XXLG Madden Connected Franchise Rules

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by Hattori Hanso, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Hattori Hanso

Hattori Hanso Madden Connected Franchise Commissioner

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Objective: Maintaining a gaming community that focuses on Sim Play. For this league "Sim Play" implies a Gentlemanly, but highly active and competitive, atmosphere.

Note: Our League Rules have evolved from many years of experiences and understandings of specific issues from various madden releases.

Settings:

-8 minute quarters
    -Runoff down to 20 Seconds
    -All Madden
    -Custom Coaches ONLY League

Advance Times: (
    Flexible + All times Eastern)
    Thursdays 9:00 pm + Sundays 8:30 pm

*The league uses this as our base schedule and often adjusts to the pace of completion.

Gameplay

1. Connection: You are responsible for your connection. Players will be penalized if complaints mount.

Custom Playbooks: We do not allow Custom Playbooks.

Play Calling: We expect owners to use a variety of plays and styles of plays in a given game. Try not to exploit the game's shortcomings.

3A.
    Avoid:- Running plays too frequently + Running the same TYPE of play too frequently (ie bombs).
    3B.
    Avoid:- Constantly bouncing inside runs to the outside.
    3C.
    Avoid:- Excessively running parallel to the line of scrimmage.
    At the same time if you are on defense and you run the same plays over and over, the offense must take what you give them.

Defensive Hot Routes: No manual hot-routing of defensive lineman in a 3-Point stance into zone coverage. We do not want people selecting defensive linemen and dropping into coverage with them.
    *The one exception would be if the play was naturally a zone blitz. In which case run it as much as you'd like.

Pre Snap Defense: Users are only allowed to manually move ONE player pre-snap. Player movements should be logical and representative of real life. IE: it does NOT make sense to move a FS to the Dline. The primary tool for player movement is the pre-snap group shift feature.

No Huddle Offense: Will not be used in the first or second half before the two minute warning.
    Unless - You are down by two scores or more in the second half - then you may use the no huddle to attempt a comeback.

Hard Counts: Do not abuse hard counts.

Goal Line Formations: Should only be used inside your opponents 10 yard line. Outside of the 10 yard line there must be at least one receiver on the field at all times.

Onside Kicks: Only allowed in the 4th qtr when down by 9 or more points with less than 5 minutes left and when losing anytime in the 4th qtr with 3 minutes or less. It is common sense. Again, they must be announced.

10. 4th Down: There are very limited scenarios where we will condone 4th down attempts. Typically those scenarios occur when you have short yardage to go, you are down, and punting is irrational. Be smart about this because this very issue is the biggest aspect that separates SIM from Lobby style.

- You are allowed to go for it on 4th down at the end of a half if there is only enough time left for one play.
    - You should not go for it on 4th down when winning -
    Play Defense.
    Exception - You may go for it with under two minutes left, in a one score game, with 3 yards to go or less.

2-Point Conversions:
    - Acceptable when an extra point will not provide reasonable cushion and a two point conversion will.

Example: You are up by One and a two-point conversion will give you a three point lead.
    - You are allowed to attempt a 2-Point conversion to win a game.
    - Two point conversions must be announced if the situation is not OBVIOUS.

*At the same time if the defense is not paying attention in an obvious 2-Point conversion situation then it is their fault that they were not prepared.

Special Rules vs CPU

ALL RULES THAT YOU OBSERVE VS HUMAN OPPONENTS SHOULD BE OBSERVED VS CPU OPPONENT.

1. Restarts: If you are in a situation where you have to play the CPU you will be allowed the option of ONE restart. If you play the game a second time and fail to finish you will be awarded a loss for the week. (Unless you prove to me that there was a genuine disconnect).

2. XP Bitches: If you are fortunate enough to play the CPU you have an easy-win advantage.. please do not use this as an opportunity for a statistical advantage as well. I will keep note of the game stats. Please do not abuse the cpu for XP and league awards.

3. 4th Down Rules vs CPU: The only time it is acceptable for you to go for it on 4th down vs cpu is when trailing by 9 or more points in the 4th quarter. Any other time is considered abuse.

