Do you play Soccer??

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by Hellbound, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Hellbound

Hellbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IF you have put your accomplishments here. i would like to see whos a player:

My Bio:
    Position: Left Wing (Forward)
    40 Time: 4.5 sec as Freshmen in high school
    MVP State Cup (California) This is for club teams not Recreation
    2 Time MVP on my Club Team ( Played with them 2 years)
    Accepted to play with any Club team in California for free
    Accepted to play with US Team (My Age) in Belguim( Turned it down)

Your probably like what happened to my soccer career. Well I went to high school, the soccer coach came out the 1st day of try outs before anything tryouts started and told me that I wouldnt play Varsity. I was pissed so i told him " FUCK YOU " I walked away. Mid season the Jv coach persuaded me to play with 4 games left. I went out and scored 10 goals in those 4 games. I had more problems with the varsity coach so i gave up my passion. So after not playing in 4 years i decided to come out and play college. I came out, out of shape and weak. So i got cut. Now my goal it to train harder and become a great player like before

Whats your stories :D

No Streaming Account
  2. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice.

When I use to live in Australia I played for Club Teams. I played both indoor soccer and outdoor soccer, but out of the two, I prefered outdoor. Indoor is fun as hell just whacking people in the face. But, I didn't really get any "accomplishments". I mean in Australia and England, for young sports teams, they don't give out individual awards, which I think is good. It means that some kids don't feel down because others got the award. Our team in Australia quite a few tournaments, and won our league 2 times out of 3. Then I left, so never kept on with it.

The two times that I have lived in England, I also played club soccer and loved it even more. Quite a few times after soccer games we would end up going to Premiership Soccer Games, as a team which was really fun. Same deal though, no individual awards.

No Streaming Account
  3. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Both very impressive careers, I played some club soccer up in ND for quite a few years, but ending up quitting after a while because I missed the birthdate by a week to play with all my hockey friends. I also had a bad experience with one of our "star" players who just yelled at everyone to do something better, which doesn't make for a good team morale. After that I have played rec soccer on and off when time allows me. I will more than likely continue with it in college. I mostly just used soccer to stay in shape during the summer for hockey.

No Streaming Account
  4. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really have no special accomplishments or anything. I played for a city team in Aberdeen, SD for about 8 years. 1 year we were able to make it to the state championships and made it to the semifinals eventually taking third overall. Nothing really impressive. 1 year I had 6 goals in 8 games played :D

No Streaming Account
  5. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aberdeen huh? I remember playing them in hockey a couple times, they were all giant players it was crazy when you are just entering the Pee Wee level when checking is allowed. Never got the chance to play them in soccer, have you ever heard of Red River Soccer Association?

No Streaming Account
  6. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When the Red River flows, hit the dirt road.

No Streaming Account
  7. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is three sports that Aberdeen takes seriously and that is soccer,baseball, and hockey. I have never lived anywhere else where the youth sports programs is as well done as it was in Aberdeen.

Red River Soccer Association sounds familiar but not entirely sure.

No Streaming Account