 47 SV% fairly late in the draft. The RW position is like LW with a top player followed by two more serviceable options. Shaggy was taken 87th and could very well be a first line RW alongside left winger Cinema who was on the same CHL team. That would be a steal. A line of Cinema, Math, and Shaggy wouldn’t be half bad. Behind the top line, it looks like there’s gonna be two average lines with low ceilings. I’m not seeing much explosive potential for the second and third lines. It’s not a bad forward core, but it could be better.

Defense: 7/10.
    Russia has a pretty solid group of dmen. They have 4 potential top pair guys in Salami, Walrus, Rapplejax, and Jerry. At the very least, they’ll have 4 rock solid dmen. Salami in the last round and Jerry In the 10th round were both good steals. Walrus was also one of the best dmen in the draft and being drafted in the 3rd round was very logical. There could be a couple of questions with Sherer but Ristolainen is likely the weakest link with his -109 T/G as a defenseman. With that number he might just be careless, you almost have to try to have a T/G that low.

Goalies: 7/10.
    WarChyld is a solid option at goalie posting an 81 SV% in the regular season and an 83 SV% in season 3 of the World Juniors. The reason I’m giving them a 7 is MajorLazer. Stats wise, Major was one of the best goalies in the tournament, but his limited availability plus the fact that he’ll be gone for an entire week is a little worrying. Considering that there was a lackluster number of goalies signed up, having a goalie gone can be detrimental to your team’s success. We’ll have to see how it pans out.

Team Sweden

Owner: MDConMan

GM: i-Mr-T-i

Forwards: 7/10.
    The forwards for Team Sweden look half good and half okay. Bigfoot, Mr-T, Beaver, LMNO, and Leftbench are all good forwards. Bigfoot was drafted in the first round as a 65 point center, a good choice. Beaver also had 65 points and was taken in round 2. Leftbench was taken in round 6, so it looks like Sweden made good use of their early picks for forwards. LMNO at over 2 PPG as a center was somehow taken second to last, well done to Sweden on that pick. Outside of these the guys are unproven. Their only drafted LW has no stats at all. Their third center had 11 points in 6 games last WJs. B-hop has 3 points in 3 games at RW and Tony had a very bad season 8, the worst of his career. I don’t know how the lines will look with 1 LW on the roster and 5 RWs, but I’m imagining one formidable line and a pretty weak 3rd line. The second line should have the opportunity to be very good.

GetGerman and his -1 T/G was a great pick at number 32. They have a true top dpair on the team with German and either Dlc or Elspicoli. Daddydelicious flashed potential in his limited action this season and Wamstan is serviceable on a second or third pair. The real question is if Ronik will be a good dman with no stats. He was taken 29th so the pressure is on for him. Sweden has a good group of dmen, without a huge weak spot somewhere.

Goalies: 6/10.
    I can’t really give an accurate number as I don’t know Connman’s ability in net. What I do know is that Earl has struggled in both season 7 and 8 and I’m not sure if he’ll be able to bounce back. There were some other options with better stats so we’ll see if picking Earl pays off for them.

Team Switzerland

Owner: jcoch33

GM: JRGreaterThan

Forwards: 10/10.
    I mean it’s the Petes 2.0. They are stacked on LW with Bruqc and Lapointe. They stole them very late at 58th (65 points) and 103rd (69 points). The Swiss drafted 4 centers, with the best being Wutang at pick 118 and TeachMe with the 3rd pick. JENNERALS has no center stats and Taz is still solid despite likely playing on a third line. All 3 RWs are Petes (lol) and two are solid for sure. Huckleberry is the third wing but they have no stats. If Huckleberry proves to be a good winger, this is one of the best forward groups in the tourney. I see nothing but 2 elite lines with high potential for a third elite line.

Defense: 9/10.
    The managers themselves are easily a top dpair. Add in Tbeat and ObliviousLax on the right side, good lord. Lax in the 7th round is a steal. The biggest questions are with D_sIs and Rasta. Neither had the greatest numbers. With atleast 2 elite d pairs and a 3rd d pair with a decent ceiling (and low floor IMO), you’re not gonna be scoring many goals against these guys.

Goalies: 7/10.
    I’m giving them a 7 for the exact same reason as Germany. Limited number of goalies for TC, and I know Spectre will be gone for week 1 and will have limited availability week 2. It’s gonna be up to Murbayn to carry the load and by using a TC tendy who likely isn’t as good as Spectre for atleast the 3 games week 1, it lowers their rating. I mean, he’s missing half the preliminaries.

Team USA

Owner: Dallas1262x?

GM: izzz-quavo

Forwards: 10/10.
    I mean their weakest forward was Chris, who had 2 PPG. Even though he’ll be playing tougher lineups in WJ than CHL (he was on Gatineau, probably playing 3rd lines all the time), the other forwards are more than capable of keeping his points up. Wadden was their first round pick, who has 100 points in 33 career games. They also have Undead_K94 probably on a second line. Yeah, let that sink in. Oh yeah, then let’s throw in iChirp and his 225 points in 104 games. Shift over to the left side and you have a 59 pt LW as well as a guy with 148 points in 56 games. Center is probably their weakest position, and it’s not even weak. Quavo only has 2 TC games but considering Dallas is the owner plus the fact that Quavo had 11 pts in those 2 games, I’m assuming Quavo is pretty frickin good. Add in Revive Legacy who has 104 pts in 40 games as a PSN forward and TaPoisse, an up and coming center with good potential, and I see nothing but 3 straight dominant lines. It’s actually ridiculous how good the forward group is.

