Milestone...5000 POST!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by GrandmasterB, Oct 16, 2007.

1. GrandmasterB

GrandmasterB GRAPHIC ASSASSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    I just realized that I've reached 5000+ posts. I'd like to take this time to thank the people in that made this achievement possible.

Tris10...thank you for creating such a cool site for XBL gaming
    swiper, MGM and Army...for creating such great rivalries on the field and the ice.
    Al Gore for allegedly inventing the internet...without you none of this would be possible.
    My boss...for allowing me to utilize my spare time in a constructive manner.

My message to the other members of the community. Keep on posting and keep the site active. I came from humble beginnings and fought through adversity to get here. If I can do it...anyone can.

Thank you...and goodnight!

No Streaming Account
  2. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    lol

I too would like to thank al gore for the internet.

BTW, how did you come to LG? I always enjoying hearing how people got started

3. GrandmasterB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    If I recall correctly I was searching for XBOX Live Leagues on Google. My first post was in regards to redesigning the header and ticker. That was near 3 years ago I think.

No Streaming Account
  4. SpursRepeat

SpursRepeat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't really know you but congrats! 5k posts, that's pretty amazing!

No Streaming Account
  5. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the big leagues, Rook!!

No Streaming Account
  6. Jepockn

Jepockn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

maybe a revamp might be a in order gmb :idea:

No Streaming Account
  7. Virtual Assassin

Virtual Assassin Champ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Way to go B! You've put in a great effort for the site. GMB FTW

No Streaming Account
  8. swiper19

swiper19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congrats B! you are a class act in so many ways and one guy I am pleased to have on my friends list.

not to steal your thunder...

this is officially my 10,000 LG post :shock:

Join Date: 08-12-2004 and have had zero regrets , this is a tightly knit online community that is so very much like a family ( dysfuntional at times )
    The friends list is a true to life thing , I have 99 guys on my FL and I say that I would love to sit down with each and everyone of you and have a pint or 6 with and shoot the $hit. My experiences here at LG have been positive , win or lose all great times and between my two accounts ( swiper19 & swiper1991) have played over 1000 League games.

so raise a toast to B on his 5,000th and 5,000 more....

LG general population , pat yourself on the back since it is you that makes this possible for all of us to enjoy.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  9. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    congrats GMB , i have been here since last year and loving it more and more , like swiper says , we all a big family and we keep on groin every single day ! love yall !

tino45
  10. BxGngsta

BxGngsta Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Congrats GMB. We haven't played before but I have read many of your posts.

This is the one site that I will always enjoy for Xbox. When I was planning on getting married ('06) I had to put the controller down for awhile and suffered by not having a 360. I'm so glad I picked one up and got games in here. I got so tired of PS leagues falling under. I never thought I would be putting Playstation behind me and only playing a 360! Especially Madden! Thanks to all of you for showing me the light!

No Streaming Account
  11. OldTimeHockey

OldTimeHockey Who's the master? Sho-Gun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Congrats on such longevity GMB and swiper. That's cool, but the rest of us wish you would just shut your flytrap already! :razz: just kidding!!!!! I'm thankful for guys like yourselves giving me something to read while I should be working. :)

I've personally only been here a short time, but I've gotta second what swiper says (99 bottles of beer on the wall came to mind while I was reading it). Everyone I have come in contact with at LG has been great. The leagues are run with care. The message boards are active and always something cool being added. I'm super thankful that you guys welcomed me here as one of your own because its always hard jumping into a new community when everyone already knows everyone else. So thanks for putting up with me and my joking/razzing that I like to do. I can give it and take it.....ribbing guys, ribbing, get your dirty minds out of the gutter.

So here's to another 5000 posts from GMB! I'll take my piddly 238 posts and go sit in the corner now.

No Streaming Account
  12. swiper19

swiper19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    MGM and I have always talked about picking a city and having a get together and inviting as many people as possible to join in the fun , I think it would be cool to put faces to the voices ( other than posted pics in the LG members thread) Chicago often comes up as a Central location.....

Ideally and selfishly for me I would love to host it in my town , owning a bar has it's privelages :wink:

No Streaming Account
  13. OldTimeHockey

OldTimeHockey Who's the master? Sho-Gun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tried to organize something at another community like you and MGM spoke about and that community just kept spinning their wheels. I would love to help plan something out as I've always wanted to meet the people I know by voice only over my XBOX. That would be cool.

What's so selfish about that? As long as you pick up the tab, I'm all for partying at Swiper's. :-&

There are so many videogame conventions that we could always just pick one of those as well. Or like you said, start somewhere Central like Chicago, the in future years do a big city on either coast like NYC or San Fran. Could do it during football season and grab a bunch of tickets. Tons of ideas.

No Streaming Account
  14. MusicalMercury

MusicalMercury Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that would work..... I would even try to get to something like that... and if you had a good sound system there I would even bring the music... (remember my 2nd job)..

No Streaming Account
  15. bones56

bones56 Retired Commissioner

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    NYC works for me :) , Chicago or Canada is cool too. I have always thought it would be a cool idea to do something like this. So lets get the wheels moving!!! Oh and B congrats on your dedication to the LG community, I know you have helped me get adjusted when I first arrived a few years back. I am creeping up on 2000 posts shortly.

Swiper~~ A very well stated post above, I couldn't agree more!!! :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
    No Streaming Account
  16. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    How about Toronto, i got 5 empty bed rooms and a 106in HDTV ;)

But seriously, if there was an event planned and people were flying out for it. It would have to be something well orginized and fulfilling. You wouldn't want to spend the time playing video games i hope :)

17. MusicalMercury

MusicalMercury Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would say that doing something like that over a weekend when we could get to a game.....NHL or AHL... but go as a group... maybe pick up a keg from somewhere....

No Streaming Account
  18. GrandmasterB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    I would definitely meet up in a central location like Chicago. Even STL would be a decent place to meet.

No Streaming Account
  19. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well I've always wanted an excuse to go to Canada, and hanging out playing video games is probably the only way the wife would be cool with not staying attached to my hip. Where do you live again Rob?

No Streaming Account
  20. TADMG

TADMG S7 San Jose Sharks

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice work guys! Let me know how the Spam tastes?!!? haha jk! Nice work, gj keeping up to date with everything!

No Streaming Account