Please Review! Official Changes to the Code of Conduct and Ban Buyout Policy

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, May 26, 2021.

1. CTastik91

CTastik91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Morgz x 4#4444
    Ratings:
    +518 / 7 / -39
    that’s a cop out. At some point we need to do the right thing…slurs based on gender and sexual preference are just as valid as any other. You don’t get to give different levels of punishment when it comes down to the same issue in the end.

Slurs of any kind need to be the same punishment, that needs to be changed immediately.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    Put the sponsors name to the CoC then. LG Code of Conduct - Sponsored By Company X. Then let it be known that this company believes there's a difference when it comes to specific slurs and watch those Yelp reviews plummet. Otherwise, this looks like it's you, LG McDonald, are the one who stands behind the criteria. That's a PR nightmare.

• Like Like x 3
    Markz_51
  3. bryg20_

bryg20_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -4
    Can LG expound on “off-site”? Are we talking social media platforms, ie. Twitch, Facebook, IG, Snapchat? Or are we also including verbal communication such as text messages, emails, and face-to-face conversations? I understand acquiescing to sponsor requests bc presumably the fund aspects of our platform. But at what cost to us as participants? My employer doesn’t monitor my socials, I don’t expect a gaming platform to.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,051 / 350 / -520
    If u say something on Facebook and someone goes to your workplace you will probably get fired

premierplayer
  5. CTastik91

Discord:
    Morgz x 4#4444
    Ratings:
    +518 / 7 / -39
    Yeah. I work in HR and we don’t actively monitor social media of our employees. However if it gets brought to my attention by a client, I will terminate you in a second for something you said online. You are a representation of the organization.

I’m fine with LG enforcing conduct outside of the league, but we need to have baseline punishments not a power ranking of what’s worse racism, homophobia, threats of violence ect

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Welcome to LG buddy. Where anything they deem bannable based on some bogus AC by a salty member of the community is deemed evidence and makes them 100$ down the road.

Like Salty said earlier, here it's Guilty until proven innocent and since we're on the internet, it's super easy to play with words, give them different meaning and even falsify evidence.

So make sure you watch your language at all times, never know when you might run into a LG member on the street.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    While I'm all for making LG a more welcoming place for everybody, what needs to change is the culture of reporting somebody because it's funny to get them banned as opposed to actually feeling like this person is ruining your experience on the site. Goes without saying that some words and some comments are going to be a no tolerance policy. I'm not going to pretend like I know the full context of every conversation that leads to someone being banned, nor am I going to sit here and act like it's difficult to avoid punishment. With that in mind though, there are several reports that get filed where it's not: "No matter what I do this person won't leave me alone" instead it's more like: "LOL get banned shitter".

It's the latter of those interactions that's problematic to me, especially with such a young community. People feel rewarded for getting someone banned that they don't like, and to me that's not the point of these policies. I think some responsibility needs to be put on the person filing the report as to what they could have done to de-escalate or remove themselves from the situation (Every website that allows for social interaction includes some form of a block feature, start using it on people you don't like). Again, that type of thing is going to be subjective based on what's being said, but I think that's the problem with policies like this when they're being weaponized the way that we've seen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    I think an unsuccessful AC filing should result in some sort of punishment. Would make the people who ban for their own pleasure be a whole lot more careful with their "trolling act"

But I agree with everything you've said. It's become more of a game than what's it's been put in place for. Can guarantee you 90% of the AC's filed.. No one's feel threatened. It's just their way of screwing someone over for their own entertainment.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,051 / 350 / -520
    The coc doesn't say u need to feel threatened by what someone says. It's pretty clear that u can't say slurs but people still do and complain when they get muted and banned.

premierplayer
  10. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    You would be upset about my comment AC'ing everything like you do and making being a BOG something nobody wants to do for more than a season.

No Streaming Account
  11. bryg20_

bryg20_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 1 / -4
    I believe I have a firm understanding of my company’s social media policy to say that I wouldn’t be fired for what I post. But OK.

No Streaming Account
  12. CTastik91

Discord:
    Morgz x 4#4444
    Ratings:
    +518 / 7 / -39
    There’s no reason to make this a long drawn out answer. Did you say something offensive? Punishment.

How can you avoid this? Don’t say dumb shit. You can have fun, you can troll anybody, just don’t offend an entire race, sexuality, gender, ect

you all know what you can and can’t say, don’t play dumb

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    Punishing someone for filing a report is probably taking it a bit too far.

No Streaming Account
  14. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    What is the point of all of the mgmt discord discussions and forum posts on this if what we say gets pushed aside?

