LG Online Association Sign-Up Thread

Discussion in 'LG2KPark' started by bingo king, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Alright guys new season, NEW FEATURE here we're going to use. NBA 2k has introduced the online association and I've been playing with it for a few days, and it is AWESOME.(Commish options are lacking BUT being in one is fun) We're gonna keep the member count in the 10-14 range so we don't have to run around scheduling with other players on a tight schedule. The FLEX is cool but commishes have no power on slowing it down or Speeding it up. It's an automatic advance every day. I'm thinking once the website is launched more things will become available but that's speculation right now.

Some options we'll be using:
    --12 minute quarters
    --All-Star Difficulty(had one with 5 guys on superstar and after 23 combined games we had 2 wins. put it on all-star, still lost but not by 30-50.it's a harder 2k this year)
    --Injuries on
    --My feeling is 28 games. It gives everyone one game against everyone while not being a grind. 58-82 becomes a long season and i wanna get multiple seasons in with maximum amount of members.

If you guys have any questions or comment please get in contact with me either through here or through private message. I check both regularly.

And now for the sign-ups. In order to sign-up please post:
    1)Member Name
    2)Gamertag
    3)Top 3 choices. Please include at least one of a seperate conference so we can keep close to an even amount of owners to each conference.

Also if you know fellow sim players lookin for a league please point them in our direction. We're always looking for fresh guys to come in and help this league grow.

Let's have a good one guys.

Bingo King
    NBA Commissioner

BingoKing91
  2. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    1)Bingo King
    2)Bingo King
    3)--1:Chicago Bulls....2:Houston Rockets...3:Memphis Grizzlies

BingoKing91
  3. kue2086

kue2086 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1)Kue2086
    2)Kue2086
    3)--1:Boston,Orlando, Thunder

No Streaming Account
  4. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1)willoman
    2)st willoman
    3)bobcats, clippers, warriors

No Streaming Account
  5. Nosa12

Nosa12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1)Nosa12
    2)D Choosen one
    3)--1:Maimi Heat.2 Dallas Mavericks.3: New York Knicks

No Streaming Account
  6. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The automatic advance everyday has me confused. Can you elaborate on this?

7. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    roughly it goes like this.

At the beginning there are 20 "2k schedule days" open. and depending on how many games and your teams schedule you may have 6 games you may have 10 games open in the slot. This gives you a headstart.

Now depending on the speed you have it set at the league advances "X" 2k days for every real life 24 hours. The O.A. i'm in right now is set to normal or slow( it escapes me right now). So in my league with my setting it advances 3 times throughtout 24 hours. Once every 8 hours. and that timer is on the 2k game O.A. home page. So you always know how much time u got.

Also with this the trading is a very SLLLOOOWWWW process which is a pain in the butt yet is also nice as it gives everyone a chance to review trades. but roughly trades take 36 real hours to be ok'd and pushed through...another 8 hours if it goes to arbitration due to a member "veto'ing" your proposed trade due to them feeling the trades not legit.

Me and my friends are getting games in quickly and the league runs smooth. A few kinks from 2k servers still trying to get corrected but overall it is a very fun and inventive take on it. The one REAL problem is that commishes have ZERO power to veto or reset games.So it's a very user ran thing right now so having good sim/legit players is a big must.we haven't gotten to offseason and that does scare me that may get simmed automatically also instead of allowing the commish to set a time to get things done to ensure as many members as possible are there. It's a huge part of running a franchise and im worried 2k dropped the ball. I have a test O.A. site running through a season now to see though for sure.

does that make sense? I can try to get more in-depth but that is really the jist of it. but it is confusing so just ask away.

BingoKing91
  8. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't play every day. I was wanting to play a game every two our three days. I'm not sure that works here though. Seems like I would need to play every day and possibly multiple games every day. I'm I correct with this thinking?

9. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    No. It seems that way at 1st but its not.you get a 8ish game headstart and than games slowly trickle in. The times you'd run into problems is if u were gone for like 4 days cuz that's 12 gamedays and you'd have a few hands unlocked but u gotta assume thosell be mostly cpu that u can play whenever u get a chance.

BingoKing91
  10. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    So far:
    Bingo-Grizzlies(to adjust)
    Demon-Jazz(i was told he'd be joining late, after a vaca)
    Marauders-Mavericks

Nosa-Heat
    Kue-Boston
    Willo-Bobcats
    Realdeal-Pistons

How willing are you guys? I just restarted a 58 game season and set the pace to fast(and 82 games) so seasons would only take a month and a half roughly. with it set to normal our 58 game season would have ended around christmas.

a 28 game schedule doesn't shorten the games months, only the amount of games. so your games would be farther apart. also setting it to normal would take roughly 3 months to finish.

I'm thinking 28 games on Fast setting. This would mean a videogame day advance every 6 hours. Might sound fast but with only 28 games the games would be spread apart much more so games would "open" up to play somewhat slowly.

2 more quick notes:
    1:playoff length. i was thinking 3 games or 5 games series.
    2:Cpu trading. The logic in this game for cpu to cpu trades is kind of crazy. Myplayer i'm further into the season and the nearly the entire rockets team has been overturned. In my other O.A. a trade of chauncey and walker happened for Nash and Hill.

I want to hear your guys' feelings and what you think. If you have questions on any aspect of it ask as me and my friends have tried to really boil this feature down and figure it out.

I want to start this O.A. this weekend preferably Friday or Saturday just so you guys know we're coming close. So thursday I'll be locking in teams as they Show above. If you want to change teams let it be known soon.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
    BingoKing91
  11. realdeal

realdeal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Realdeal
    Realdeal
    Detroit Pistons

No Streaming Account
  12. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around this. so, 28 games on fast would take approx how long to play? 1.5 months? If so, that is a game average of 1 every 1.6 days. or 1 every 36 hours. And this is just an average. Sometimes I would need to play a couple of games back to back almost? Is this right? I'm just looking at 28 games that I would need to play in 45 days. This is based off of the month and a half to finish a season.

I'm just trying to figure it out because I am thinking of joining, but I can't be married to this game and play it every day. Or lets just say, I don't want to have to play it ever day. I am in football leagues and want to play some shooter games here in another month too.

13. kue2086

kue2086 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im good with majority rule

No Streaming Account
  14. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    right now we only have(as of right now) 6 people games. so the other 24 games can be played basically whenever you feel. Right off the bat 6ish games are unlocked and you can play those whenever is convenient for you as long as you play the earliest dated games 1st. they wont get simmed.you can play the games

BingoKing91
  15. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll give it a go.

Marauders
    Marauders
    Dallas Mavericks
    Chicago Bulls
    Oklahoma City Thunder

16. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    just so u guys know i'll prolly set the league up tonite and the timer will start for the O.A. to begin in 12 hours from that. I'll post when i do with details.

BingoKing91
  17. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I might not be able to get the game until Monday. I have to wait to get paid.

18. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I picked it up today. Ready to go.

19. x20xSJoSTRoMx11

x20xSJoSTRoMx11 Two-Time LG Cup Champ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    x20xsjostromx11
    x20xsjostromx11
    OKC, GS, ATL
    Though if you've already started i might take a team to even out conferences or if all three teams are off to weak starts a 8-16 ranked team.

No Streaming Account
  20. pete magnum791

pete magnum791 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    any more to join?

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.