Idea on how to make the league fair for everyone and the teams much more balanced

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by pensman66, Oct 10, 2014.

?

Do you believe a system like this would be fairer to everyone than the current?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure, need more information.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN

DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 5 / -7
    You put players together who don't like each other or play completely different styles then yes they're gonna be bad, bidding allows you to pick players that got together and play how you want them to play

DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN
  2. Poulin Wall 30

Poulin Wall 30 I can't play Thursday

Ratings:
    +95 / 1 / -0
    LG is supposed to simulate a real NHL and their isn't gold, silver, and bronze players in the NHL. Also Denham and myself wouldn't even be that big of contracts and we both have zero management experience and I feel that our team can contend with the best of them.

No Streaming Account
  3. pensman66

pensman66 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -25
    The gold/silver/bronze system is purely to put everyone on an even footing to start the season, and this system would be very similar to the real nhl. When a new gm steps in and takes over a franchise they don't reset the league and let everyone pick the players they wa

No Streaming Account
  4. Poulin Wall 30

Poulin Wall 30 I can't play Thursday

Ratings:
    +95 / 1 / -0
    people would just make new accounts on the LG site so they could be bronze players and it would ruin the integrity of the league

No Streaming Account
  5. pensman66

Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -25
    Wtf, half my post got cut off for no reason...

When Jim rutherford took over the Pens this offseason he completely transformed the team's identity. Between the Conference finals last season and game 1 this season the pens style of play completely changed. A good owner's duty is to take whatever group of players he's given and turn it into a winning franchise. This league would be no different.

No Streaming Account
  6. pensman66

Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -25
    Isn't that a second tag? And isn't that already a problem with the current system? Besides, if someone makes a second tag they still get randomly assigned so every team has a chance to get them. They can't only tell 1 person who they r so they can stack a team, so what's the real benefit for them? Also, if they make a second tag and nobody knows them, they risk being rated so low they don't make the nhl. Only a fixed number of players will make the nhl n it's sorted by highest bid value.

No Streaming Account
  7. pensman66

Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -25
    Owner bidding would be going on at the same time as player bidding, so you would be submitting all player bids at the same time. Also it would be easy to see erroneous bid values for an individual player and throw them out, like if all owner rate Ial Morando at 10 mill except shaun who rates him at 2 million, shaun's rating would be disregarded in the average.

No Streaming Account
  8. AZDvo

AZDvo Rocket Winner and #1 Ranked Player in Arizona.

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 27 / -48
    s18 Preds: A team ran into the ground by brown the previous season was reborn in one season with competent management despite a terrible bidding pool.
    [MENTION=6684]I Smash Fatties[/MENTION]

No Streaming Account
  9. Dunks

Dunks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DunksDynasty#3635
    Ratings:
    +1,643 / 53 / -79
    The whole point of being an owner is too build a winning team, not have someone or in this case an entire community do it for you. This isn't a youth soccer league where everyones team is equal in the interest of fairness. In most cases new owners have to prove themselves or have been around the league long enough to know who the good players are and who sucks. If they don't oh the fuck well. I'm not gonna play in a league where we care more about everyone being "happy" and teams being "balanced and fair" than competitiveness. That's just asinine.

• Like Like x 4
    DunksDynasty
  10. LeafsSteen

LeafsSteen -Mike

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    You're looking into "balanced and fair" the wrong way. Pens' suggestion is to create competitiveness by putting teams on a more even keel based on the fact that certain players wont play for certain people. His interpretation of "balance and fair" isn't a boohoo one team is bad and one team is good. Its not just about everyone being happy, its just searching for a solution to a problem. Just because something is already pretty decent, (LGHL) doesn't mean it shouldn't be met with criticisms to try and make it better.

Pensman suggestion would argueably breed more competitiveness than we have now.

No Streaming Account
  11. StickNick555

StickNick555 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    This. Part of the appeal of being an owner or GM is to make your team, not have one made for you.

Good idea Pens, but I'd be shocked if this was ever considered.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN

Ratings:
    +221 / 5 / -7
    So I there are 400 gold level forwards an only 270 NHL forward spots how do you tell those 130 gold players they aren't allowed in NHL because it would in balance the teams? They are here to play NHL not AHL so what then? And even fewer goalie spots

DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN
  13. LeafsSteen

LeafsSteen -Mike

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    The ratio of Gold/Silver/Bronze would just be a percentage based I would assume. If each team had 3 gold then you would only have 90 gold players to satisfy every team. You would only have bronze players in the AHL, im assuming?

Im not for or against this idea, im just chiming in. But I do agree its a refreshing change of pace in terms of solutions

No Streaming Account
  14. DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN

Ratings:
    +221 / 5 / -7
    He's saying you only get so many gold, silver, and bronze, therefor you're always saddled with bronze nubs who don't belong or deserve to be in the NHL to begin with

DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN
  15. LeafsSteen

LeafsSteen -Mike

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    yes but there are only enough gold's to satisfy the NHL need as well. You would only have 90 Gold tier players a season. They get divided evenly to the 30 teams. Then what happens to them after that is the owners prerogative

No Streaming Account
  16. DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN

Ratings:
    +221 / 5 / -7
    But thats not his idea at all, his idea is that on a 17 man roster you would get let's say 3 gold, 6 silver, and 8 bronze, obviously no owner is going to want bronze players when they could have bid for a mostly gold and silver team

DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN
  17. pensman66

Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -25
    You're misunderstanding my system. Under my system, it's impossible to have more than 90 gold players. The owners submit their bid value for all players in bidding. The 90 players with the highest average salary are automatically all gold. The next 150 players in average salary are automatically silver players. Anyone after that is automatically bronze. The only way this system would have to be manipulated would be if certain positions didn't have enough players, like only 160 of the defense signups qualified for the nhl based on average salary, then 20 ahl dmen would have to take the place of 20 nhl forwards in order for all rosters to have the correct number of skaters at every position.

No Streaming Account
  18. pensman66

Ratings:
    +85 / 5 / -25
    Even bronze players still have an average salary, so the more skilled bronze players would still be in the nhl and the no names would still be in the ahl/chl. I don't even see this as a new issue my system would cause. Unless you're going to tell me every player in the nhl belongs there this season and there are no nhl level players playing in the ahl by mistake, cuz I bet a lot of people would beg to differ with you on that one.

No Streaming Account
  19. StickNick555

StickNick555 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    Pensman, have you ever been management?

No Streaming Account
  20. DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN

Ratings:
    +221 / 5 / -7
    Then what the hell is the point of that? It makes no sense to handicap better owners because CHL level owners can't bid correctly

• Like Like x 1
    DOLPHWEEEEEEEEN