Wrap Around Vote

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by AlexeiKovalev27, Sep 24, 2013.

?

Should animated wraps be allowed in the league?

1. Yes, allow animation wraps in the league.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, animated wraps should not be allowed in the league.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,737 / 89 / -327
    So how i have this,

When i last checked there were 2 guys who voted who were not in the league, so their votes will be tossed.

However, in favor to abolish this rule is +30 and there is a total of 100 votes. Meaning for it to be even, we are actually at 130. Basically half the league.

So unless 40 guys vote to keep the rule, this should all but be certain.

(feels like a network on election night, and is "Calling It!")

2. Sir Riasus

Sir Riasus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0 / -0
    Common sense prevails again. Yet again it takes a Canadian to come in and provide the correct thought process and judgement.

No Streaming Account
  3. Staggzilla

Staggzilla Straight Cash Homie

Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -4
    I see a lot of posts here that just seem to want to use any thread to shit on a "dictatorship". I am very tired of that.

No Streaming Account
  4. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    This vote was totally a dictatorship!

No Streaming Account
  5. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    If you don't think multiple loose puck dekes happen watch every time Datsyuk has the puck.

No Streaming Account
  6. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    With the majority of half the votes being the decider at minimum. And factoring what Tris said of 2 illegal votes the magic number could be assumed 73
    280/2 = 140. 140/2 = 70, 71 votes needed to win. 71+2 non-counting votes = 73

Good News:
    If we hit this number it means we don't technically have to get 50% of the sign ups to vote because the number IS the majority of the 50% (for those of you who were panicking of it not going through if there isn't enough votes)

Bad News:

This poll is opened until the draft is over. Draft night brings more people to the site than the amount already voting. So just hitting that number doesn't mean one side won over the other yet. It's not an instant win. Just the minimum requirement to justify the results.

With that being said, the rule will be set by this community voting and I want to thank everyone for sharing your opinions a voting for what you want in the league. These have been the first official votes from the community and I feel most of you held it together for the most part.

7. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    i dont understand why we should take out an offense play, if the goalie/d man can't stop it, then why are the playing that position? Im also pretty sure no glitchy wraps have happened alot in this game, so don't try and use that as an excuse.

Its_cakes
  8. Monopolized

Monopolized Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -2

He doesn't do it over and over again, like you can in the game.. we should get rid of jersey tucks to.. so we can be more like the NHL .. and no dreadlocks, and 6am practices.

No Streaming Account
  9. Emo F0X

Emo F0X I Score Goals

Discord:
    foxi10i#0
    Ratings:
    +179 / 2 / -1
    i just think that the poll should maybe be on the main page below the chat box cuz not everyone goes and looks at the threads when they get on and that way we would get more people to vote before draft day to really see what everyone wants

No Streaming Account
  10. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    There were some glitchy wraps seen early but most of us were satisfied they are pretty much gone r a very low %. What is going on now is that there is a community here that was built with certain "standards" and know that some people could abuse any tactic to take away from the actual game/sport of a sim style game. We think its fair to let the community vote. It's a fair method to assess what people want.

I want to see the wrap get in but what I find ironic is...
    People relate this to bad D or G not being able to stop it. IMO, II think it takes an unskilled fwd who needs an ego boost to try it. It's an automated program, get behind the net and push up on the RS lol. I think the only fwds who use it in the few proper situations (reading the D coverage and seeing the opportunity) have legit cases. And in those situations, its attempted when a defensive breakdown is seen and read, nullifying the "bad defense" argument. I truly believe that the majority of our fwds are the classy type and will only do it against "bad" (caught out of position) defense and not the ones that go back and forth forcing the play, just because they can.

11. Monopolized

Monopolized Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -2
    Good to know you can't have a discussion, and just insult people.

No Streaming Account
  12. l Blitzkrieg l

l Blitzkrieg l Rico=Melo of LG

Ratings:
    +561 / 7 / -14
    I still dont understand how this is a thing...... Wrap after tuner is fine,if u want to put in a rule about not going sideways 3-4-20 times before you wrap then by all means put it in.....The wrap around itself should not be out of a league....

No Streaming Account
  13. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    Allow them , very low percentage play unless the Goalie is bad

tino45
  14. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    There were 2 wrap around goals in my 3 scouting games last night. Don't remember who was scored on, but I had some good goalies in some games. I don't mind one way or the other really.

Maverik19
  15. Sgt Griffiths

Sgt Griffiths Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Good D will shut this down

No Streaming Account
  16. oO BLaCK Oo

oO BLaCK Oo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 1 / -1
    Man the best D in the world cannot stop forwards if they are outnumbered...Its not only a defense and goalie responsability, forward that play their position and forward that play good in the defense zone make an huge difference..I dont see how putting the blame on the D, will avoid wrap around goals...And stop comparing the real hockey with a videogame...its not the same (duh that why its call a videogame) In my reality, gravity and physic dont follow ea laws!!!!!

No Streaming Account
  17. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    As I stated before, it takes the least amount of skill as a fwd to execute the this compare to any other scoring methods but it takes the most amount of skill as a D to defend it, fight the bubble around the net (which isn't too bad this year) and have a Center you can trust to do his part.

For this type of offense, the key to defending this is the center, not the D or G. The center has to do his part so that the D & G can play "the puck" like they are suppose to. If not the deadly threat isn't the actual wrap but the forced pass through the attacking D, if the D plays the pass he's "bad" when in reality the arguments should be "the rule is in to protect bad centers"

Looks like the rule is on track to be removed unless there is a major turn around before the end of the draft.

18. JohnForslxnd

JohnForslxnd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    I disagree. The action of a wrap itself isn't difficult to execute, but it takes vision and offensive prowess to know when to wrap. There are players who are very proficient wrappers, and it is a handicap to remove this aspect of the game.

No Streaming Account
  19. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    In fairness, for every player that is good at the wrap there is another who simply attempts it every time he's in that position.

No Streaming Account
  20. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    lol...ummm, sure.