YES.........................

Discussion in 'Maple Leafs Gaming League - PSN' started by Sports Junky, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Sports Junky

Sports Junky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    YES.................

..................this game has DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe it was just my opponent, I don't know, but played online against the #1 ranked USC Trojans in USC and won a defensive battle in OT 6-0. Hard a hck to move the ball on O. ONLINE is filled with so much. I even used MESSENGER to talk to a friend INSIDE the game. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! This game rocks!!!!!!!!

No Streaming Account
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the computer can play D
    Jury is still out for me.

Seems like the guy holding the controller has a pretty small impact on D

its early though

3. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: YES.............

What is the messenger like? Is it only for those people that have signed up for the EA Service? And how do you message people, voice or through text?

No Streaming Account
  4. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: YES.............

Text with an on screen keyboard. Yes, only those on the EA service, but they don't have to be on your friends list. There is an option for voice chat, but couldn't figure that out last night and I didn't put a lot of time into trying to do so either.

5. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the guy holding the controller can have a big impact. I only played one game, but got 3 INT's. All off of tips and one of them I took control of the guy going for the tip ball and got it. I'm still trying to get used to the controls, but I like the D. I don't want a game where I am the only guy playing D and have to take over each man to get them into position like other football games. When you have that situation, there are too many holes in your defense. I like the fact that you can count on the AI to a certain extent, but not to the point of them doing it all. Now, I have only played one game and I definitely need more games before I can make a full analysis. I may be eating my words, but I don't think I will be when it is all said and done.

6. Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How do you do voice chat? I kept clicking the right analog button during the game, and heard some walkie talkie click sound, like those nextel phone things. Anyone know what thats for?

No Streaming Account
  7. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    During the game you just talk like normal.

Not sure how to get it to work in the lobby though.

socalguy - the text/voice chat thing is only for people in NCAA 2005. If you send a message to someone outside of the game, they won't get it. I'm assuming that this is a XBL 3.0 feature and once other games come out with 3.0 features like voice/text messaging, then it will work across other games.

PS. You have to signup for EA service to play online, you can't play online in XBL without it.

No Streaming Account
  8. Sports Junky

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    To do the voice chat you just got to Messenger in the game. Then there is a list of options. You just select the 'invite friend to voice chat' option.

No Streaming Account
  9. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep. Burnt and I did this early tonight. Pretty neat feature to be able to voice chat with someone before joining each other in the game setup screen.

No Streaming Account
  10. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I played a few games last night and was utterly disappointed... Maybe it was the settings but the game was just yuck.

No Streaming Account
  11. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What don't you like about it. I've played 3 ranked games so far (which are all on All American, 5min by default) and have had some great game. Very close battles, lots of defense. No multiple broken tackles like with Sega football and 400yd rushing games. Great change of pace, but I'm sure alot of the die-hard Sega fans will hate this game because it's not all offense and much much slower paced.

No Streaming Account
  12. Sports Junky

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think this is just great for our league. I see a ton of close games and should keep everyone interested. Mind now, that we'll all get better on O as the season progresses. Just my initial thoughts.

No Streaming Account
  13. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hate not having control over your running back, the controls just feel very sluggish, no cutbacks. I don't know why else, sometimes games just don't feel fun.

No Streaming Account
  14. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really like this game as well. Broken tackles are not happening all the time and the running back are actually averaging around 5 yds per carry or less. I haven't had a chance to play online yet but have really enjoyed the gameplay against the cpu.

No Streaming Account
  15. Sports Junky

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess the reason I like it so much is because right now it seems more sim than gameplay. I like not being able to break tackles in situations you shouldn't or come down with catches when the DB is on the receiver like glue. I think strategy and the chess type play calling moves will play a BIG role in this game.

No Streaming Account
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not a flame or anything but it strikes me as funny people think this game has more strategy than espn football.

At this point I can line up in espn look at the defensive formation and see what plays are going to work and what arent and I dont see that ever happening in this game.

Im a total newb so that may change.

As for catching in coverage. It seems as rampant in this game as espn. If you dont take control of the DB and swat the ball away consider it caught against a couple of the guys I played today. I dont care how many AI guys are around.

Its a quality game no doubt about it. Its not the answer to all our problems. :) Its got its ups and downs. A nice change from ESPN but I wouldnt say its any better.

I reserve the right to be completly wrong and change my mind in the future. :)

17. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    BUDDY LISTS ARE BACK!

No Streaming Account