LGv3 New Feature - Player vs Player

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Tris10, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Boozers

Boozers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Brillant work Tris

No Streaming Account
  2. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL, I never even heard of half of my opponents. However, looking at the scores and/or details reminds me who I actually played. This is awesome. I love the rivals information. Actually, I really like the profile page in general. Especially because you get to see everyone else's rivals and leagues played.

*EDIT* My opponents have been fixed after Tris changed the database 8)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
    No Streaming Account
  3. Conner McCloud

Conner McCloud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I'm going to have to start learning a new sport so I'm not limited to MLB. :)

No Streaming Account
  4. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Tris, if we know for certain who played in a league, could you fix it in the "League Map"? For instance, I'm certain that the following "Anonymous" or "DroppedLeague" owners should be:

Madden Season 1:
    San Francisco 49ers - Socalguy

Actually, when I think about it, this could be a royal pain because I think people will start guessing at who had the team last. For instance, I know Madden Season 3 had Striker3771 as the original owner of the Seahawks. Either he was replaced or we just removed ownership of him. That's where it could become a headache :roll:

But I do know that socal was the owner of the 49ers in Season 1 and I'm almost certain he finished the season or fell short of it by one or two games.

No Streaming Account
  5. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Well juji, i think i understand your question/problem.
    Now please note that every game in the last month or so, i've changed the system in that i stamp on each game who the user waswho played that game. So now, no matter what, your "player vs player" will show all those games, Even if they drop

However, for games over last month or before, we had to assume who that user was who played the game based on the last member to use that team. So if someone drops then some of those player vs player will be off.
    So agan, some old data might be effected by someone's dropped, but anything from now and in the future will record correctly.
    We could go back and look at each game and get the right user on there, but ya, thats really time consuming

6. jujimum

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's cool. I think I realized that about halfway through my post but felt I might as well finish typing it out at that point, LOL. Thanks Tris.

No Streaming Account