Sportsmanship

1. 31 Point Rule:
    -You may not score a TD when up by 31 Points or more.
    -You may kick Field Goals when up by 31 Points or more.
    -If you break this rule then you will have an important player of my choosing suspended. This is not negotiable.

Take a Knee: There will be no running up the score on other members of our community. If you are up and your opponent has no way to stop the clock from running out then take a knee.

2A.
    At the same time if you are being blown out it is your responsibility to recognize when it just isn't your day. If you run the no huddle when the game is out of hand then your opponent has the right to defend. If your opponent is still using timeouts, you are not expected to just let him back in the game. If he has not given up or conceded defeat, you should not either.

Milking The Clock: Do not purposefully milk the play-clock in situations that do not warrant it. You may play at your own pace, but your pace should not be snapping the ball with 3 secs left every time.

3A. You should not use the clock-runoff in first half until inside the 2 minute warning in the 2nd qtr.

3B. You may use the clock run off at any time if suggested by or with the permission of your opponent.

4. Rage Quitting: Can result in removal from the league. This is the king of sins in Sim Gaming.

5. Pass/Run Ratio: Every game has its own personality. Players will be expected to have a fair balance of run and pass in a given game, but I will not be monitoring individual game Pass/Run ratio. However, your overall season ratio must stay under 70/30 in order to remain in the league.

5. Disconnects: In the event that one owner has been disconnected due to server issues, games should restart. Be a gentleman and recognize the situation. If you were down by 14 in the 4th quarter (example) and your opponent had the ball, its best to auto yourself or inform me to provide an auto-win.

Complaints and Grievances

The Spreadsheet: I will be keeping a spreadsheet to maintain notes on the compliments and complaints about every player in the league. You are encouraged to report your experiences in a game or communicating with an opponent. It helps the league.

Repeat Offenders: If the same complaints about the same people persist then I will address the situation.

Public Complaints: Its ok to post publicly on any league related topic that you wish, as long as it is expressed in a mature way and void of name calling and cursing.
    3A. Hit me up and address the situation with me privately before behaving emotionally publicly.

Communication

1. Headsets: Players are expected to wear their headsets during games. XXLG is a friendly community and it is preferable that players get to know each other, but it is not a requirement. There will be instances when two players need to talk out the sim aspects of the game. IE: If a 4th down attempt situation is borderline then I expect "Player A" to ask "Player B" if they think its ok to make the attempt.

1A. I understand that games often take place late in the evenings and that people prefer not to wake those around them.. in those instances it is your responsibility to find a way to communicate with your opponent.

1B. What is a requirement is that players communicate their intentions on legal 4th down plays, two point conversation, and onside kicks.
    In XXLG we do not have surprise 4th down attempts, 2-point conversions, or onside kicks.. EVER.

2. Scheduling Games:
    Players are expected to be aggressive in scheduling their games. You may tag players in messages in the XXL facebook group, send instant messages through Facebook, or send messages on XBOX Live.

2A. Players with a history of having an odd schedule or being poor at communicating through social media will be asked to supply their phone numbers.

2B. There are no excuses for not reaching out to an opponent on the day of an advance. You should not just wait for opponent to contact you to play. Be proactive and know who your opponent is each week.

3. Missing Games: We are all adults and life happens. I will not punish a player for missing a game if they have put in the appropriate effort in letting their opponent know that they are unavailable to play. Take accountability by asking me to put you on auto (or do it yourself). I wont even take note of those situations.

3A. If i find that a player is the cause of multiple sims and didn't let another player know that they weren't available, we will consider penalization or removal.

4. Bullying: I expect all players to be respectful to their opponents in game and on the boards. If you have a problem with an opponent you may respectfully bring it up to them during the game. Healthy trash talk is fine but be careful to not insult. We are here for a fun environment - not bullying.

5. Outbursts: Again - If you have a problem with another player (That you couldn't come to an understanding on by talking) then communicate with the commissioner privately. I will make note of the issue and bring it up with the other owner privately. I will not tolerate public outbursts.

Transactions

1. Trades: Should be performed as a trade transaction. You are never to drop a player and pick them up.

2. Trade Review: All trades are reviewed by the commissioner. Trades will not be reviewed until they are posted and agreed to by all parties publicly in the Trade Proposal thread. Owners may be asked to provide reasoning behind a trade.

