Womens Topspin Sucks

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by Ragin Wahoo, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think I speak for an overwhelming majority when I say that the womens tennis on this game is horrible and not very fun. It seems evident that no one is very much into this tournament by the amount of entrees, the # of 50/50s, and the amount walkovers. A suggestion.....the players should vote on whether or not to keep the women's tournaments in the season. I know they were included to add a little spice to things, but it just sucks! Just a suggstion....peace.

No Streaming Account
  2. Tennis Playa

Tennis Playa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I understand what you are saying. But I don;t think you should speak for the overwhelming majority. I think the women's game does help this league. It gives people that don't do too well in regular tournaments a chance to upset the dominant players. It's like a totally different game. We've been doing this for what, 10, 12 weeks and I think this change of pace is good. It makes people play/think differently and I believe that injects life into the league. Last tournament had less than 30 players. Th second tournament had like 60 players. The trend of people dropping out was evident way before this tournament came about.

I am well aware that there are great people in this league: lord, eze, kinetic, federer- and I think its nice that things were shaken up here. I have been playing with the women since the game came out and I am happy that I have been doing well this tournament.

I think it's interesting that lord will not be going for 4 in a row (granted, he defaulted) and someone is going to be a first time champoion at a league tournament tomorrow. I think that is better for everyone when people see that things can become unpredictable and there is more depth.

I understand what you are saying Ragin, but I think the womens tournament is a major boost to the league.

No Streaming Account
  3. TheAlphaOmega

TheAlphaOmega Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i agree...

i love both mens and womens game...

i have been able to develop a kick a$$ style of playing for both...

we should keep it...

No Streaming Account
  4. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, I shouldve pointed out why I said overwhelming majority....because everyone i've spoken to hates it....welll untill now...besides you two. Just wanted to clarify why i said that.....

lol, i just noticed that both of you are in the finals.....hmmm, wonder why you two both are in favor of it?? hehe, j/k...everyone likes to win.... :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  5. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ragin, I bet you anything that if you would have won, you would be loving this girl stuff. Any good player would learn to adapt to the girls, and take it as another challenge. And from whom I have spoken to, only two people hate is. You, and my girlfriend, because its takes out time away from each other. :)

No Streaming Account
  6. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    babolat, if you made that bet, you'd lose..the only tournament i won in MENS is the first one...yet i still loving playing that.....so don't use distorted logic dude. i don't hate it just because i lost..please...and u want me to name a few ppl that hate it? How about me, kineticz, eze, stratton, lord, federer, squidman, zain67.....those are just off the top of my head because they are the only guys i talk to on the net regularly....and they all agree with me...just for the record...

No Streaming Account
  7. KineticZ

KineticZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    umm yeah i dont like it at all...but not cuz i lost cuz it TOTALLY JACKED MY MENS game, now i suck at that too!
    the women always bring me down

No Streaming Account
  8. burlingtns best

burlingtns best Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol

I absolutely hate the womas game. Not worth spending the time to make a new chick. I vote it should be taken out of the league. I for sure won't be entering the next chickfest!!!

No Streaming Account
  9. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Well I'll have to throw my two cents in and say I like the change of pace. It makes the season a little more interesting. Can't wait for the next one. 8)

Still didn't like getting beat by "Oprah" though. lol

No Streaming Account
  10. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    variety, diversity, change of pace, etc. etc. etc.

even i was ousted at the 1st round, i'd say lets keep the womens. if people would not like to participate, so be it. but please dont let the womens championship be deleted for the sake of other people who find it very entertaining and challenging.

No Streaming Account
  11. burlingtns best

burlingtns best Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol

Fair enough, i guess for some strange reason people actually like the womas game. Let it stay but i really fear a low turnout in the next one. Is it really worth having a tourney of like 16 people if that??

No Streaming Account
  12. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think you guys have nothing more to do then complain about stuff.

Like I said more then one time, you don't have to play here. I rather have people that enjoy playing then those that complain. I also rather have some of you indviduals not here anyway because all you do in whine and complain which has tore this league apart.

Just because you are a good Top Spin player and ranked somewhere in the top 5 or 6 in the league doesn't mean we need you here. Quality attitude is more wanted here then quality players.

No Streaming Account
  13. Ragin Wahoo

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hahahahhaha....what is this, hitler germany???? can we not voice suggestions/dissatisfactions/or opinions without getting blasted?? lol, holy alligator droppings. everyone else calmly, collectively, and nicely stated their disagreements with lord and i, but you get all defensive and go hitler on us. if you don't want us to discuss anything that borders bordering controversial, make it another "unwritten rule" dude...geezus...hey strats, pass the peace pipe or chill pills to babolat. geez!!! peace!

No Streaming Account
  14. KineticZ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    babolat, come on man...no reason to get upset and mean and talk like u want ppl out of the league, thats not cool...they were just saying they dont like the women's league and thought a lot of ppl felt the same way so having a vote would do something. BUT , obviously after reading the post replies, they see that a lot of ppl want it so they backed off like LON did.
    This league is awesome cuz it has all types of players. Some are annoying to some and others are annoying to others. It all comes with the territory of online gaming. In the end, we make a community that is enjoyable for everyone. And if u, the head of it, isnt enjoying it, then i dont now,thts just not right. As the head, i would think u would be moderate (as u have been in the past) and always keep a neutral tone (regardless of ur stance) and just simply lay down the rules rather than creating an environment that will set up arguments and hostility.
    Sorry that was my 12 cents.

No Streaming Account
  15. shawncampos2k4

shawncampos2k4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and then u guys wornder why so many pleople left the topspin league as soon as u come to the forums saw u see are topics about complaing about the league or players in the league and how the play there game i know that iam getting sick of it and i guess thats way alot of guys stop playing in the tournaments

No Streaming Account
  16. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posting something that says "WOMEN TENNIS SUCKS" is really fantastic for this leagues and for those new people that want to join.

Think about it.

No Streaming Account
  17. KineticZ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    honestly, i just read all the bickering and either laugh at how ~*~* ppl can get or i just thinkg "whatever" who cares...
    if ppl actually get upset by other ppl complaining, thats just...well it shoulndt happen because them complaining is not ur problem, let them complain or say GLITCH or whatever, after all what they are complaining about usually doesnt effect u does it? no.
    BY 'YOU' in this commen i refer to ANYONE who reads posts.

No Streaming Account
  18. eze123_00

eze123_00 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Man, this is crazy. I think women's tennis in Top Spin sucks too, but I don't think I'm keeping people from joining the league just for saying that. I don't think that the arguing within the forums is hurting anything. If everything was polite and there were no disputes, what fun would that be? No rivalries would be made and there wouldn't be as much competitiveness. I don't know if I'm just speaking for myself, but the only reason I check the forums for posts is to see what drama is going on at the time...who's feuding with who. It just wouldn't be as fun without it.

The EZ One

By the way, I don't dislike women's tennis b/c I lost of b/c I'm sexist. If I was a female, I would be EXTREMELY pissed about this game. Why is it that they can't run with only one hand on the racket??? And why in the world do they look ~*~* when they're hitting groundstrokes. It's ridiculous! But, I will be signing up for the next female tourney. Gotta get points any way possible, lol.

No Streaming Account
  19. zain67

zain67 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah women's tennis is for....girls...and [Babolat Edit: Watch the language]....i'm not for it at all.

No Streaming Account