League Gaming: The Magazine: NOW HIRING Staff Writers: Details Inside!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by MR PAPPAGI0RGIO, Feb 24, 2007.

1. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

MR PAPPAGI0RGIO Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    League Gaming: The Magazine would like to formally announce that we are hiring writers to be a part of, and help build the future for, an exciting new feature that League Gaming has been generous and excited enough to fully sponser and support. So here's your chance to join an already amazing group of people on staff to help make League Gaming the choice for all gamers out there looking for healthy competition. LG:TM Magazine will be a subset staff of the main site staff that focuses on putting out a bi-weekly virtual magazine. We are looking to hire, initially, a staff of 5-7 working writers. Each writer will be given a "Title" based on their area of expertise, such as NFL Editor, NHL Editor, NBA Editor, MLB Editor, and finally Features Editor. Initially these will be your area's of expertise and focus. The Features Editor will have an ever changing area of expertise, meaning you won't just focus on one league, but a multitude of stories from issue to issue. We recommend more experienced writers to apply for the Features Editor position.

If hired, you will focus on and be required to write one full, professionally done, article for each issue (1 Article Every Two Weeks). You will have deadlines for article ideas, article rough drafts, article revisions, and final print. Once the brand has been established and operating smoothly, we will add additional writers to the staff, thus allowing us to form a rotation of sorts with the writers to give writers a break every now and again (every 3rd issue or so, and of course to cover vacations). Outlined below you will find a list detailing what we're looking for to be the initial group of writers to introduce the magazine. The descriptions below are mearly a guide to help you understand what will be expected, but also could change of the course of the process. This type of venture is a new idea, and a new concept we're trying, so we're going to keep in mind there is a learning process and we will adjust as needed.

If you would like to apply to be an Official Staff Writer for League Gaming: The Magazine please read the following outline regarding requirements.
    • You will need to have the time available to write an article roughly once every two weeks (from start to finish). Keep in mind you will need to have a rough draft done in a timely manner, so that revisions can be made before virtual print.
    • You will need to be able to use proper grammar and spelling.
    • You will need to be able to embrace constructive criticism. Always keep in mind any feedback you get on your article will be to help produce the greatest possible product for the site.
    • You will need to be able to meet deadlines.
    • You will need to able to write your article in a professional manner as if it'd be something you might read in a real sports magazine.
    • Be able to work for very low pay, um, yeah, I mean no pay. :p
    • Also be willing to write small blurbs for a small staff area blog type thing.
    • These and additional guidelines are subject to change.

So, how do you apply? Here's what you need to do:
    • Decide which position you are applying for: NBA Editor, NFL Editor, NHL Editor, MLB Editor, or Features Editor.
    • Come up with an idea for an article.
    • Write an article based on you're idea. Keep in mind the article you submit will play an extremely large role in whether or not you are hired to be an LG:TM Staff Writer.
    • On your own, proofread and correct any spelling, gramatical, or paragraphical (Such as using words that aren't really words, like paragraphical) mistakes.
    • Send in the form below by copying and pasting a completed form to Mr. Pappagiorgio and Nosice.

If hired, you will have the distinction of being the first writers to ever grace the virtual pages of LG:TM. You will be given titles based on your focus area, and you will also be given access to a special LG:TM writers lounge where you will do all your pre-print work. Everything from article conception to final print copy will be done in this private LG:TM Staff forum. We hope to find writers as excited as we are to take such an engrossing and massive step into offering members of LeagueGaming an experience that won't be available anywhere else on the web. Please copy, paste, and fill out the form below to Formally apply for a writing position. We expect to hire writers within a 2-3 week time frame, and please be expecting a quick turnaround from the hiring to first magazine print. If you do a good enough job in your sample article, you may not have much work to do for the first issue.

ENTRY FORM BELOW (COPY AND PASTE) (PM TO nosice and Mr. Pappagiorgio)

Member Name:
    Position Applying for:
    Sample Aritcle Title:
    Sample Article:

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MARCH 9th
    Thanks very much for your interest, and we look forward to bringing you this exciting new feature very soon!
    [​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  2. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also guys, if you are planning on Applying, it would be helpfull if you posted below that you're going to be applying. Just to give us an idea of how many people are interested. Thanks, and looking forward to working with you guys!

