Media WJC Draft Grades and Players to Watch

Discussion in 'LGCHL PSN - World JR Championship' started by Dark_side0895, Apr 20, 2019.

1. LANDOLEO87

LANDOLEO87 Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Lol wouldn’t expect much better from a fan of the south side!

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. TomKay-

TomKay- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I agree with the comment about the Cubs for sure! Lmao

tomkay
  3. SPED3409

SPED3409 S10 Raiders Owner, Raiders Radio Host

Discord:
    sped3409#2927
    Ratings:
    +120 / 12 / -16
    ***UPDATED***

Canada
    - was A- now B

Quite possibly the strongest team of the tournament, Canada boasts a veteran forward group lead by AHL veteran EichsI9I and 60 point scoring center Kable_72. JPhilly and MidnightFapper will also provide owner, Winkle_09, a solid 1 and 1A option between the pipes.(original)

Turned out not being the Strongest team in the tournament. with that being said they made it pretty deep and still have a shot at bronze. Midnightfapper literally had to steal some games for them as their offence wasnt as potent as first stated!

Player to Watch: CharlieBiscuit12 (how this turned out) Charliebiscuit12 is experimenting with Defence and although the numbers didnt show it he played the position quite well and i do believe he has a career at defence.

Final Thoughts- Midnightfapper is a absolute beast between the pipes, and with really only one strong forward line it was too much of a task to make a run at gold this year.

Czech Republic- was B now A-

The Czech’s managed by Beernpickles and Jhawkman drafted a very strong defensive unit led by CHL draft pick Buckeyes2525 and his Prince Albert Raiders linemate BrutalDeth14. Joining them from the Raiders is one of the top scorers from season 10 Sped3409. Come to think of it 6 players on the Czech Republic are coming over from the season 10 Prince Albert Raiders, who were one of the top performers in the WHL this season. (Original)

As said above Beer and Jhawk drafted quite the strong defensive core with possibly the strongest D pairing in the tournament with Buckeyes and Bruteldeth just to be followed up by whitesoxman on 2nd D pair a guy who is easily a number one D the offensive line of SPED Rapple and GP3 went 3-0 in round robin witha combined 37 points

Player to Watch: HatrickSwayze8 - This D man has had a much better time in Czech then he did with the sea dogs short stint but Hattrickswayze has played quite well

Final thoughts - i feel Czech has the strentgh to win gold but has no easy road as they have to play Finland in what is going to be nothing short of a tough series!

Finland- was C- now B+

Finland, man. What’re you guys doing? You missed two picks in the draft, and 4 of your 6 defensemen didn’t play defense in season 10. The forward group seems talented enough to win games with guys like XxVermetteQCxX and WorkInRiceField, but I’m worried about the back end of their ice being able to keep Mayers and WutangCream’s job easier. (original)

I still agree with what the heck were you guys doing missing two picks with that being said you missed 2 picks and here you are playing for gold their forward dominance has carried them here but with that being said their defence was no slouch in the round robin goalies have played good and all around a solid team

Player to Watch: WutangCreamx0 and Maye -well wutang has taken the starting position by the reigns as im assuming mayers no showed (dont quote me i just dont see his stats)

Final thoughts - Finland has played a very solid tournament going 8-1 in round robin with that being said they have been unable to sweep in playoffs so far did they use up all their power in round robin ? find out in the gold medal game if they have what it takes to beat the powerful Czech team .

Germany- was D now D-

This team lacks eye-popping talent all around, aside from A_Prodigy_Rising. The GM choice, CH1CO4, is confusing to me as well considering he has limited and unsuccessful experience in the LGCHL. Another observation to note is a lot of these players hail from teams like the Armada and the Charlottetown Islanders. I hate to say it so early, but this time will have an uphill battle to fight to remain respectable in this tournament.(original)

i agree with all the above comments up here and as we thought Prodigy lead the way for Germany managing to get 8 points in 3 game with a goalie who had a succesful season like chadkillz its hard to believe he would go 0-4 soo what went wrong ? in my opinion the owner took a interesting drafting route drafting certain guys while their was still a ton of talent out there.

Player to Watch: A_Prodigy_Rising - as expected he was really the only shining star of this team and did what he could with what he had

Final thoughts- Not much to say here other then they needed chadkillz to be better then he was if they were looking to crack the final 8 spot

Japan- was B- now B-

It starts with management, having league and CHL management veterans Slapnutz (Cougars S10) and Smooth (Kelowna S10) is a huge intangible for team Japan, not to mention both are more than respectable at their positions. The forward group for Team Japan is headlined by x57 Chedda who had an eye popping 89 points with the Red Deer Rebels in season 10, aside from x57 Chedda I don’t see many other top line scoring talent, but many solid contributors. With that being said, I expect Japan to score enough to be competitive in games, but won’t blow too many teams away with their offense. As far as defense goes, SebLaf37 and Bry-Fy might be able to hold down two pairings alone, but outside of the two of them I don’t see that defensive unit holding steady all tournament long.(original)

i kept japan at a B- even though they got bounced first round they had a solid team they just ran into a red hot Czech team with a good core of players this team was drafted very nicely and could have very much made it to the gold medal round if they could have beat Czech

Player to Watch: Penguin_Leaf19 - coming out so strong in round robin he had quite the disappointing playoff round

Final thoughts- i think this team was good and again ran into a good team playing really well i still think they could have made a gold medal run unforutnately they have to settle with no medal

Norway- was F now F-

Truedough28 and InsanePuppy an otherwise below average group of forwards on team Norway. Hopefully they can feed set up their wingers with slam dunk goals or Team Norway will run into scoring issues fairly quickly. Owner, chad2pair, and GM, DonaldRessler, are coming off awful seasons at Barrie and did not surround themselves with any defenseman who seemed like they can quarterback a defensive pairing. I expect Im_Kreaky and Modz to be very busy in all of their games. (original)

Well not much to say here but anyteam that knowingly picks Kingslayer is a disaster waiting to happen and with a very lackluster 1-7-1 record in round robin it shows they couldnt figure it out

Player to Watch: K1ng_sl3yr - why this was a player to watch ill never understand but since we are 0-3 with 3 points and -15 ...... glad we watched that but dont worry he will have someone/something to blame

Final thoughts - Let this be a lesson to future owners .. ill leave it at that.

