Wrap Around Vote

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by AlexeiKovalev27, Sep 24, 2013.

?

Should animated wraps be allowed in the league?

1. Yes, allow animation wraps in the league.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, animated wraps should not be allowed in the league.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JohnForslxnd

JohnForslxnd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. That'd be someone that those of us in the 6s community refer to as "bad".

No Streaming Account
  2. AlexeiKovalev27

AlexeiKovalev27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +980 / 21 / -38
    Ozzy would you like lessons in offensive prowess?

No Streaming Account
  3. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I'm very aware how to play this game and that the wrap is rarely attempted from true top 6's players unless they get it set up in a clean motion. I've seen your wrap attempts....no TY

It's Drew's story and he can tell it anyway he likes, I wasn't born yesterday and the only wraps that take "technique" are if and when there is an exploit.

4. JohnForslxnd

JohnForslxnd Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0 / -0
    The technique isn't in the wrap itself, but setting up wrap plays. You can set someone up with full intention of having them wrap it. Jeeeeeeeesuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus Thank god for acid.

No Streaming Account
  5. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    oh, so its about setting it up and not the actual execution of the wrap? So what you are saying is that you changed subjects and now are back tracking?

I said it takes little to no skill to do a wrap, period. You just want to make it more than what it is. I never said that "passing the puck around or setting up offensive plays take no skill"

I'm just entertaining post to keep the topic and forums active, not sure what your point is still.

6. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    If I hear "us" and "6s community" one more time, I will lose it.

Maverik19
  7. Nastiest Guy x1

Nastiest Guy x1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Yeah exactly, when the dman has to go behind the net to stop the wrap its the centers job to rotate to the empty area in front of the net to prevent the puck holder from popping out and passing across to a fwd for the easy 1timer. the problem is when you have a lesser defensive center scheduled or even wingers subbing in for a center. just seems like a lot of good timing, positioning, communication/teamwork needed to stop such a low-effort uncreative play. but i guess thats why owners need to scout/draft good defensive centers and D, not just scorers.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  8. l Blitzkrieg l

l Blitzkrieg l Rico=Melo of LG

Ratings:
    +561 / 7 / -14
    People dont realize it takes good position play to actually be good not just goal scoring persay.The point im trying to make is wraps as ozzy put it with his stuborn comment of "I said it takes little to no skill to do a wrap, period." or "I'm very aware how to play this game and that the wrap is rarely attempted from true top 6's players unless they get it set up in a clean motion" is very inaccurate..... Im not saying 10 wraps are going to happen every game or even in one game but you will see alot of top teams going for one to see if its there.Also in doing so it makes the other team have to worry about it so then once they cover it you have other options.When you have positional players that are aware of how to play "DA GAME" and are in position you dont need to worry about wraparounds,such as said Centers who help or wingers even.

Limiting an offensive play just makes players in the defense not have to worry about a play that can setup other things.So yeah lets just stack five guys in the middle like every other season that ive been here and a goalie who can just sit in the middle of his crease cause he and the defense know a pass will come.My way of thinking is wraps are apart of the game(real life and video game) it keeps players on the defensive end and goalie honest to make sure you play every angle and shot.So if it takes no skill do away with wristers cause pressing up takes no skill or even turd shots......

No Streaming Account
  9. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Bump, voting ends after draft is completed.

10. GolSki6027

GolSki6027 Nujabes

Ratings:
    +874 / 5 / -25
    6's community.

GolSkiii
  11. x1DR DRO1X

x1DR DRO1X Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Like I said I'm fine with wraps being allowed as long as it's not being abused 1 to 2 wrap attemps a game is fine but when u see 5 to 10 a game for 1 team it just seems like a team is trying to exploit it but when your taking the ice space and that's what developes by all means take the opertuntity but it's pritty lame when u have teams rushing to that play sending the puck to the waiting skater sitting behind the net ready to spam his right stick for the wrap play it's lame cause its not realy realistic cause how many times a season do u see that happen league wide?

No Streaming Account
  12. x1DR DRO1X

x1DR DRO1X Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I played g in vhl last season and with the wrap being legal I played a team that set wrap plays 8 9 times a period and or getting behind the net and instead of cycling skate back n forth until he had me caught to 1 side and it was a 1-0 game late in the second they got that glitchy wrap goal scored n it compleatly turned the game around

No Streaming Account
  13. AlexeiKovalev27

AlexeiKovalev27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +980 / 21 / -38
    Solution:

When you see a winger skating the puck into the zone and the other winger along the boards on the other side of the ice, have your dman drop back behind the net to cut off the pass.

No wrap!

No Streaming Account
  14. l Blitzkrieg l

l Blitzkrieg l Rico=Melo of LG

Ratings:
    +561 / 7 / -14
    To bad most people dont know how to play positional or defense as a FWD. Kind of a lost art i guess or else the rule would be in place to allow Wraps.

No Streaming Account