Flaw in the game!

Discussion in 'LG World Tour' started by Babolat, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azdef01

azdef01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, like I said the first time, I did not use the slow serve out wide AT ALL nor did I heavily use the spoon serve during our first match. In fact, I used to spoon serve on you and Ragin Wahoo (first tourney) to change the pace / surprise both of you. I do not consider my use of the spoon serve as one of things that gave me the win.

No Streaming Account
  2. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good, I'm glad that you didn't consider your spoon serves something that won you the match, because niether did my slow serving. If you can recall, I broke you after I learned your serving patterns fairly easily, and I just out played you. It wasn't the "cheap" serving, or spoon serving, hell...it wasn't the serving period, it was just good playing.

I think people here are just mad because they lost. I didn't complain about losing, hell, I wanted to ban that slow serve after it helped me win because I know what tennis is. But guess what, its in the game to stay, and unless we get a unanimous vote to ban it, it will stay for next season as well.

The slow serve is not real tennis, but I can surely tell you that a ton of things in this game it not real tennis. It wasn't meant to be real tennis, so DEAL WITH IT! Learn to use it, or not. But believe me, when someone start ripping my risk serves back and I start losing, I am changing the pace and mixing it up. Finding a way to win is tennis.

I hate to be this way, but people just cant leave this alone.

No Streaming Account
  3. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow... swoop goals in nhl2k3... slow serves in topspin...whats the video gaming world coming to :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  4. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Crap, its coming to crap. People just can't take losing so they start complaining. But when they win, its all good.

No Streaming Account
  5. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well thats how it works in the real sports world too sometimes...

btw i forgot broken tackles in nfl2k4 :)

No Streaming Account
  6. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So you admit that you used the spoon serve, right?!

Then what do you think a "slow serve" is? Its just spoon serve that you don't use the "L" trigger with. Its looks different, but it does the same thing. It pulls the player up, and makes him hit a weak shot if he is not prepared. Its the same thing. And I bet you never hit that spoon serve down the line either. Once again, same thing, its a slow, out wide serve.

No Streaming Account
  7. azdef01

azdef01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm referring to the spoon serve (using the L Trigger) mentioned in the Top Spin Manual (pages 4 and 10).

Yes, I admit to using the spoon serve.

Preparation? During our match, it did not matter where I was on the court. I tried returning the serve inside, on the line, and behind the baseline using all five shots a varying number of times. The only shot that produced any results in my favor was the risk shot (about 5 successful / 4 errors / 4 returned by you for the immediate or eventual win).

No Streaming Account
  8. Ragin Wahoo

Ragin Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [Babolat Edit] Please no swearing on this site ("craps" and giggles), and if you have any comments directly aimed at a specific individual, please use a PM, that is what those are for.

Closing this thread down from losing focus on what the topic was, and becoming a flame war.

No Streaming Account
  9. Babolat

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm sorry that your gameplan didn't work. You tried the same thing that I tried, though mine worked, so as long as you have the right skills and the right stars you can beat a person doing that. The only thing that I was doing was trying a serve that should be around pages 4 and 10 as well.

And once again, you broke my serve numerous of times, and it wasn't like I used that serve everytime either. This match wasn't based soley on serving.

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.