Russia- was B+ now C

This team is STACKED at the goaltender position. CrazeeMatt and Cotachoda have been two of the most solid CHL goaltenders in the LGCHL for a while. Enough said there. Team Russia is fairly deep at defense with Red Deer Rebel standout Bkong79 and Kamloop Blazer The----D- featuring. The back end of this Russian team looks like the class of the tournament, and if a puck finds the back of the net it should be kept by the player, as goals will be hard to come by. (original)

i agree the goaltending was good as cotachoda is a guy who can steal games very easily . although i dont agree with this being the defensive class of the tournament it did have some shining stars yourgranny should have got a mention as he has continued to have success in LG

Player to Watch: IMike2DopeI - another player to watch who wasnt to interesting to watch with a 0-3 record there wasnt much to write home about

final thoughts - As a team that squeeked by to make it to the playoff round they actually gave finland a run for their money taking them to game 5 unfortunately they will settle with no medal this season

Sweden- was C+ now C+

Owner, Patriots4_, put together quit the forward core on draft day, most of them having scored more than 40 points scored in the past CHL regular season. The defensive unit that Team Sweden is running with looks like a bang average group from what this writer has seen across the tournament. Overall, I expect this team to be slightly above average.(original)

i do agree this owner did a great job of drafting with people criticizing the number 1 pick therabidpanther he actually played like a 1st overall pick i def dont think this was a bust at all

Player to Watch: Nba2k16islife201 - a solid goaltending performance by the man is what helped bring sweden as far as they did it wasnt enough though as they will be playing canada for bronze

Fianl thoughts- Sweden put together a good team and i think it will be a great series between canada and sweden but i have canada edging them out in 5

Switzerland- was B+ now B-

The only all-goalie management team in the tournament, GodlyXJohn had a decent season for the Edmonton Oil Kings, and is a #1 caliber goalie in the CHL. Shroom-Souljah on the other hand played for the Seadogs in season 10 so we will not pass judgment on his goaltending skill for now. The Swiss bring a pretty strong offensive and defensive unit to the table coming out of the draft though, and I think they can make a strong run at the Championship should both of their goaltenders hold up.(original)

With a team i did not see gettign put out in the first round canada came out to play .. with that being said there was def some weak spots on swiss team and it got exposed come playoff time . with the strong core they had i did see a better finish but i guess thats the way she goes sometimes.

Player to Watch: Shorey_Szn02 -he was a good player to watch in round robin going 3-0 with 10 points unfortunately was no where to be found come playoff time

final thoughts- their tournament ended quicker then expected xt-john or whatever his name is now couldnt carry them further resulting in no medal this year.

USA- was D now D

Most of this team has very little to no experience as roster players on LGCHL teams. One of the goaltenders, Terror-72, has never even played a game. I’m not sure what thatbaillieguy’s strategy was in building this team, but TheImperial is going need a massive Jansport to carry these boys to even a respectable record in this tournament. (original)

I agree with what was said above what surprised me is they finished round robin with 5 wins but then came back to reality getting swept by sweden first round of playoffs

Player to Watch- Capsrule19 -actually had a respectable round robin but come playoffs couldnt handle the pressure

Final thoughts - i thought in round robin this team played better then i expected so i congratulate you on that too abd it lead to a early first round exit and no medal this year these guys seem like a good bunch of dudes keep trying and success will come soon .... maybe

** Warning **

This post was completely for fun dont get butt hurt

p.s except for kingslayer .... Mulder>Kingslayer

• Winner Winner x 1
    sped0934
  4. Mcdavid-o-97-o

Mcdavid-o-97-o Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 1 / -3

Ya a little info on mayers was that he was banned lol. Chamskii has stepped up though. We went 3-1 both rounds but the 3-2 series win was because they forced us to ff game 4 after we beat them. Don't need to sweep to be good in my opinion.

No Streaming Account
  5. SPED3409

SPED3409 S10 Raiders Owner, Raiders Radio Host

Discord:
    sped3409#2927
    Ratings:
    +120 / 12 / -16
    Didnt say you needed to sweep to be good its just at the pace it was less of a pace then your dominant round robin ! also didnt know about FF win and ill be honest i took about 13 minutes to write this all up with minimal research it was strictly a opinion piece :) thank you for taking the time to read it though i appreciate that !

sped0934
  6. TomKay-

TomKay- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hey man. Really did enjoy the read. You hit the dot with this one. Especially the part about kingslayer lmao. But I’m really looking forward to this series! I wish team Czech the best of luck! See y’all Sunday @SPED3409

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    tomkay
  7. beernpickles

beernpickles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -1
    looking forward to the EA servers to start cooperating, so we can get a damn decent series going tonight!!! good luck to all teams involved in the semi finals and finals as well!!

• Like Like x 2
    beernpickles