LGMMA - State of the League Address

Discussion in 'LG WWE League' started by Sevv09, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    LGMMA - State of the League Address

With the first season of LGMMA quickly approaching the championship tournaments stage, I would like to welcome everyone who has expressed interest. With @Oo TheMVP oO @Rammered @sicka moose 239 all assisting in the creation of this league, we are finalizing the rules and structure of LGMMA. Sign ups for the league are currently open at http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/showthread.php?204318-LGMMA-Official-Sign-Up-Thread . The targeted date for the championship tournaments are July 27th till August 2nd.

After talking with @Tris10 we need to prove to the site that this league will be stable and run well if we want to gain not only site support but mobile support. I feel this is fair enough as we need to prove to him that his time placed into LGMMA is well worth it. Staff positions will be decided according to the rules in place, with everything being decided prior to the championship tournament.

Finally the proposed schedule which will be flexible with the league’s fighters but first proposal is:

July 27-August 1 : Championship Tournament
    August 3 - August 9: Week 2
    August 10 - August 16: Week 3
    August 17 - August 22: Week 4
    August 23: LGMMA 1
    August 24 - August 30: Week 5
    August 31 - September 6: Week 6
    September 7 - September 13: Week 7
    September 14 - September 19: Week 8
    September 20: LGMMA 2
    September 21 - September 27: Week 9
    September 28 - October 4: Week 10
    October 5 - October 11: Week 11
    October 12 - October 17: Week 12
    October 18 & October 19: LGMMA 3
    (The Final PPV everyone will have a match)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
    Sevv_09
  2. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    State of the League: July 26, 2014

First off I want to thank everyone who has voted, commented, private messaged, and recruited for the league. When we first talked about this we thought we would be successful if we nabbed 16 people for the first season. With 32 active fighters and one waiting to be placed we are looking forward to seeing how many mid-season sign ups we get to hopefully place one or more divisions during the season. If you have ideas, concerns, questions feel free to approach me via PM or Xbox live message (PM will most likely be the better means of getting in touch with me).

While we may have handled staff a bit differently than other leagues on the site, you have both selected fine motivated people in [MENTION=11701]l1l Gabella l9l[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7284]sicka moose 239[/MENTION]. While they have their positions they are primarily responsible for, all of staff will be covering everyone’s positions as we will be dealing with a lot to keep everything running as smooth as possible. We will also be relying on the community for input into things to really have you guys shape this league and how it grows. You will be polled in the next week on a few topics concerning LGMMA #1 and after the event.

That gold is about to be decided and with it “The Ultimate Fighter” award will be given out to the winner of each weight class. These awards have already been processed into the system by [MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION] so make sure you thank him for the support we have gotten so far. We currently don’t have anyone on the “media” team other than myself, so I may be asking a few people to help me vote on awards for the first week such as: Knockout of the Week, Submission of the Week. We haven’t decided if we will give out a Fight of the Night award for the overall tournament yet.

Finally concerning “streaming”, I may have worded this wrong in general. I will go back through the rule with staff and make sure it is cleared up. When we looked at making this league in the chat box one night, we all decided that there was no way every fight shouldn’t be recorded. There should be video evidence of every fight, any dispute with a lack of video evidence will be rematch or a double DQ. I suggested twitch because of the auto archive option and that it is native to the Xbox One. I plan over the next couple of days, to put together a recording how to, so that everyone is aware of their options on capturing the fights.

Finally thanks again to all the fighters, and hopefully someone on staff wins at least a match in the tournament!

• Like Like x 4
    Sevv_09
  3. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    State of the League Address August 19, 2014

So while we had aimed to not need a beta season for LGMMA it would seem that we had to revert the first season into one. While many people signed up and were initially interested in the league we saw 73 fighters apply to fight. While we attempted to bring each and every one into the league many found out they wouldn’t dominate and took their ball and went home. This caused a number of divisions to become very stagnant and made us reset the league using the first month as a beta.

Awards will be handed out as I have already private messaged [MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION] the winners of the awards and titles. No seasonal awards will be given out for this as we didn’t complete a full season. Nomination threads will be posted weekly for Best KO and Best Sub, if you want to line that trophy case you need to submit them into the thread.

We will be running another ultimate fighter tournament on this short week as we need to set rankings. Currently we have 16 (15 awaiting a response from an individual) in the Middleweight division and 8 in the Welterweight division. We will only be adding people in groups of 4 to the welterweight until they hit 16. From there an additional 8 members would need to sign up for us to create a third division but we are focusing on running two very active divisions.

A schedule will be posted in the Season 1 thread which will be posted at some point today. I thank everyone for working together to grow the league, and good luck in your fights.

Sevv_09
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.