Defense: 10/10.
    Once again, DOMINANT. Literally any one of the 6 forwards could serve as a top 2 defenseman. The worst one is probably Eaglehawk who AT WORST is a second pair talent. It’s amazing that these guys were taken so early as well. Only jphilly was taken after pick 100. There's some controversy with Dallas right now so assuming he stays owner, they get a 10/10. This all just goes to show how prepared the US were for this draft. They managed to fill out all their dmen before the ending rounds and still have 3 terrifying forward lines. Please send help.

Goalies: 10/10.
    RxLegitimate and Pikachuguy. Other owners, what the hell were we doing? Pikachu with a career 82.1 SV% taken in the 5th round and RxLegitimate with an 82.4 SV% taken in the 11th round. There’s nothing else to say other than that right now USA has the best odds at the gold medal.

Post-Draft Power Rankings

Determined by adding the x/10 stats together.

1. Team USA (30/30)
    2. Team Switzerland (26/30)
    3. Team Kazakhstan (26/30)
    4. Team Kuwait (25/30)
    5. Team Sweden (21/30)
    6. Team Canada (19/30)
    7. Team Russia (19/30)
    8. Team Italy (18/30)
    9. Team Czech Republic (16/30)
    10. Team Germany (9/30)

Once again, best of luck to everyone in the tourney!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    • Like x 15
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    MrImster
  2. Dallas1262x

Dallas1262x S6 Memorial Cup Champion

Discord:
    Dallas1262x#4964
    Ratings:
    +241 / 4 / -12
    I wish everyone good luck in this tournament. There are some really solid teams. I will be watching, so I hope there are streams.

Unfortunately with the amount of complaints, I did get removed. I wish it would have been ahead of the draft so that the team would not be shorthanded until TC distribution.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  3. Reviive Legacy

Reviive Legacy Third Line TC

Discord:
    Reviive Legacy (Kelowna Owner)#8679
    Ratings:
    +423 / 81 / -39
    Good write up :). Looks like a lot of time went into it! Best of luck to everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    Reviive_Legacy
  4. xMajorLazeRx

xMajorLazeRx Hold di line

Discord:
    xMajorLazeRx#0568
    Ratings:
    +107 / 14 / -9
    Good write up Matt, as long as we make playoffs my avail shouldn't hurt the teams chances. Looking forward to re-establishing myself as the most dominant tendy around.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    xMajorLazeRx
  5. king_katool

king_katool Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 7 / -1
    Im not amazing!?!?!? Lol damn

Thx for the write up, i like reading media stuff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. rapplejax5

rapplejax5 New Member

Discord:
    rapplejax5#4931
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -1
    Good write up, nice to see you taking notice of the smaller and up in coming names that don’t have clout around the league yet. Much better than focusing on only veteran lg players.

• Like Like x 3
    rapplejax5
  7. i-Mr-T-i

i-Mr-T-i What You Need?

Discord:
    Mr. T#1884
    Ratings:
    +39 / 4 / -4
    Best of luck to everyone

• Like Like x 2
  8. mike71111

mike71111 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ImLudo27#4895
    Ratings:
    +85 / 4 / -7
    Ima show you a question mark!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    mike71111
  9. NealRambo33

NealRambo33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 86 / -54
    Thanks!!

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. GuruGreg79

GuruGreg79 Member

Discord:
    GuruGreg79#5238
    Ratings:
    +30 / 4 / -2
    "GuruGreg is a very serviceable dman"

Nicest thing every said on LG about my play!

• Funny Funny x 1
    GuruGreg79
  11. Murbayn

Murbayn Don't just be compliant, be passionate!

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Great write up!

• Like Like x 1
    Murbayn
  12. THE JENNERALS

THE JENNERALS Well-Known Member

Discord:
    THE JENNERALS (Kootenay GM)#3110
    Ratings:
    +175 / 18 / -6
    nice writeup matt! i have center stats, just not on psn

No Streaming Account
  13. Torieturtle26

Torieturtle26 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -4
    good work matt this took alot of work thanks for not bashing me too bad haha

• Like Like x 1
    torieturtle26
  14. Heedlessjem420

Heedlessjem420 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I enjoy the read very much but I think your sleeping on Italy lw in my opinion we are all soild wing so thank I feel even more motivated to show what I can do in this league keep the power ranking coming you media guys do a great job at these post keep them coming

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Chernoble29

Chernoble29 #15 Center

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -2
    Grest write up lol looks like you just gave ur team the best write up lol

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    mrchernoble
  16. crazeematt1

Discord:
    matt#8140
    Ratings:
    +456 / 26 / -63
    How so? Us and Swiss have the same score but I think Swiss is better so I put them second, and Kuwait and us could easily be flipped. If my team had the best writeup wouldn't I put us in first place???

• Like Like x 2
    MrImster
  17. crazeematt1

Discord:
    matt#8140
    Ratings:
    +456 / 26 / -63
    Yeah man, like I told everyone else: Prove me wrong. Show me that you're better than what your profile says. All I can base these rankings off of are stats, which sometimes don't translate to ability and talent.

• Like Like x 1
    MrImster
  18. Its_not_chris90

Its_not_chris90 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    its_not_chris90#8882
    Ratings:
    +15 / 7 / -16
    Czech is worse than that..

• Troll Troll x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    its_not_chris90
  19. The_spectre173

The_spectre173 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -1
    Good job for this power ranking. I guess we’re gonna have a lot of work to do to beat USA but we will!

spectre173
  20. NealRambo33

NealRambo33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 86 / -54
    Im doing big things here

No Streaming Account