No Streaming Account
  3. ExArmySgt

ExArmySgt <b>Madden NFL Commissioner </b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I plan on it. I was a newswriter for my HS paper and took 1st place in News Writing at district UIL. I was 2nd alternate in regionals, the only person on the paper's staff that even placed. Not saying I should be writing for S.I. or anything, but I have a little experience doing it.

No Streaming Account
  4. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will be submitting an article for the NHL Editor position. I have no previous honors or qualifications but I like writing.:mrgreen:

5. targetthyself

targetthyself Libert galit Fraternit

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll be applying to an NHL Editorial position.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  6. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also guys, if there are multiple people applying for the position you are interested in, don't let that detract you from applying. If you submit a QUALITY article we'll find a place for you in the Magazine. We're looking for guys who can write good quality stuff, so if we have two or more really good articles for the same position, we'll look at both carefully and maybe both writers will be offered positions, or you might be offered and alternate position. So don't let that detract you guys from submitting.

No Streaming Account
  7. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Will there be a college football position? I know there won't be a league until August or so for that but I'd be interested in writing for that or possibly the NFL. Maybe we could do some real world articles or recaps of the past seasons at LG.

No Streaming Account
  8. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There will be an NCAA position when the league becomes active again, probably a position that would open up as the league begins to re-organize for its next season. But being as there wouldn't really be much to write about currently, you'd be better off applying for the NFL Position.

No Streaming Account
  9. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good. I'll apply for it.

No Streaming Account
  10. Virtual Assassin

Virtual Assassin Champ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not gonna apply, but sounds like ok idea

No Streaming Account
  11. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just a reminder, you guys still have 1 full week to submit an application.

We're looking for guys to cover every league and a couple extra guys.

No Streaming Account
  12. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys just a reminder, the application deadline is this week. So far we've only recieved 1 entry. We can't have this feature if you guys don't help support it, we're counting on you to make it happen!

Get those applications in or we probably won't be able to support this :(

No Streaming Account
  13. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Due to work and family obligations I've had zero time to work on this. I don't expect to have any more time this week either, so it looks like I won't be submitting. I think what you're doing is a fantastic idea, and wish you nothing but success with this project.

-Pete

14. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At this point its 50/50. There doesn't look to be a whole lot of interest in writing for it currently. I guess we'll see what submissions come in and go from there. I was expecting with all the members here that we would at least get 10 submissions with hopefully five really solid ones, but currently, I'm not expecting to even recieve 5. I hope I'm proven wrong though. We'll see.

No Streaming Account
  15. Probert

Probert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    rK,

I still intend to submit something, but it won't be in time to meet the deadline. I understand the importance of deadlines, and my inability to meet it is the main reason I've taken my name out of contention. That said, I really do enjoy writing very much and I intend to submit something once it is written. Like so many ideas it is 80% completed in my head, just wish I could pull more time out of thin air to get it done.

I'd like to reiterate that I think you have a great idea here, and one that I think will catch on even if there is very little input from members at the beginning. It might mean a lot more work for those of you as admins behind the scenes, but the idea certainly seems worth the time investment.

You have my word that I will submit something in the very near future. I wish I could give the same assurance for the deadline.

-Pete

16. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't know about writing an article every 2 weeks, but I have a "filler" idea. Why not get the Commissioners from each league to submit something to each issue? Like a "From the Commissioner's DesK" piece. I would be willing to give updates on what's happening in the MLB. Maybe Bryan and I could take turns.

Just an idea. I think the magazine is a great idea and would hate to see it not come to fruition. I may submit for the MLB Editor if I understood what type of articles you are looking for? Are you looking for game recaps or features on teams and owners?

No Streaming Account
  17. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The article topics are up to the writers. Anything that would be interest to read and entertaining for the members of the site.

No Streaming Account
  18. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Application deadline is today fellas. Hope to be recieving a solid number of article applications today. Thanks everyone.

No Streaming Account
  19. Conner McCloud

Conner McCloud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I sent in my application for the MLB editor

No Streaming Account
  20. MR PAPPAGI0RGIO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did you send it in to Nosice? Just curious, I didn't recieve a pm?

No Streaming Account