LGHL vs Esports (ESHL)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Aug 14, 2017.

1. JFLuyken

JFLuyken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -5
    Although the need for a suicide watch crew for all goalies playing this format might cut into some of those profits.

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Choco Brown6890

Choco Brown6890 A little Chocolate?

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    A lot of negative talk in this thread. So I'll just give you guys an actual way to have the community you seek.

1. $15 dollar buy-ins per player is way too little. This allows people who aren't serious about E-Sports sign up and flake. You will have to recruit serious players and make a serious league. $100 dollar buy ins per player at the least.

2. A longer set season with ladders as well as large scale tournaments is the way to go. When I say large scale I just mean large in terms of promotion and advertising. The season can be one off games for teams to practice and the tournaments are large buy-in large prize pool and pay out like poker. Lots of people can get in the money.

3. ESHL players don't play in the LGHL - LGHL is for casuals. ESHL players each have a streaming channel dedicated to their games if a team isn't streaming they forfeit. This way every game is recorded can be reviewed and money for the team can be generated. Digging deeper LG would have the funds to pay someone to manage each team and they would be responsible for fielding a team at all times and having a steady stream during play hours (Whenever they may be).

4. This league is promoted as the place the top NHL players play - Strong promotion and dedicated players will be needed to make any E-sports league work. The league would need consistent branding and streaming to gain traction and you would need the top players from every league out there to take the product to the next level. I think teams should be made of up to 15 players each then tournaments run like the current pro-series for the formations of potential all-star teams and something to talk about.

If you make it the next level then it would be the next level. But since there's an issue with commitment players would have to first commit with dollars and let their skills earn them money. Eventually you'll work on way to generate money and players fees can go down. Good news is that LG already has all the technology to make all of this work. They also already have a relationship with EA. It's just planning and execution.

***- We would be years away from ESHL being a full time job... So if people are thinking video game hockey is a meal ticket, get a job at McDonalds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. JmOnEy2436

JmOnEy2436 Goalie Consultant

Ratings:
    +929 / 9 / -14
    There will be a foundation where 5% of the pool goes to to help those goalies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    TheCreasePolice
  4. Vague Being

Vague Being Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 2 / -0
    Goalie in 3s is way more interesting than 6s. In 6s I spend 75% of my time doing absolutely nothing waiting for turds or a turnover with very few necessary saves

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Delusional6346

Delusional6346 First Ballot 19 and 2nd ranked player in Arizona

Ratings:
    +195 / 183 / -207
    In all honesty, if you (lg) would get ea to take on and sponsor you. Your site and coordination with managers n 3 different leagues, I applaud you guys over all of these "pro" sites n wannabes. Get ea to adopt your idea n/or get them to buy it out right. I wish all esports will one day be as advanced as this league n group of gamers

No Streaming Account
  6. mfricha-

mfricha- Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,032 / 8 / -44
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57
    do a bunch of non buy in tourneys to start the season so that it gives teams that arent the well known or most talented playing better competition ( which helps LG competition wise )

after the tourneys are played have a points system determining the top teams and have a buy in for those teams.

No Streaming Account
  8. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    Like many people said, this won't get big until EA backs it....

F1 is starting esports even.... f1esports.com

• Like Like x 1
    Scheckel29