3. Trading Draft Picks: You can trade draft picks. You may only trade draft picks for the upcoming draft. Never two drafts ahead.

4. Trade Deadline: Week 6 is the final week to agree to trades. Remember that a trade will not process if one player has played in the week and the other has not. The final trades will process at the start of week 7.

Rosters Management

1. Roster Minimum: Teams must have a minimum of 48 players rostered to replicate NFL game day rosters.

2. TE/WR: A WR is never to play TE. If an audible results in a WR moving to TE then you are responsible for the mistake. Call a time out.

2A. TE's however may play as 3rd WRs.

3. WR/HB: - No HB at WR - There are extremely rare circumstances where a RB may be put as WR in the depth chart. If they play both positions in real life or if the situation makes sim sense. A good example is Reggie Bush, who is 6'1 and has 80+ route running. In those situations the RB may only be subbed in as a slot WR. It is best to run it by the commissioner before making such substitutions/position changes. This also applies to WRs as RBs.

3A. Please do not change a player's position in the offseason from WR to RB or RB to WR without consulting a Commish.

4. OL: May play any position along the Oline and may also play backup positions at TE.

5. DL: Interchangeable along the defensive line. Defensive ends may be used as 3-4 OLBs and vise versa.

6. DBs - All defensive backs are interchangeable.

7. HB/FB: You may put any FB at HB. When putting HBs at FB you must be very careful when considering whether or not the move makes sense for a sim league. Obviously Jamal Charles does not belong at FB. typically I will veto any player with good speed at FB unless they play the position in real life.

8. TE/FB: A blocking TE may be subbed as a FB. FBs in some cases may be subbed in at TE. A FB subbed in as TE cannot be a former RB.

SS/OLB: A Strong Safety may be changed to an outside linebacker providing they are at least 225lbs

10. Depth Charts: Should be set up realistically. For instance, you should not be putting a WR who is clearly the best WR on your team as your #3 WR. Use the game functions to move the player around.

Free Agency/Waivers

1. Waivers: After the offseason no free agents may be signed independent of the waiver process.

2. 5 Waiver Claims: Each team is allowed 5 waiver claims. The waiver order is determined by the standings from the previous madden season or by team ratings at the start of a madden cycle.

3. Waiver Process: When you make a waiver claim you must wait until the commissioner approves the claim before adding the player to your team. The waiver wait time is 24 hours OR until the next advance. Once you have been awarded a player your waiver position will drop to the last spot.

4. The Format: Team - Position - Player - Rating (Lions Claim: RB Barry Sanders 99)

5. Stealing Players: You may steal players from other team's practice squads VIA the waiver claim. In order for a valid practice squad steal to occur you must specify which team's practice squad your waiver claim is being stolen from. If the original owner does not save their player by adding them to their roster then the player will be awarded to the claiming team. (Eagles Claim: QB Tim Tebow 68 from Broncos Practice Squad)

Auto Fill: During the advance to week 1, after pre-season week 4, the CPU may fill your practice squad from free agency. Those players belong to you. We cannot police 150 simultaneous transactions so we have decided that those players will legally belong to the team that they were signed to.

* In some scenarios players will be allowed to fill roster spots with the lowest players in free agency. Ask permission before doing so.

I am always open to discuss modifying our rules or explain the thought process/history that resulted in the rule's creation. Every rule has a story and an explanation.

*****Test: Please sign that you have read this in the Facebook Thread along with the first and last letters of your Gamer Tag. EXAMPLE: Read HO. *************

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    No Streaming Account
  2. JOHNNYRONGHOLE3

JOHNNYRONGHOLE3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was informed by your leauge from @F3 Core read all the rules and I am interested in playing! good quality player looking for some competition!! Gamertag is @JOHNNYRONGHOLE3

No Streaming Account
  3. W3rdStSoldierW3

W3rdStSoldierW3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have read and agree to the rules of your league... I was referred to your league by @JOHNNYRONGHOLE3 and @F3 Core... I look forward to the chance of playing in the league

No Streaming Account