2ksports league site wish list

Discussion in 'LG2KPark' started by Tris10, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    As you guys know, I work for 2k sports now and one of my jobs is improving the online leagues. I already have a long list of cool new features that i will add in time for NBA 2k9 but want to hear from you guys and see what you guys would really like to see or what we could add to improve 2ksports online leagues service.

The floor is yours and we are listening.

2. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would like multiple seasons be able to go one after another. Maybe incorporate a standard draft list from college seniors and top players from 2k hoops get drafted into 2k8 NBA. It would enable a true franchise-like game from year to year. This may not be just on the website side, but its an idea nonetheless.

No Streaming Account
  3. Jepockn

Jepockn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    maybe if you could incorporate something like the dynasty mode in the online part.. such as sign free agents and manage finances.. tickets sales.. attendance.. and so on..

No Streaming Account
  4. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1) More flexible scheduling generating tools

2) real life divisions and conferences.

This is just to name a few I have a bigger list on my work computer.

No Streaming Account
  5. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    the biggest thing to me is scheduling for online leagues..it's ~*~*. they dont make even home/away games(i.e.- 21homegames/3away games).

-conferences/divisions, not just all one league

-commisioner team editing-allow us the ability to fix the rosters if they're not up to date. Instead of having to wait until a roster update. and also we can't get teams right if some teams aren't physically in league.

-"franchise mode" the ability to play multiple seasons with 1 group of guys would be sweet, with ongoing rosters. Instead of having to totally reset the league we could just "advance to next season" using the current rosters. Even if it was only available for 2 seasons at a time. it'd be perfect for online leagues as we like to run 2 leagues per game.

-Far fetched, but instead of having a "weekly schedule" just have a schedule. And instead of only being able to view the week 1 games that were "scheduled for the week" we could just view the ACTUAL games played. seeing as how almost every league now uses a flex schedule it makes a weekly schedule pointless.

-working power rankings. if i'm gunna win 2 in a row i shouldn't drop.

-all star game option that works in simleagues. not a must but an option button like how you can do a draft. if u want to.

-Do Not allow editing players positions or shooting styles. I've heard things on this but if ppl were allowed to have the shot style they wanted it would dampen the game.

-viewable shot chart on site/game disc. also a more in-depth stats part, mainly speaking: team stats. 2nd chance points, points in paint.

-game recorder. many people think it would be cool to be able to watch the actual game but i think that'd be a strain on the internet. so just make it so you can save a game or an entire quarter. Heck even the last 2 minutes in the 4th would be cool. watching a team come back and nail a last second jumper.

-Ratings in the thumbnail. if i hold my mouse over a player i'm thinkin bout trading for i can see his weight, height, ppg,apg,rpg. Getting their ratings in their somewhere would be nice.

many members make comments in game so i'll post more later...i think this is a good start

BingoKing91
  6. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    oh yeah and can you please get their customer service guys to get off their butts...those guys are as useful as wet toilet paper. they don't respond to ANY emails. thats just a friendly request u could just pass on

BingoKing91
  7. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

really, I am shocked :shock:

No Streaming Account
  8. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    This is great stuff guys, keep it coming! I think you guys are really going to enjoy whats coming for 2k9!

9. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    To expand on bingo's game recorder idea, why not just take the highlights the game already shows and make it so it could be a full highlight reel for the league website. Maybe include a little blurb about what the highlight is, or let the user put in caption and upload it to the 2k site, then it could have audio from league members added to it for a show. We could make our own highlight shows a la SportCenter.

No Streaming Account
  10. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Resetting games is sometimes difficult. It can be difficult to find the week the game needs to be reset in. How about an option in the game that is played that states the week it was scheduled for?

I am not sure if this thread only applies to basketball, but for hockey I would like to see an option for just playoffs. Plus, an option for two on two league would be nice.

Another idea is having two people control more than one team each. This way you could have a playoff tree that is the same as the NHL or NBA, and have two players control all the teams. Or something like, two players play in the playoffs, the other games get simmed. Round two starts and a human player can control the CPU team. This could go on until the finals.

No Streaming Account
  11. Blaudawg

Blaudawg Bulldawg Nation's Finest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    when a game drops have the option to save game and that way if mutually agreed, the teams can continue where the game dropped off. im not sure if this is possible, but ive seen it done for some computer games, not sure if it would work for the box

No Streaming Account
  12. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also if possible generate a box score for both teams.

No Streaming Account
  13. WilloMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    • Playoffs stats and finals games to actually retain box score stats. Every finals i've ever been part off seems to have the same issue keeping stats of the games in basketball.
    • Change the frontpage of the site once it enters the playoffs with the playoff logo. or Split finals teams logo in the middle of page.
    • Game courts dont show NBA playoffs logo when in playoff or in finals like in NBA 2k7.
    • Able to invite a person into the league/tournament without any issues.
    • While in league lobby through game have a number show up with the members of that league that are on xbox live, so that you can just pull the list up without having to move to the "members list" and send them a quick message to all the are part and online in that league.
    • To make scheduling easy, let messages sent from the website or the league room in game have the message(s) go to the person's email(if registered as a contact means), xbox live account, and the site itself. Can also have the same option for trades and league changes. Would like an option also to decide to receive these messages or not.
    • Fantasy Draft league like in Yahoo.
    • Able to have different playoffs games per round. 5-5-5-7 or 5-5-7-7, etc. or even 1-1-1-3. :-D
    • SPEC TA TOR MODE...I know you can do it TRIS! Just set the players to be 16bit avatars.

No Streaming Account
  14. AkaBalla2k

AkaBalla2k Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -7
    You can do that now since 2k7

No Streaming Account
  15. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I meant with keeping the rosters and such, like a franchise mode as bones suggested.

No Streaming Account
  16. AkaBalla2k

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -7
    You can advance a season as u can play numerous seasons with the same rosters.. So your team now With Bosh and Howard you will have forever if you choose not to trade them.. :razz:

To add to what you want as far as rookies or a draft, no you cannot do this.. Just the rosters that we've played with over and over.

No Streaming Account
  17. AkaBalla2k

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -7
    Some ideas right now..

1. Having online drafts on the console or website. (This is for the folks who work during the draft times who have access to their computers)

2. The franchise league. Same as offline as far as a draft class being able to work out prospects before you draft, as the whole league can do this and build there teams along with fatigue and players retiring!

3. Whats up with the injuries? It seems with the injury slider set to 100 theres still no injuries during league play. This is touchy though becuase im sure we dont want injury after injury, but there must be a formula to make them realistic, random etc...

4. I could go on and on but your asking questions for leagues in general. But i wanted to throw this one out there......... Flagrant fouls, Technicals even fights!!! (They could use the 2k boxing game for the engine of the fighting) Along with suspensions...

No Streaming Account
  18. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    i'd like to see better foul animations..this year we have to litereally hug a guy to get a foul called in late game situations. in the nba a hard slap will get the call in late game...i know thats a gameplay thing but just wanna really throw it out there

BingoKing91
  19. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
  20. WilloMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    -That would be nice to keep the fouls consistent through all quarters until under 1 minute in the 4th were it's harder to get a foul. Teams should be able to average over 20 FT attemps per game.

-Less canned contact animations that get either your shot blocked or get no blocking foul call out of it.

No Streaming Account