1.) Our biggest issue with the CoC is people reporting guys to get them in trouble. They dont report them bc theyre "offended" or "feel threatened" in many instances as we have seen. If they are or the words or reported issue has malicious intent then id say 90% of the community has no problem with the ban

2.) Statue of limitation - we have people go back and look for things or screenshot/record them and then hold onto them and report them once that guy pisses them off or they can get an advantage against their team. This has happened numerous times and is continually ignored when again, sure the guy should of got a mute/suspension/ban but its clear people use these things as ammunition, which again refers back to #1 in they dont actually feel offended or threatened and they just use it to get someone in trouble or to gain an advantage which is awful

3.) Guilty until proven innocent - This is probably the biggest issue that has plagued bans and the CoC. Mgmt or players file stuff and then report the player. The player is then removed if any picture or messages sent reported.
    a.) There NEEDS to be a PM sent to the player being accused and the player/manager accusing them (hire a position if you need to, i have volunteered to do this for free multiple times aka NHLPA)
    b.) Get both sides of the story before a ruling, also makes it better for the appeal process as ALL THE INFO IS IN ONE PLACE, instead of the appealing person needing to use IMGR which no one on earth uses besides Tris and then you have to wait till Friday till Brodie gets around to it to make a decision on the appeal. *There have been NUMEROUS times BOGs have told us they dont agree with bans or they think it should be overturned but its their job to issue the ban and not their job to handle the appeal even if they think it should be changed which is insane and shows how broken the system is

4.) Offsite stuff - this unfortunately seems to be needed due to sponsors which is understandable but it should somewhat stick to LG esq off site things. LG Discords, LG game streams, esports streams etc. We want to grow NHL as an esport and streaming views but if people cant be themselves or have fun and let loose without people sitting in the chat clipping things to report them (which twitch handles) then it can become an issue. Again, a lot of things should/could be included as youre representing LG but if i have a mature stream and stay within the rules of twitch, why cant i or the people coming through the stream say whatever they want. Should the streamer also be punished for someone in their party saying something crazy that doesnt represent what they think or feel, where do you draw the line?

5.) Fake Discord and Twitch accounts - these are extremely easy to make and frame as we have seen in the past, yourself included Brodie. LG needs to dig into these things more before issuing the bans bc many people in LG who have been banned say they just dont care to appeal it bc fuck LG or they dont know how or cant figure it out. People rarely even use the LG site these days as almost everything is ran through discord.

6.) There are a lot of players on cap bans who never bought back bc they feel they were wrongfully banned. They served the FULL 3 szn ban, they shouldnt have to pay $100 on top of that to come back. It should be $100 to get out of it in 2szn or serve the full 3 and then be unbanned. If you want keep the 3szn and $!00 ban and then add a 4szn/5szn option where the ban is just expired and you dont have to pay, esepcially crucial for LG NHL/AHL/CHL

TLDR
    - Need to distinguish between players reporting people for actually being offended or feeling threatened and players reporting people to get them in trouble or gain an edge over their team
    - Statue of limitations - things should need to be reported in 1 or 2 days of happening, otherwise people hang onto things just to get guys in trouble
    - Need to create a position to preemtively handle ACs and bans and include both the reported player and the person reporting them in 1PM with BOGs to show and prevent all evidence BEFORE REMOVING THE PLAYER

@LG McDonald @Tris10

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    SweeT9LoU84
  15. a1xFREAKx13

a1xFREAKx13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    a1xFREAKx13#5407
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / 18 / -72
    personally i think anything off site should remain that unless it is something that cannot be slid under the radar like the PTP issue, calling someone names or using a racial slur unless its directly involved with lg should be left alone, we strive to be the best 6s community yet we constantly allow salty kids to report lame shit and ban other kids in the league, this whole new way of dealing with things is a joke, sticks and stones.. get a back bone and move on, this community could be so much better but for some reason its the most toxic ive ever seen. we need to make changes that make this community great again.

• Like Like x 1
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  16. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76

I was banned for a slur in a discord image which i owned up too and was wrong. But they were images more then 3 months old which pertains to your 2nd point and when i appealed i was told i have no grounds for an appeal. So thats where i can adamantly agree that part needs to change. And to be clear im not defending myself in what i said, i owned what i said and served my ban and admitted guilt. But the point being is that said individual went back and scrounged up all those images and filed them all at the same time to gain a competitive advantage not because he was offended because they didnt even involve him.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. CTastik91

Discord:
    Morgz x 4#4444
    Ratings:
    +518 / 7 / -39
    I feel like you can’t say you want the community to be better, but also think people should be able to slur other members without consequences. Cutting this conduct out of the league is the only way this community will get better and grow.

Kids who report this shit aren’t soft, it’s not about growing a backbone. It’s about being decent human beings to each other not acting like children in your 20s-30s

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    I can go on Twitch right now with Chris-Tastik as my name and post awful shit, screenshot it, and AC you.

How you gonna prove it ain't you?

No Streaming Account
  19. CTastik91

Discord:
    Morgz x 4#4444
    Ratings:
    +518 / 7 / -39
    I wasn’t really speaking on the issue of people impersonating others. I feel like that’s a small percentage of the situations we are talking about.

ive already mentioned it to the league about how easily discord messages can be edited.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. FrenchMoron

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    It's definitely been an issue. It's also been used by many managers to get out of some sticky situations. Lotta cup winners been doing it. ;)

No Streaming Account