LGBA Season 29 Playoff Preview & Predictions Part 1: (1) Magic vs (8) Heat

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Natural Snag, Nov 22, 2021.

?

Can the Heat steals a game?

Poll closed Nov 29, 2021.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Depends on Shabazz

100.0%
  1. Natural Snag

Natural Snag Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -2
    Every day this week I will be writing about one of the 4 first round playoff series. Today, we’ll start with the 1 v 8 matchup. It’s the Orlando Magic vs the Miami Heat.

Let’s start with the Heat. Going into the start of the season, they looked like they could contend. Rainy was at the helm and they had a good 2 lines of depth around him, excluding the Center spot. Or so we thought. The Heat had a horrible first 2 weeks, sitting out of the playoff picture. Until HBB Rise stepped up. Rise wheeled and dealed to improve the team. In the end, the Heat ended up with a roster consisting of Shabazz and STG Beast at PG (although I doubt Shabazz will show up in this series for his team to play). As well as some solid role guys like Viktomize, Should, Hurltio & BigMike. The comeback this team made was incredible, but it’s in doubt whether they can complete this comeback story.

The Magic. The Magic, like Miami, lost their owner in the middle of the season. However, unlike Miami, the Magic were still in a really good position. That position became even greater once Viz became owner and the Magic now had 6 million to spend in cap with only 1 roster spot filled, compared to having 10 players & being capped out. But that’s a different story for a different time. Viz used that extra 6 million, as expected, to build a hard to beat unit. At the PG spots they have B Rab and Paca. Two solid players who on different teams may look a bit worse but, this team is so defensively sound it doesn’t matter. Their defense boasts Viz himself, Xhump, & MikeyG along with the 500k gang. This team is ridiculous and they definitely have a chance to make a run at the title.

Predictions:

While I’ll heavily be rooting for STG Beast & his team to find a way to make this a series, I don’t think the Heat can do this, especially without Shabazz playing. The Magic have boxed Beast all year and there’s no good reason as to why that would change. Barring Shabazz coming back, I see the Magic sweeping this series in blowout fashion, 3-0.

Be sure to look out for tomorrow’s write up where I’ll preview the 2 v 7 matchup, the the 76ers vs the Knicks.

No Streaming Account